10/22 Link Activity Update

Hi everyone,

Starting today, I'll be publishing these updates on Medium, which allows for more length and formatting options. I'll still be here to answer questions and reply to comments.

medium.com/@CryptoTakeoff/link-9-22-status-update-71809f5b631d

No big changes today, though, except that Binance lost almost 2 more million tokens but retains almost all the volume. This means sharper price changes and more price control for the whales holding tokens there.

Two more things:
1. I'll always sign my update posts as CryptoTakeoff. Be careful of phishing links.
2. If you share this content, make sure you include my contact info. I've seen my status updates pasted on Slack, Telegram and Reddit without any attribution. Please respect the time I'm putting into this or I'll stop sharing the information publicly.

Thanks.

Twitter.com/cryptotakeoff
[email protected]
ETH: 0x00bBa03Ed7B3cE9F1efDFc9945a95AF6ED42A577
BTC: 32VqiE9gYYaL3k8KTkaKfi41AdNENPRKLD

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0xedb41c28b2db3d676f4f4dbf9f820cb286e9bdbf#tokentxns
etherscan.io/tokentxns?a=0x3f5ce5fbfe3e9af3971dd833d26ba9b5c936f0be&p=897
pastebin.com/6xcsc2jR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for the updates - looks like you titled your Medium post 9/22 update when it should be 10/22.

Thanks, I just updated it. The link remains the same.

My man. Thanks.

If the total supply wasnt a retarded number this wouldve mooned today. Pretty hard.

:)

Why today?

Genuine question. Has someone already donated anything to you or is everyone on Veeky Forums pajeet cheapskates?

inb4 faggit screencaps your post and posts it there

I hate faggit with every atom of my being. If I ever rise to power, I will get the address of every redditor and throw them in a giant incinerator.

Reddit is perfect for subtle shitposting though.

Another thing to do that's always funny is make a typical reddit meme joke. Become top comment and then edit your comment to say something subtle trolling or against the Reddit narrative and immediately you'll have your inbox filled with (You)s

One guy donated 10 Link. That was it.

If I recoup my losses after getting burnt from yesterday (motherfucker suddenly went up 4800 for no reason after lingering in the 3k range for a while) I'll send some your way. Appreciate these posts. Dunno when that will be, prolly if this dips back or if I make enough profit in this volatile 4300-4800 range. Hoping I don't get burnt like a fucker again

love link and love the updates but not sure if today's warrants a tip. I'll tip when its at 50 cents.

That's actually pretty clever. I keep getting banned everywhere I go, like when I posted the LINK swastika flag on linktrader.

I appreciate that!

I thought that screencap was funny until I noticed he had carefully cropped out my contact info and didn't even include a link to the original thread in his post. Thanks for nothing, I guess.

Hmmm...

Based user, doing God's work.

I'd definitely donate if I didn't have 20k Link stolen three weeks ago.

P R A Y
R
A
Y

Excuses, always excuses.

supply is just an arbitrary number since crypto is divisible. it's simply a choice of where to put the decimal. it has no effect on the market cap other than maybe a small psychological effect.

A big psychological efffect.

>psychological effect

sadly this is far the most important factor in crypto. i've yet to meet a person that doesn't go "hurrrr, one bitcoin is $6000, that's completely INSANO". nobody understands what market cap or coin supply mean.

what do you niggers think

I like it

Threads like these incline me to think Link is actually the real deal. Anytime people start doing this level of research and have generals about it I feel like it's legit.

I'm not putting a red fucking cent into it but I wish you all the best.

Thanks

Probably a retard question but I've already abandoned ship on 80% of my LINK. How do I transfer my Eth out of Etherdelta? It's like the most convoluted site I've seen.

Do I just use the transfer button and place the receiving ETH address on it and press send?

Thanks. I hold some Link and have a background in business analysis, so I thought I'd do some proper research.

You move it to your wallet, the same one you moved it to ED from. You can transfer a small quantity first, then the rest once you see the first transaction cleared without trouble. Sorry I cannot be more specific. I'm sure someone's written a tutorial or created a video explaining it. Google it.

ED definitely takes some using to.

seeing the binance wallet address drop everyday is really interesting. however i looked at my transaction to deposit LINK onto my binance wallet address and its still sitting in that wallet even though ive sold and withdrew now.

so i believe binance has more LINK than this main wallet. once it drops to low, i think there will be a sweep of all the individual wallets to the main one.

So what are your thoughts on Link? Does it hold up to scrutiny? Is it all that and a bag of chips?

>seeing the binance wallet address drop everyday is really interesting.
why is this happening?

Do you mind posting your address?

Most people who follow Link are convinced there's massive price manipulation in Binance. Why trade? Best to withdraw your tokens and hold.

Because more and more people are becoming aware that Binance is manipulating the price to hell and back.
Or at least people on binance are.

So everyone decides to pull out of Binance.

iirc the amount of LINK on Etherdelta has been rising at the same time, and Etherdelta now holds more LINK than Binance (but a lot less trading volume).

If Link ever hits $10 I will give you 100 link.

I also took all my LINK from my binance account and into MEW.
but not because of the price manipulation but because its a chink exchange that might be unreliable.

>and Etherdelta now holds more LINK than Binance (but a lot less trading volume).
so people hodl it in Etherdelta but are not trading it?

To you maybe. Marketcap is all that counts for me. You must be a literal brainlet

>so people hodl it in Etherdelta but are not trading it?
Seems so.

nice selfie

is the price different for LINK on Etherdelta compared to Binance?
is there a major difference between the two exchanges?

what happens to LINK when too many people Hodl?

more volatility

Good shit OP, keep up the good work.

You can send them now and I'll hold.

Anyway, what would the Link market cap be at that price?

Yep, they hold in Etherdelta, a really bad idea.

Thanks!
There are gaps, which arbitrage bots profit from.

shut the fuck up about that, dude.

with how much you haphazardly work that into so many of your Veeky Forums comments, I could only imagine how insufferable you are in real life...

"Can you believe what happened is Las Ve-"

"YOU THINK THATS BAD TRY LOOSING 20K LINK 37 WEEKS A..."

"wtf is he on about his computer credits again, cheryl someone needs to speak to the boy"

Binance currently has about 94% of the trading volume for Link versus 3% on both ED and Mercatox respectively. For this reason it's not a stretch to say that whales on binance are capable of keeping price pretty disconnected from reality. As the other user mentioned there are gaps between the two. Need to quit being a lazy faggot and transfer my bags onto MEW right now.

I think you have mental problems. I haven't mentioned this in weeks.

fuck how can anyone do this after the whole MtGox shitshow?

interesting

>Binance currently has about 94% of the trading volume for Link
how did this happen?
how binance got so much LINK?

not gonna post my exact address, but if you just go through transactions withdrawing LINK from binance, check that addresses history if it looks like they deposited. for example this address is probably an individual binance address
etherscan.io/address/0xedb41c28b2db3d676f4f4dbf9f820cb286e9bdbf#tokentxns

It's a big exchange, much easier to use than ED. Also, a single whale moved 4.6 million tokens there to trade.

Regarding MtGox, I think most people getting into crypto now never heard of it.

heres example of how they do mass sweep to fill the main address for withdrawals
etherscan.io/tokentxns?a=0x3f5ce5fbfe3e9af3971dd833d26ba9b5c936f0be&p=897

>reddit spacing
You're just as obnoxious.

Where do you get your information and/or what is it that you research when gathering your information?

All I see in that address is that the money comes from an arbitrage bot that trades ED/Binance gaps.

Don't know what that page means. Are you saying Binance has many small wallets and only move the money to the main wallet for withdrawal?

In that case, why does the main wallet over $60M in tokens?

is there a specific reason why LINK is only available at those places?

how profitable is that for him?

Etherscan, mainly.

did that a couple days ago, but with that nano ledger thing. Has anyone had a bad experience with one of those?

To put it in perspective, it's 94% of the volume but the total volume being traded right now is only 4.7MM. Since this user noted that a whale moved some huge bags there to trade, it's possible that the bulk of that volume is just a whale trading his stack around. I didn't pay attention to the exact volume numbers we saw just days after ICO when this first hit ED and Binance but I recall that it was an explosive amount compared to what we're seeing currently.

We all want it to be in more exchanges. That takes time.

So you basically just monitor the different addresses that have done most of the trading?

im just curious of your process and all that jazz

If you'd like you can use any of the info I've compiled here >> pastebin.com/6xcsc2jR Good luck getting donations though.

yes shows how it works with the individual wallets even better. LINK gets deposited there and sits, but withdrawals are taken from the pool in the main address.

yes i believe so. but not sure on the specifics of why. just look at the main binance wallet and youll see all the outgoing LINK withdrawals but rarely incoming aka deposits

I monitor the top 50 whales one by one. Also look at the percentage held by the top 25/50/100/250/500 whales. Look at the volume on Binance and ED, as well as how many tokens they have in their wallets. Also check for big quantities leaving the exchanges and the number of new wallets created.

It takes time.

>Link update
>nothing..
>Send BTC!

I know, right?

would that actually make a big difference? like if tomorrow it comes to one more exchange.
would one exchange more change things?

Yes, the Binance wallet is for withdrawins only. Still, it's the best info I've got and the evolution in the number of tokens it holds is a good indicator no matter what.

Your research is interesting, thanks!

A big one would bring volume and new buyers. Take power away from the Binance bots, too.

and why the fuck is he not doing anything?

It's something that newfags like to think that supply-demand bullshit applies to crypto.
So welcome to Veeky Forums newfag.

Wait for the next announcement to come and you'll see a hundred threads praising Sergey to the heavens.

Thanks for your contribution.

>supply is just an arbitrary number since crypto is divisible. it's simply a choice of where to put the decimal.
right! thats why digibyte, siacoin and ripple are all several hundred dollers per coin. oh...wait...

>go all in at 10k
>sell at 3.5k

Not even meming. Should I just bite the bullet and buy back in at another 50% loss or will it dip back down tonight?

Nobody knows. If you believe in the project you should buy

You're doing good work man

Just subscribed
When i make enough I'll be donating for sure

retard

I know the feeling man, I write up doc's for Veeky Forums and I never seen anything nobody wants to buy info anymore.

Thanks!

Get on a bigger platform and build a reputation. This morning I posted the Link status piece on Medium and it has over 400 views already.

Trying to get onto Steemit, but my email hasn't come in. They seem to eat up infoposts about crypto, but I don't know if they'd pay up in anything but shitty steem dollars.

Medium is an option, maybe twitter too,

I'm not a Steemit fan.