Venice thread

PAY UP ALEXIOS

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uDv4e2F0
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3112251/Greece-skips-paying-debts-Athens-refuses-hand-300million-euro-bailout-repayment-today-promises-pay-bundle-payments-later.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He honestly did nothing wrong. The Byzantines tried to double cross him

hello I'm interested in becoming a Venetiaboo. Could you direct me to some resources?

pastebin.com/uDv4e2F0

I gotchu senpai

>literally sacking the heart of Rome for ducats
Is there anything more deplorable?

t. Enrico Dandolo

Fuck off, the Venetians were in the right

Venedig should be burned down.
All (((merchant))) republics ought to be destroyed.

>Venedig
I want Austrians to leave

You can't stop the US of A, buddy.

Honestly, who was stronger, Venice or Genoa?

>rome
umm no sweety :)

Let the Austrians leave, but only after they sack this wretched town and salt its surroundings.

>the continuation of the rightful Roman government isn't Roman
t. H*Ly R*Man Emp*Ror

>salt the ocean

Dont mind me, just reminding byz*ntine redditor that the 4th crusade was completely justified

holy shit why have i never heard of this before?
>literally selling out fellow christians to the turks

>byzzies on suicide watch
DO IT AGAIN ENRICO DANDOLO

4th crusade was just a bit of banter, orthodox fags needs to get a grip desu

Umm no sweaty, literally every single reputable, non byzaboo historians said otherwise

Aug.Heisenberg: "Byzantium is the christianised Roman state of the Greek nation (Staat und Gesellschaft des byzantinischen Reiches, Die Kultur der Gegenwart, s. 364)

Talbot Rice: "Byzantium has to be studied as a chapter of the long history of civilisation."

Ostrogorsky: (About 7th century Heraclus era) "Byzantium, although it always remained loyal to the Roman political ideals, and traditions, it is now turning into a Medieval Greek state." (History of the Byzantine state, p. 217)

Gyula Moravscik: He says that it is preferable to talk about Greekology rather than Byzantinology (Byzantion, Vol.25 (1965) p. 291-301)

N. Svoronos: "I never manage to find the difference between Byzantium and modern Hellenism" (The method of history, p. 104)

P.Lemerle: He writes about "Greek middle ages" (First Byzantin humanism, p.52)
for the "Hellenization of the Empire" (p.71) and "Greek christianity" (p.279) for "the Greeks of the Byzantium" (p.284) and the "third Hellenism, the Hellenism of Byzantium" (p.285)

Karl Marx refers to the "Greek patriotism" of the Kingd of Nicaia and he calls the emperors of Constantinople as Greek emperors ( Article of New York Daily Tribune 12/8/1853 London 29/7/1853)

Sture Linner: "The Byzantines... were always conscious of their Greek past" (History of the Byzantine civilisation, p. 219)

Kurt Weitzmann. He writes about "The Greek blood in the veins of the Byzantines" (Greek mythology in Byzantine Art, p.207)

N. David: The Byzantine empire "in 6th century was more Greek than Roman" (p.23) and that Byzantine civilisation is a Greek spiritual world (p. 147 in the evolution of the middle ages).

He killed millions.

Also

>At the beginning of the eleventh century the Greek Empire, through the arms and statesmanship of the Isaurian and Macedonian dynasties, had reached again the power, wealth, and culture of its zenith under Justinian. Asia Minor, northern Syria, Cyprus, Rhodes, the Cyclades, and Crete had been wrested from the Moslems; southern Italy was once more Magna Grecia, ruled by Constantinople;

>Although the Empire to its dying day called itself Roman, nearly all Latin elements had disappeared from it except Roman law.

>greek empire

Age of Faith- Will Durant

>The Roman state has to be based in Rome sucking the tits of the Pope
t. Catholic

Holy shit imagine unironically being a byzaboos i can hear the assdevastation already

>byzantines were "greeks"
>almost all emperors were non greeks
>the army consisted of non greeks
>non greek religion
>literally surpressed any nationalistic greek movements and sentiments
really jiggles my bells

And what about the sacking of Zadar, hmm? Was that justified as well?

it was, zadar at that point was threatening to betray the republic and trying to join hungary, and their king who was supposed to join the crusade didnt come, while the crusader needed the money to pay for the transport and supply so yes it was in fact justified as well

>this level of Venetian delusions
Accept that you are the Italian equivalent of Perfidious Albion

Grazie, amico

based thread

Gr*ek soyboys deserved that

>heart of Rome

That is Vatican.

Enrico is blind, not geography illiterate.

Jesus what a brainlet.
Zadar has been a part of Hungary for 20 years. There was no conspiring, only Venetian envy because Zadar was a rising star in the trading business, furthermore it was right in the middle of the Adriatic Sea. So if anything it was Venice which committed a betray against the Church and the Crusade by perverting a holy movement into discussion about business and earthly goods which ironically culminated in sacking of a Catholic town (which was rightfully ruled by a Catholic king who intented to join the crusade up until then).

FALLO ANCORA, DADDY DANDOLO!

>That is Vatican.
>the religious cult that overtook and ultimately destroyed Rome is its true successor

>The Catholic Church, also known as the Roman Catholic Church, is the largest Christian church, with more than 1.29 billion members worldwide

It helped to spread Rome influence to a worldwide scale

>Rome didn't already have worldwide influence
>C*tholics didn't help to destroy Rome

Venice unironically brought down thousands of years of history because Greeks are incapable of paying debnts

PAY DEBT

WHERE'S MY MONEY, MAN.

Why are people honestly more butthurt about this than when the Turks took Constantinople?

Looks like Tywin Lannister.

FALLO ANCORA, DADDY DANDOLO

*blocks your path*

by the melanin vested in me, I hereby declare Venetians honorary BLACKS. wear your pigment proudly, brothers

based turkposter

Dubs of approval

cause it's a reminder that more direct descendants also thought the Byzantines were just one big gay gr**k larp

Holy shit this pic

FALLO ANCORA, DADDY DANDOLO!

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this? What's the big deal?

Gayreek refused to pay debt and tried to kill Venetian Crusaders. Venetian fought back and sacked the whole Constantinople.

What's wrong with Greece?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3112251/Greece-skips-paying-debts-Athens-refuses-hand-300million-euro-bailout-repayment-today-promises-pay-bundle-payments-later.html

>The Greeks still haven't learned from last time

DO IT AGAIN DADDY DANDOLO

So when are we going to see german bureaucrats sacking Athens?