FRIENDLY REMINDER TO

Give up play Video games

Seriously, sell your PS4 or Xbox or whatever, uninstall Steam and delete all your games, or if you still have the original packaging, you can put your system in it's box, and then put the box away where you won't ever see it. Put all your games and accessories away as well. Playing video games is fun, no one is going to disagree there. Video games in this day and age are incredibly immersive and you can get lost in them so easily. It might feel rewarding, it might feel like it's the best way you want to spend your free time, but you're wrong. You're wrong on all fronts. Video games are soul sucking, energy sucking, time wasting, and all around just a negative thing that you should avoid. There is no "moderation", and there is no "but it's just this one game", just STOP. Put the games away, and stop. What is the goal here? The goal is the improve yourself. From your physique, to your strength, to your social skills, to your financial income. You want to get better.

So why are you wasting your physique by sitting for long periods of time, slowly wrecking your back ?

And why are you wasting your strength by engaging in a sedentary activity that causes muscle atrophy ?

And why are you wasting your social skills by isolating yourself from the world and/or associating with racist, homophobic, sexist, angry teenagers that shout slurs into the microphone or text chat ?

And why are you wasting your financial income by exchanging an 8 hour day at work for a single video game that will give you zero benefits in the real world?

Why?

Are?

You?

Playing?

Games?

Still?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OXf8P8FLz9c
youtu.be/Y-TdHAVGQH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck you, I play video games with my high school friends that live 4 hours away and it's the only time I talk to them when I'm not home. Stay mad cuck

Ive stopped playing video games. Ive been going to thd gym in my spare time and drawing. Im worried i will fall back into the cycle one day. I hope i dont.

Next thing you know you're going to tell me to stop watching anime.

>I play video games with my high school friends that live 4 hours away

If this is true, and you ONLY play video games WHEN you're in the company of several friends, THAT IS ACCEPTABLE!!!

Because it's NOT about the games. It's about the time and experience you guys are having together. There is a device that you guys are bonding over, there is a topic of discussion for the night (that being the game). Everyone is stretching their social muscles, everyone is laughing, everyone is having a good time. That's great.

What I'm specifically referring to is people who game alone as a pass time. Or people who only play video games when "they're bored". If you're bored on your free time and resort to video games, then YOU are choosing to live a boring existence and only you can change it if you want to grow and develop.

Nothing has improved my life more than when I stopped playing video games multiple hours a day and started working on myself more including being more social

HIGHLY recommend giving it a try if you're feeling down and think you might be using video games as a form of escapism.
If you think there's even a chance, you probably are.

Stop watching anime

I have a job, a house, a girlfriend, a truck and a great physique.
I play video games several times a week.
People who think they have to give up video games to "make it" are as retarded as people who think they have to give up fapping.

I use video games to have an online social life because being friends with normies is the biggest gains goblin there is.

I'll take things that aren't real for five thousand, Alex.

>says the person on Veeky Forums, which is far worse

"I have a normal life and still I drink a few times a week. Alcoholics who think they need to quit are retarded."

Brilliant, let's all stop doing things for pleasure and just be "productive" until the day we die. Am I allowed carnal pleasures or does fucking bitches not count as "productive"?

are you the chad alpha male that plays Madden or NHL2K for 15 minutes 2 times a week in the evening?

Highly doubt if you have a girlfriend, a house, lots of responsibilities, and a physique to maintain that you would have time to anything other than a quick play game of something

T. A single guy who works full time and worksout after work.

Only have free time on the weekends.

I play Diablo or FIFA with my buddies a few times a week.A usual gaming session for me is about 60-120 minutes (shorter on weekdays, longer on weekends).

Work 9-5:30, then go to the gym with my best mate, then go home, shower, cook, eat, watch Netflix or play video games and then go to bed.

Chat with my flatmates while cooking/eating.

If I didn't play video games or watch TV, what exactly would I be doing instead? I read on the way to work, I meet up with a D&D group on the weekends. I don't even know what I would do if I didn't play games.

>watch Netflix or play video games
Trash

Get a good book and read. No excuses

>are you the chad alpha male that plays Madden or NHL2K for 15 minutes 2 times a week in the evening?

Bullshit. Sportsgamefags are some of the most insane addicts in the world and everyone knows it.

When normies play video games they play them just as much as everyone else, they just play shittier ones. Stop dreaming up fantasies about how "cool" people live to guide your life with, that's fucking weird and makes you a cuck.

Thanks for reading my entire post shitwad

>I read on the way to work

I also read pretty much all the books I own already (over 500) minus the kid ones so I'm getting more.

Face it, you can't offer me anything that would add to my life instead of what I do already.

i had about 10k+ hours clocked into one video game that I finally gave up after 7 years. I was already fit and had a few chances to get that hottie gamer gf, but I blew the chances and realized the game eventually drove me to complete isolation and frustration

the first few days was the hardest. i had to go to the gym more just so i would stop having breakdowns and even though I am still isolated and bored as fuck all the time, I am happier

I think the main reason is due to the fact I wasn't being disappointed by the game anymore. i couldn't use it as an excuse anymore for my failure so now when i notice something wrong I can face reality and do something concrete about it

tl;dr quit game I love, same direction and more bored but happier

>give up Vidya
>Try to attain the normie life
>Get to the point where I have normie friends that go out every other weekend or some shit like that
>Fucking hate that life, clubs and bars seem boring as fuck and I just don't care about anything anyone has to say
>They don't seem to talk about much, stuff like "ugh Mondays, fuck work, oh look at that creep XDD"
>Lose virginity and all that shit
>Normals still invite me out and I go but hate it
>Go back to Vidya

Imagine if this guy said actually thought like this and said things like this.

>I play video games before bed bro. I work full time, hit the gym, and then just play video games. I'm soo excited for Nintendo Switch! I stayed up till 3:00am to watch the stream, oh well, it's just one night of no sleep, it won't that make much of a difference in my schedule. I'll just be super tired and off tomorrow. Can't wait to play Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey dude!!! Gonna watch the speedruns and then go post about it on /v/

Never. Fucking. Ever. Would someone like this be caught playing games or saying shit like this. Like you, the defenders do. This is a fucking MAN. This is someone who fucks, eats, lifts, makes money, and lives large. This is what we all want. We all want to be successful manly men. Games ARE NOT MANLY. And they certainly aren't productive or good for you.

>not enjoying a game post work out and relaxing for maximum gains.

You're not gonna make it bruh

no

Ever since I started injecting testosterone I've stopped paying games

>tfw 25 year old kissless virgin and never really played video games ever

quite a weird feel

> exchanging an 8 hour day at work for a single video game

top.
fucking.
kek.

pleb

it's called balance my dude
you are never going to make it if you can't understand something that simple

>tfw have a successful normie life
>play extreme autism simulators and jap VNs at home

As opposed to spending hours on Veeky Forums. Here's your (You) you hypocritical fuck.

> Composite connection
> Fucking pleb

I'm 33 and stopped playing games three years ago. Besides buying a cheap dreamcast and playing it for maybe 15 hours total in the past year, I don't play anymore. It's just boring and childish.

P3L: Last year we met Edge, Ted Dibiase, and Cody Rhodes, who all told us that you were carrying your gaming console everywhere?

MH: Yes, wherever I go! She's in a car right now, I'm a fan of video games, I'm hooked. I have a voltage converter that allows me to connect my console wherever I go, in Europe, Asia ... without risking to destroy it.

P3L: Which console do you have? PlayStation, Xbox, ...?

MH: PlayStation 3!

Nah

>From your physique, to your strength
These are basically the same thing, or at least require the same type of effort
>to your social skills
Almost all my friends play some kind of vidya, including the fellow gym goers and ambitious career-types.
>financial income
Putting in more hours doesn't ensure this unless you're literally an hourly worker. I'm not saying give up and be a poorfag, but saying you need to recognize that there is a diminishing return in regards to time in this pursuit, and can be done with plenty of time to spare on leisure

I go to the gym a lot & play video games a lot. So fuck you.

>tfw Veeky Forums is full of recovering video game addicts like you

I used to play LoL for well over 40 hours a week. I didn't do anything except college, fucking, and video games. Since I quit I've been getting fit; reading a lot of lit; listening, playing, and writing a lot of music; getting into cooking; focusing on college, and maintaining a balanced social life. I also recently got a gf, I've stopped eating any fast food and soft drinks and I'm going to have a job by the end of the month. Last summer I played video games every day: This year I'm travelling every part of my country. Quitting video games is literally the best thing I've ever done for myself.

I still watch anime sometimes though.

>all these excuses by people

christ you're all fucking pathetic scum bags

>Sacrificing valuable dopamine produced by non-harmful means
>expecting muscle growth when stress levels are not combated
>not wanting a hobby that is literally so /alpha/ you can ignore gf's/wife's for hours at a time even you don't care about the game because
>I'm relaxing babe
Enjoy watching orange is the new black season 3 and subsidizing cuckoldery meanwhile I play some Jap shit and normalize that my gf is busted because she is legal.
What do you think will put you back into the commanding role?
You are a man right? If this doesn't resonate, okay someone here will wreck your boypussi in 2 years time after hormone therapy suggested by your feminist psychologist.

This is only a problem with people who play obsessively (i.e. fat NEETs) it's like saying "stop seeing movies!" or something.

fucking this.

if you're only making $60/day you need to reevaluate what in the fuck you're doing for a living.

youtu.be/OXf8P8FLz9c

I sold my PS4 about 2 years ago after almost two and a half decades of intense gaming addiction. The only game I play now is real life.

Best decision Ever

Damien?

What the fuck? Make sense .

Because your a wage cuck that spends shit loads of time in traffic too and from work plus the gym too!!

>sold PS4
So you beat bloodhound huh?

>tfw my cpu is almost 5 years old
I need an upgrade bad

Tfw brought my ps4 to uni with me only ro be able to play it weekends, not even online just single player stuff. I love being a varsity athlete but there is absolutly not time for it on top of training, class and studying.

Fuk I miss those 6 hour sesh of Overwatch with my masters squad

Scott Herman is a weeb.

I fucking LOVE schizo POSTING. Please DON'T stop POSTING.

>needing to quit something to make it
>listening to anyone on this retarded board.

use your brain if you can

He also pins male hormones on his buttocks on a daily basis. I can't think of anything more unmanly.

If you don't play Vidya then how the fuck are you a kissless Virgin

>caring this much about other people's hobbies

no

Those post workout games are the best tbqh, gives me something to look forward to after liftan

>he hopes that you will not completely abandon the tales of your youth

>the Hero's Journies that shaped your generation through his Arts

>but now you must put away childish things and take up the mantle of manhood

>you must begin YOUR hero's journey. A quest to perpetuate your people

youtu.be/Y-TdHAVGQH4

>And why are you wasting your financial income by exchanging an 8 hour day at work for a single video game that will give you zero benefits in the real world?

And why should I listen to someone who makes minimum wage?

I've been slowly loosing interest in vidya games ever since I had started uni, I'm forced to sit in long periods of time cause of all the work and really wouldn't be any different if I played vidya as much as I used to anymore.

Also ever since I started heading to the gym 4 days a week doing high intensity cardio I just keep losing more and more interest in them. I've lost a lot of my former friends because of this cause they're all neet losers. Also I've noticed the times I've had a girlfriend I lose absolutely 100% determination to play games, literally just kick them out of my life completely. But everytime I get out of a relationship the vidya just come back.

I want out of this honestly but I hardly have any inexpensive hobbies that I can do often so this is all I got

>And why are you wasting your social skills by isolating yourself from the world and/or associating with racist, homophobic, sexist, angry teenagers that shout slurs into the microphone or text chat ?
Someone's mad a 12 year old called him a faggot for sucking at CoD

If you replace the words video games with Veeky Forums and then this advice would be worth something

op fails his own advice wasting time here but it's not even entirely valid

Games can be used as a valid training ground - you can get free language training hanging arround with people in mmos. Learned 2 languages this way. Also betatested leadership tactics playing guild leader before applying it to my team. Whether you waste it depends what you make out of it. Just like the people who get master degrees and still end up frying fries most people don't utilize games to improve themself but it's doable

>I fucking LOVE schizo POSTING. Please DON'T stop POSTING.

Other schizo here, not op. Can't tell if your telling schizo's to stop posting, or want more.

>you can not do these things or you are not a child
>all of your time should be spent being productive and burning yourself out

Fuck off. Just don't cuck yourself by sitting there playing games all day, do it every now and then to unwind and have fun with friends. Make sure you only do it when you have time to kill, not as procrastination. A little indulgence is good for you, over indulgence is not.

>in grad school and working full time
>live with girlfriend
>have a social life
>have a fulfilling hobby
>still play 6-8 hours of vidya a week
Mostly play strategy games like CK2 or M&B anymore.

vidya is the reason we can have WONDERFUL threads like >40024420

>racist homophobic sexist angry teenagers

you're on Veeky Forums you fucking nigger faggot

This is either a NYR autist or a guy who has so much free time than he can spend it baiting on Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums

Either way he's a manchilf

>have fun with friends
>looks at url

Pic very much related.

>Give up play Video games
Stopped reading there.

All my friends I've known for over a decade play videogames.
If I had to choose between girls and my hobbies, I'd choose my hobbies any day.

The only games I play constantly are old shooters with the brahs and .gif; Contra contests are constantly held on Friday nights. .gif is constantly mega chill and we've all hung out since High School.

>exchanging an 8 hour day at work for a single video game

Lmao I'm not going to let someone slaving away for minimum wage tell me what I can and can't do with my money. I could but 4 AAA titles with a days pay

there are barely enough good games coming out for me to want to fucking play all day anyway

I did 3 weeks ago but now I just lay down and browse and listen to music in my free time

Clearly has plenty of time to lift if his system has no games.

But Breath of the Wild looks good as fuck! There is no denying that.

go to the gym, hang out with friends, then play? jesus christ it's not like I have to be at the gym 24/7 you sperg

fun is bad

>stopped playing video games and sold my computer
>just moved onto playing games on my phone and watching more TV after work

I have no purpose

Gayest post on Veeky Forums this 2017

>try giving up video games
>find myself being extremely bored and stressed with absolutely nothing to quench boredom
>Go back to video games after 2 weeks
>Immediately feel better and more satisfied again, while still maintaining a good diet and routine exercise habit

You are retarded if you think the ultimate secret to being successful in life is to cut off every source of enjoyment you have because somebody else told you to.

You'll never make it if you're never happy. Find some enjoyment in life and stop rejecting all of it.

>If I make some stupid post appealing to emotion then I'll convince you!

OP is dyel, don't fall for the bait

When i was dyel i thought not playing games was in accord with getting Veeky Forums

Now that i'm actually Veeky Forums there is nothing more glorious than playing Attila Total War after workouts

eat shit OP

>Total War
My nigga

>tfw won't have internet or PC till next month cuz I'm moving

Fuck you OP I've been getting fit, and still play vydia

social interaction
yes it's not in person but we have voice chat, that's a big step closer to being in person than what you get in this place

>I fucking _ schizo. Please _ stop _ .
things that make you go "hmm"

>Not breaking Gym and MMR PR's

these. if I could manage to quit either vidya or Veeky Forums, the choice would be easy. video games are far more rewarding than this hellhole.

You didn't kick your addiction for long enough and you literally sat on your ass doing nothing instead, expecting your life to suddenly become interesting. No fucking shit that you felt better again after indulging in your addiction again. You're living in denial, my friend.

>implying I sat around in my house
You're retarded. Vidya releases stress that I have absolutely nowhere else to release.
It's also mentally stimulating.
You're the one living in denial if you think this is a bad thing.

>From your physique, to your strength, to your social skills, to your financial income. You want to get better.

No, this is a board dedicated to PHYSICAL fitness. All that spiritual guru shit can go straight back to the manosphere, self-help guru cesspool where it belongs. I expect your next post to be talking about why I should buy your supplement.

Not everyone enjoys the same things. There are plenty of people who think you're a faggot if you exercise. I know, I've met them, they tell me as such. But I brush them off too. I tell them to enjoy heart disease and diabetes. To you I say, go enjoy your ultimately empty pursuits anyway that serve little purpose. And I'll enjoy mine.

>And why are you wasting your social skills by isolating yourself from the world and/or associating with racist, homophobic, sexist, angry teenagers that shout slurs into the microphone or text chat ?

Guy that's what makes video games entertaining at all. If everyone was some straight shooter and only focused on the game, it would be extremely boring. Also if they were PC moralizing jackasses like you it would be extremely boring.

>implying
My full STR build in SMT Nocturne got my pumped when I completely overpowered a boss ,and I ended up having a fantastic workout after. I wasn't even really feeling it before that 30 minute play session.

Also, this is bait. I just wanted to blogpost a bit.

It's something I enjoy and have enjoyed since childhood that doesn't take away from lifting as well as the responsibilities I have in real life. I'll keep playing my games, working my job, enjoying life and making gains. Thx tho senpai

Work to live, don't live to work.

i play overshit professionally and make about $60k per year before tournament winnings, my housing is paid for but i play at least 10hrs a day.

i love competing but the lack of time is kind of brutal. hopefully this shit gets big and itll be monetarily worth it.

the fact that this is a thing now astounds me.

For the past half year I really only played video games when my friends hit me up to get online. Known em for year,always have a ton of fun and it's becoming less regular unfortunately.

Aside from that, lifting has helped to make me not find games fun anymore. I'd literally rather be walking circles in my neighborhood. Recently, though, I started up WoW again. Something about it, I dip in a few times a week just to quest some and a little pvp and keep up with the story I invested a decade of my attention too, on and off anyway. I think it's only a matter of time where I have to force myself to log in anyway, too depressed to not be doing exercise in my free time.