Cold showers prevent flu

Dudes, i have a cold and i fucking hate it. Do you think it is a good idea to take a cold shower? I will perhaps cut my cold.
Also, since i hate this, do you think it is a good idea to take them to prevent future colds?
Any experiences?

noooo user, you'll get 2.2x as sick

Don't take a cold shower while you're sick. It inhibits your immune system.

No lol, they'll make you sick more often.

My steps to fix cold:
-10 hrs sleep
-3000mg vitamin c daily
-shitload of fluids
-stay warm, don't exert yourself
-no symptom suppressors (advil, tylenol, etc)

Cold gone in 2 days max.

It's that season, like 30 people at work including my self have a cold. Just take it easy and baby yourself. Lots of vitamins and water, no unnecessary shit. Stay inside and rest and it'll go away.

everything sounds great

except for the vitamin c shit, i have doubts whether that actually helps

Might be superstition/placebo, idk. My mum was always all about that and it seems to work. Vit C is cheap anyway.

I did the cold shower meme.
Still got sick.
Just got really good at tolerating cold.

Here's something that will help you:

>The water from pickles
>Honey
>Garlic
>Onion
>Ginger
>Lemon Juice

Put in a bowl and mash that shit, then try to drink in small sips. Doesn't have to be a lot of everything. Also pinch your nose while you're drinking it so you don't throw it up, tastes disgusting. But I can promise you it helps-

vitamin c does help for the retard saying it doesn't .On that note: If you take iron supplements at all (mostly applies to women here) either take it with vitamin c or orange juice or its like taking an empty pill. Your body won't absorb it without vitamin c and i think that might apply to other supplements as well fyi so there's your reason to take it.

Yeah it doesn't really matter. Colds always run their course in about a week. All the crap you supplement yourself with doesn't speed up shit to any measurable degree

I get sick about once a year, usually for 2-3 days. Clearly I'm doing something right.

Or immune system is lolgenetics, but still.

Thanks KEK

PRAISE HIS NAME

IN KEK I TRUST

>Honey
>Garlic
>Onion
>Ginger
>Lemon Juice

I agree, but the pickle water, why?

I would assume electrolytes

like in coconut water?

No idea lol

I think switching the pickle water for coconut water would be a good idea

Do cold showers everyday while you are not sick and it will reduce how often you get sick

Vitamin C has never been shown to improve immune system function or shorten the length of your cold. It is a persistent meme. Zinc has, but it's really not a huge difference.

Stop asking Veeky Forums for medical advice, you fucking retards

>trigger discipline
Ree ree etc. etc.

>Do you think it is a good idea to take a cold shower? I will perhaps cut my cold.
What kind of retarded trolling IS this!?

NO, TAKING A COLD SHOWER WHEN YOU ARE SICK WILL NOT MAKE YOU 'GET OVER' IT FASTER, YOU WILL BE SICKER, LONGER!

Seriously how fucking DUMB are you people!?

are those hips real? my god.

[citation needed]

Read about hydrotherapy. Take hot baths when you have a cold, and when you don't, take cold ones. I like to think of cold showers as immune system training. It's also good for testosterone and makes you feel great.

Source your claims, faggot

drink ice water with cut cucumbers innit