Cheap protein

How do you get in 200g+ of protein per day without breaking the bank Veeky Forums? I weigh 225lb and I'm trying to maintain weight but it seems like I either have to spend way too much money or go over maintenance to get the protein in.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Create-Lobster-Farms
wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-Crayfish
wikihow.com/Breed-Red-Cherry-Shrimp
wikihow.com/Make-a-Shrimp-Aquarium
worldwideaquaculture.com/how-you-could-easily-raise-fish-indoors-for-food-profit/
survivalist101.com/raising-fish/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

75-100g of protein powder, rest from food.

Invest in protein powder, don't try to cover it all with meat. It will be cheaper in the long run

Buy cheap meat like beef heart and liver or whatever else is on sale pork butt is always cheap or brisket.

>12 eggs
>1 scoop of protein powder
>some flax seed
>bit of real roast beef
>greek yogurt

Cheapest I can find in my local store are quark and textured soy protein granules.

sardines

sounds gross and it is, but they are pretty cheap

1. You don't need over 200g of protein daily to maintain muscle mass. Congrats on falling for broscience.

2. lol @ the file name. I hope you don't think red meat (or any meat) is healthy.

>he bought the 1g/lb meme

Milk

You are retarded

listen up vegcuck eating fatty meat is fine as long as you exercise

You sound like a vegan.

I hope you're enjoying wasting away into plant feed.

200 is less than 225, and I'm just ballparking

But that costs more than the meat that I'm saying is too expensive. Maybe the protein I'm buying is too much. How much do you guys spend on protein powder?

200g is more than enough unless you're on gear
Excessive protein intake is stored as fat

>as long as you exercise
"eating x as long as you exercise" is exactly how you know x is shit.

Retard.

You sound like a retard.

This doesn't answer the question you retard.

protein powder, across the board costs more than chicken so this is bad advice for the price conscious

Literally anyone can afford cheap:
>tuna or Anchovies (no way you'll go over maintenance)
>eggs

Cheap:
>Greek Yogurt
>Milk
>edamame beans

afforadable
>protein powder
>chicken
>Cottage cheese

if you eat like 3 eggs, a can of tuna, one chicken breast, two glasses of milk with protein powder and cottage cheese you'll easily be at like 180 proteins at around only 1500 calories (i checked). Buy shit in bulk and you should be completly fine....

6 dollars buys 60 eggs at my store, if you buy them in bulk pallets. That's 320 grams of protein for 6 bucks. You cannot beat that.

Dang, it's $5 for 18 eggs here, and that's the cheap brand. A 6-pack of organic eggs is $4.
Are you in America? I hear eggs are super cheap there

I make my own Jerky
I buy cheap meat at my supermarket and do it that way.

Not sure about him but I can get a dozen for about 69 cents.

buy chickens.. free eggs man just gotta buy them shelter, food, and constantly maintain their health and safety its simple user

Tofu, beans, corn, lima beans, chicken, eggs nigga

>he thinks anyone, even fully natty lean elite athletes, need 200g+ of protein a day
Lol I thought this board was supposed to have smart people on it.

chicken breast in a 5KG or similarily large bag, Freeze 4KG refridgerate the rest?
Tuna is cheap but tastes bland
Proton shakes to supplement 10 pounds per kg
Without memeing this is your options, I eat red meat sometimes but it's higher fat etc so it's more of a treat, I have a sensistive stomach anyways so a lot of protons shake, chicken is ok.

Just buy the frozen bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts

eggs.
dairy.
nut butt

try bottled egg whites, they're pretty cheap

Is nut butt some fag thing where you suck the semen out of other fags asses?

>not cleaning up the cream pie to recycle protein
Never gonna make it

god and you all think you're from 1st world countries but you worry that much about food prices you kikes. The price of foods isn't big deal for me but having space in my stomach to eat that much, I hate eating.

If you cant afford chicken than go fishing and get all your protein for free

Check out Myprotein or Bulk Powders
Cheap as fuck

at least i'm not a fag lol

Tuna is overpriced, a non-disgusting brand costs $1/can and each can has 20g-25g of protein. $2-$2.50 will buy you 1lb of chicken breast that has around 100g of protein.

Eggs are an OK buy depending on where you live. But still, 6 eggs cost around $1 and have only 35-40g of protein at most.

Greek yogurt isn't cheap at all. Minimum is $4/80g of protein.

Milk is cheap.

Eda-meme beans aren't even worth addressing.

protein powder is not cheaper than chicken

chicken is the only good suggestion but obvious enough to not mention it

cottage cheese is $2.75/80g of protein, not bad and similar to eggs

$5 for 30 eggs here

way more expensive than "fresh" chicken

>$3.50 for 50g of protein

are you joking

>Chinese laborer observes atomic weapon "little boy" detonating over Hiroshima. Circa 1945

if you think protein powder is more expensive / protein than chicken, you either can't into math or look at some premium brand.

myprotein is at 90g per 1€ right now.

they used to be like 50 cents a can growing up, now they're like 1.50. it's because of you guys, isn't it?

Instead of calculating protein intake like autists how about you focus on a balanced, healthy and varied diet composed mainly of vegetables and complex carbs? The protein will sort itself out, you aren't top tier bodybuilders.

you don't need 200 g of protein still you retard

do you really need that much? the rule of thumb is 1 g per LEAN body weight. and it's only an estimate, 0.7 g/lb protein is still viable for bulking.

You need 200g of protein? What are you a fucking mamooth?

You don't need that much

This

You aren't a pro bodybuilder so just eat meat and eggs and you'll be fine. You don't need ridiculous amounts of protein to make gains

>tfw 900 grams of chicken is $10 here
>tfw 12 eggs is $4 here

>not getting dollar menu gains
Plebs

beans pulses lentils are cheap as fuck when bought dry

>tfw 1000g of chicken is 3$ here

feels good desu

>euros

Thankfully the rest of us live in a free country. It's $58 + $9 shipping or $67 for 5lb of isolate from NOW brand which is the cheapest unflavored shit you can buy from Amazon. 5lb of isolate = 4.45lb of actual protein. 4.45lb = 2015g of protein. $67/2015g = $0.033/g for protein powder. Add in shipping costs and it's a little more than that.

Chicken breast is $2-$2.25/lb and there is ~100g for 1lb. Let's say it's $2.25/100g, that's $0.0225/g.

>varied diet composed mainly of vegetables and complex carbs

Why are there so many useless vegans and marathon running idiots on Veeky Forums?

lmao at the 175lb manlets ITC

yellow peas are cheapest protein source in my country together with milk and eggs.

pasta has suprising amounts of protein (10-12g per 100g and you can get 500g of spaghetti pasta for really small amounts) but remember never go full vege protein

>How do you get in 200g+ of protein per day without breaking the bank Veeky Forums? I weigh 225lb and I'm trying to maintain weight but it seems like I either have to spend way too much money or go over maintenance to get the protein in.
Mushrooms is a good way to get some high quality homemade protein with high biological value.

It is not nearly as hard as you imagine.

Several companies sell ready for harvest bags of mushroom micelium that you can easily obtain several pounds of mushrooms from at home.

You can even make it yourself with some basic knoledge about mushrooms, and they will give you a very good amount of proteins requiring only some very cheap vegetable substrates to produce.

It is much less effective than raising insects to eat, since those have much higher protein content per gram, but also way less disgusting.

Some good options are oyster mushrooms, they can be made from compost using any kind of straw from any commonly grown comercial crops, you can get it very cheap, and the mushrooms that are produced cost quite a lot in the market.

You can also raise chickens for eggs and meat if you have a backyard.

>Bulk section of grocery store
>Scoop a big bag of whey
>Label it as pizza dough mix or flour or something similar
>You're welcome

>yellow peas are cheapest protein source in my country

I think of statements like this whenever people say they hate America. Do you eat gruel too?

Meat
Dairy
eggs

So fucking easy.

t.here american living for more than most of the world makes in a year thanks to macroeconomic process he does not fully understand

>meat
Lobster is way too expensive to eat daily IMO
>Dairy
Have you seen prices of aged triple-brie cheese recently?
>eggs
Ostrich eggs are $50/egg you moron

Why are so many vegan samefags on Veeky Forums recently.

>being this retarded

Wow, an entire thread with not one person actuallu helping OP.
Protip, if ur from a 3rd world country please don't bother trying to post ITT.

>What are beans n eggs?

>Proton shakes to supplement 10 pounds per kg

what did he mean by thid

>Lobster is way too expensive to eat daily
You can raise them yourself in a large watertank and eat all you want. Check for lobster larvae retaillers near you, and see if they sell any ready to use lobster watertank that you can fit in your property (or House), if you have a large yard or basement you might be able to grow some, not eanough for you to survive on selling them but surely enough for you and your family to eat.

Crayfish are easier, shrimps are not hard but require some knoledge and special tanks.

It is a good way to obtain seafood in a healthy enviroment, at least this way you can control the polluents that are in your food and ensure you are not gonna get food poisoning.

>eating 200g+ proteins a day
>pissing out more than half of it
>whilst fucking your kidneys and liver to hell
topkek friendo

Here are some guides to do it:
wikihow.com/Create-Lobster-Farms
wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-Crayfish
wikihow.com/Breed-Red-Cherry-Shrimp
wikihow.com/Make-a-Shrimp-Aquarium

>it's because of you guys, isn't it?
It legit probably is. There's a lot of food trends that have made certain previously cheap foods ridiculously overpriced.

Anything labeled as a superfood is a prime suspect, for instance.

When ever I go to cost co they are both about $2 per lb so I get the bag since it's more convenient

I didn't make this but it's glorious.

tl;dr: tuna

ten scoops

>The protein will sort itself out,

Not that user, but that's cool! I'll check it out.

But it doesn't. Whey is literally one of the cheapest sources of protein per gram there is.

I only reach 150-170 g protes a day.

Am I going to die or not build muscle? It's been working so far :(

For what it's worth the most protein you can use is roughly .8 grams per pound of lean body mass so unless you're an insane roid beast you're never going to NEED 200+g of protein.
That being said I like getting most of my protein from whole milk/eggs/bulk chicken and pork

>Not that user, but that's cool! I'll check it out.
Also, check this one out for cultivating your own live fish food, this will ensure maximun quality of seafood that you produce, as well as making it very clean and healthy.

You can check some quides for fish and psiculture too:

worldwideaquaculture.com/how-you-could-easily-raise-fish-indoors-for-food-profit/

survivalist101.com/raising-fish/

This are some of the best ways to obtain extremely affordable and healthy seafood, totally worth doing if you have enough space for it, if not for the health benefits then for the cost efficiency when compared to buying fish and seafoods in the market.

Not to mention it is fun as fuck since it is basically an aquarium, and everyone loves aquariums!

0.7g/lb and you're gold

> he thinks united states is the only free country

>Fucking kidneys and liver

The fact that you can even make a claim about broscience and say that is astounding to me.

I have been baited.

But that's expensive whey. My last purchase of whey was from myprotein, total cost was $108 for 22 lbs. This was 8,000 grams of protein. That comes out to $1.35 per 100 grams of protein.

Whey is only significantly more expensive than any meat option if you choose retard priced whey.

you'll be fine you little bitch

36 egg whites

Mudslimes BTFO. Not a singe free country.

>It is a good way to obtain seafood in a healthy enviroment

>dank basement rather than out in the sea

this, so far, I think chicken breasts is one of the cheap and excellent source of protein

>you'll be fine you little bitch
Thanks daddy

But the UK is green on the map.

>tfw 36 egg whites a day

I get all my protein from egg whites

The only way to go pricewise

>dank basement rather than out in the sea
Well, consider that out in the sea has a water filled with heavy metals, petrolium extraction waste products, nigger feces from all over the world and radiation from the ever leaking nuclear powerplant of Fukushima, meaning that it comes with the risk of being very fucking unhealthy.

In closed systems you can control water quality, nutrient amount, oxygenation, contaminants and make daam sure that your food will NOT give you food poisoning. Not to mention there is no tastier seafood than fresh seafood, and you can't get any fresher than straight from farm to table.

Basements are actually ideal enviroments for crayfish since they prefer the dark.

>british rupees

Grow bluefin tuna for me daddy

see

Remember to actually look at how much protein is in the powder. Popular whey concentrates only have 3.5lb of protein in a 5lb tub of powder

see