Eat less

>How do I gain muscle?
Lift and eat more

>What? I don't get it? Explain?
Read the goddamn sticky.

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/112056-cocoa-powder-nutrition-information/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I work the mother fucking night shift, 10pm-7am. Usually sleep by 730am.

Obviously, go to gym before work, easy. I'm just devoid of energy though, all the time. I can stim with coffee or whatever but that's not gonna help.

I have blackout curtains and get decentish sleep, but I'm just tired and end up napping around 8-10 before work. How the fuck can I into energy? I just feel like I have none, even with the sleep I get, because I'm up all night.

Any sleep doctors?

what do i do about my crippling body dysmorphia and warped image of myself?
this is my first time posting here in months and i still realized that the dysmorphia does not go away. i feel tiny all the time, my lifts feel pathetic, i get envious and jealous of other people that have more than i do even though i am a very consistent lifter and have been at it for close to a year soon. my stats feel like shit, everything feels like shit.
i just want to be near tiny chimp mode.
when will i end puberty?
im almost 20, and everything about me looks and feels like im 16. i hate being a late bloomer (inb4 youre just telling that to yourself goyim youre actually done!1)
sorry

> I'm just devoid of energy though, all the time.

That sounds more like a diet issue or Vitamin D deficiency. How much sun do you usually get?

May sound dumb, but when people talk about being able to do 1,2,3,4 or 2,3,4,5 etc. are they talking about 1RM or for reps?

post pic, what are your goals?

my goal as of right now.
lift goals are 1/2/3/4
stats are
6'0
~180
BP 176 3x6
Squat 226 3xF
DL 325x1
OHP 120x1 (had to stop because of shoulder issue)

What does Veeky Forums have with its oats when bananas have gone out of season?

Also, Veeky Forums opinion on cabbage/lettuce? I don't know if they're legit or just fag food.

quoted wrong poster

Well it's winter and I work nights, so it's close to 0. I've been putting milk on my coffee and drinking at least 2 cups a day though, hopefully I don't need to resort to the actual vitamins.

How long before it helps?

>I've been putting milk on my coffee and drinking at least 2 cups a day though

You need vitamin D son

1rm, but it doesn't really matter. It's an arbitrary term. Just make sure that you switch to an intermediate program when you know you're intermediate.

For me, it was when I noticed that if I train the same body part every second day (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday), it was too much and my lifts didn't grow. This is probably when you're already past beginner stage.

Like the other user, I would honestly say it sounds like you have Vitamin D deficiency. It's cheap enough to pick up, get a bottle and start taking it. You should feel the full effects within a week.

If that's you user you honestly look fantastic and have nothing to worry about. You're already above the the 50 percentile of good-looking bodies.

Don't worry so much about size, instead focus on what's ahead of you.

Or if you're a huge faggot just get on gear and leave humanity behind.

Is there anything I can physically do to prevent performance anxiety? In other words, is performance anxiety purely mental or hormonal?

I meant to imply 2 cups of milk a day, not just coffee, but I'll bite the bullet and just take the pills.

Not me, that's tinychimp (my short(kek) term goal).
I still look dyel my man

So about sleep, I'm very aware that we're supposed to sleep 6-8h every night.

Over the past few days I've worked 12 hours, heavy work standing up, slept 5 hours and then another 10 hours heavy work.

Now I really want to go to the gym tonight, but I know I'll only get 5 hours sleep tonight.

Will my body actually be able to recuperate with that much work and little sleep making it not worth it working out?

I had sex after long time and my glutes and abductors are fucking destroyed.

Should I take the point that I need to improve in that area or is it normal since it is a "new" stimulus?

It was 300g before cooked and 220g after cooked

Did I count my steak calories right?
Which one do I use when counting calories?
300g sirloin or 220g?

Yes. Long sleep is about optimizing gains, not enabling them in the first place. You'll do better than if you didn't work out.

After cooking should be the right one, because you lose a lot of liquid in the meat, so what's left is the net weight of the meat.

Before, raw food is more easily measured.

Thanks brah.

You guys think 2.4k cals is a good cutting amount for 5'11 197lbs 25% BF? Cardio at least 1200 cals a week and do full body every other day.

well, I can't say you look good or bad without a pic. Maybe sharing your progress would help us determine if you've hit a snag?

that liquid is just water, hardly any calories are lost.

>2400 calories
>cutting
>25% BF

Jesus christ NO. Fucking have a deficit from your sedentary TDEE.

what was and >39999999 and why were they gone so quickly?

relaxed, no pump
bulking since i started lifting, was a skelly before

just make sure you cut before you hit 20%, looking good so far.

Yes, but that's the point. If you weigh a steak and it's 300g before cooking, and its supposed t obe 20g protein per 100g or whatever, then you will assume it's 60g protein in the steak.

But after cooking it's only 250g, so the protein in the steak would then be 50g.

I could be wrong here though

You are wrong, nutrition is measured for raw meat only, it's never measured cooked.

Besides I would imagine if you did a test you'd find that the actual macro differences would be almost indistinguishable, maybe a grand total of 10-15 cal.

What works the best; DB shrugs or BB shrugs?

Kettle ball in my opinion (If your talking about Shoulder Shrugs)

what is a decent first pre-workout (no creatine because muh hair)?

BB shrugs, double overhead with straps, do one heavy ass long ass dropset with small drops for MAXIMAL TRAP GAINS. None of that 3 plate 2 plate 1 plate shit.

I'm having a difficulty reaching my 1g protein per pound. Is protein powder the only answer to fulfill last 30-40g?

I live in Japan, and meat/poultry are expensive as fuck. I'd be living in ramen noodles if I were to get those chikin breasts everyday.

db shrugs are kind of shit because you want your arms to be as vertical as possible and your body gets in the way with those wide ass clunky dumbbells. if you're doing neutral grip shrugs, using plates and holding a pause at the top with strict form is good because they're skinny compared to dbs

1g/lb isn't correct

its 1g/lb of LEAN mass

if you can't be fucked calculating an estimate of your bodyfat, 0.8 g protein per pound will work too

200-400 mg caffeine if you lift in the AM and can tolerate it

9g 2:1 citrulline malate

I've been drinking coffee (around 200mg caffeine) and I've been getting diminishing returns, not even sure it works anymore.
I lift around 5ish, after being up at 6:30 for class. Would like a nice stim or something, but I'll see. thx

yeah you have to take days off. i only use coffee 2-3x per week for this reason. the citrulline is great tho

Not a huge fan of pills/supplements like that, only rarely would I take fish oil/vit D. Although I guess everything out there is modified trash.

>wants preworkout
>supplements are trash

???

I'm more skeptical about fish oil and vitamin D than most (prefer to just eat whole fish and get sunlight in the warm months), but that is some strange reasoning

Recently injured my knee and cant do shit for legs, is a 3/2 upper cardio split fine to run until i recover?

Supplements as in all that extra shit that people take.
Creatine/fat burners/other shit made in labs
I think pre-workout isn't the best and I would like to avoid it, but I need an extra boost that I can't get with an extra nap, etc.

yes

i just wouldn't recommend stimming out that late in the day, impacts sleep too heavily.

Well that's the thing, I can lift around 2-3ish, it's just that I usually take a nap after class since I'm so exhausted. Perhaps with the stims I wouldn't be as tired.

Ah gotcha. Well in that case see if you can get your hands on any preworkout with DMAA in it.

Hey guys, I have a question regarding flies.

Whenever I do them, I feel more pressure or squeeze on the front of the shoulder, with only a slight effect on actual chest.

I've attempted slowing the motion to see if it makes a difference. Going down is when I feel it most in my chest, and returning to the up position, even when "squeezing" with the chest, is when I feel more in my front delts. I have also adjusted arm position to be both more overhead and more towards my midsection, and noticed no major differences.

When doing flies, where do you feel the most tension? Any tips as to how I can utilize chest more in this exercise?

How's mesomorph? I've heard people talk positively about it, not sure if it's too strong for a first timer.

no idea i've only tried straight up dmaa powder, but yeah heard lots of good things about mesomorph

the top of the movement is a waste for flies, shorten the range of motion so that the end position of the humerus is short of perpendicular to the floor

also keep your shoulder in external rotation

stop drinking coffee. Coffee is same like eating nutella and drinking alchohol. You are stressing your heart for HOURS digesting absolute zero nutrition SHIT for your body. Stop drinking coffee now.

What calorie counting apps do you guys recommend, besides myfitnesspal? Turns out the one I use right now is really unpopular so they're getting rid of the app in like a month, and idk what else to use. I dont like the layout of mfp but I'll use it if theres literally nothing else worthwhile

what do you recommend mr magi

Nobody listen to this underage retard

by a juicer and blend grapefruit instead of drinking coffee.

coffee has lots of antioxidants, and small amounts of potassium and magnesium

coffee is correlated with higher longevity in moderation

thanks for your concern

cronometer

>t. coffee addict
Look man I know coffee is arguably more addicting then heroin but come on now.

antidioxadants are a meme. Drink 4 cups of water before any meal and woahla you detoxed yourself. Potassium and magnesium you can find in anything green or nuts. Looks like you fell hard for the coffee industry because it is a HUGE money maker.

Look up the raw weight nutrition.

Probably. Your TDEE is likely around 2,800-2,900.

4000000000 was "niggers". Idk about 399999.

Creatine is not a PWO. 200 mg is a good start, cheap as fuck. Effective.

The ONLY answer? No. A cheap and easy answer? Sure.

i'm okay with falling for it, because it costs me less than 2 dollars a day and i enjoy it. i don't know why you feel so strongly, there are much worse scams being pulled off than big coffee.

For people who started from zero doing SS or SL method, did you follow the program exactly, or did you add in additional lifts? What did you do? And general thoughts after sticking to the program?

because coffee is a huge addictant and there are alternative that are healthier for you like milk and cocao powder somewhat has that coffee taste. livestrong.com/article/112056-cocoa-powder-nutrition-information/

There's coffee and then there's whipped cream chocolate fuck powder with a hint of cacao in it.

everyone's addicted to something, brother. hot chocolate might have more nutrition but i don't do great with dairy and it's linked to cancer anyway.

livestrong is an okay source of information but you need to dig deeper than that to convince me

If I'm concerned with knee health, is atg or parallel better? I've heard mixed answers from multiple sources.

fatass here, cutting calories but realizing I still cook a lot of meals with rice and potatoes and stuff. I've cut out everything that isn't water or the occassional tea / sugar free Red Bull and created a 1k calorie deficit so i should be on track for losing 2 lb/wk for now, I think.

I heard carbs are for bulking, what the fuck do I eat instead of rice with my chicken?

usual dinner since I don't get burnt on things is white skineless chicken breast with minor seasonings brined for a bit, then pan fried in olive oil with peas, carrots, sometimes potatoes in tikka masala or yellow curry, served over rice.

as far as breakfast goes I usually eat a whole grain fruit bar type thing or a protein bar. lunch is usually a lettuce wrap from my work with beef, turkey, lettuce (fucking duh), onions, red peppers and vinaigrette.

can anybody here recomend any hobbies that are either free or extremely cheap? i already play guitar and was thinking of learning a language or something

also how do i increase my squat? any good programs?

5'10, 70kg, squat 140kg for 1 lifted for 3 years took last year off because injury

take up digital art or something, get a wacom tablet for like $70 and learn yourself with the internet resources

Both should be fine honestly.

it's hard to say because of variation in bone structure and mobility, but the important concept is to shift the tension onto your hips when performing the deceleration and reversal of force

rice is bad cutting food, potatoes are better but only baked no fries or chips

fibrous veggies are your friends for bulk and micronutrients

Cabbage lowers estro levels and only gert romaine lettuce

reading for sure

learn yerself a subject of interest user

Not him, but how will you know if you're shifting that tension to your hips? My squats recently have been leaving a weird feeling in my lower back on the rising portion.

Duolingo is free but only gets you so far. Books are free in libraries. I'm currently on a six months Spanish course that costs 39 €uros.

For squat my advice is to drill it. High frequency, low-ish volume. Two or three accessories, core and mobility work. Avoid failure, mix width and rep range.

Dude, night shift is the fucking worst. I was fine for about two weeks before I was just sleeping all the time.

My only advice is to get a day job.

Record your squats and post here with face blurred. Might just be a form issue

Learn to code on khan Academy or something. Really useful

How should I incorporate deadlifts into my PPL split? If I do it on pull days, I'm basically hitting lower back 4 times a week, and recently I've been having lower back pain (mostly due to form, but I'm working on it).

I can always do this more easily with atg, and feel more tension in my knees as I'm performing deceleration toward the bottom of a parallel squat. That's why I enjoy atg more but it might just be a result of my physicality

How many sets a week should you dedicated to a muscle group, like your back, for bodybuilding?

Iv been looking through different routines and they seem to be all over the place in terms of the total amount of sets you do in a week.

is pasta with cream ok for a diet?

there are only 2 gyms near me

>planet fitness
>no free weights
>10 dollars a month

>anytime fitness
>free weights
>50 (fifty) dollars a month

what the fuck do I do as a poorfag? should I just make a home gym? it would cost fucking less than only a year or two membership of anytime

Find a place you can do pullups/dips for free and then train hillsprints/plyometrics for lower body. Invest the time and money you would have spent on gymming into not being a poorfag anymore

I don't know but Eric Helms of 3dmj does

anything's okay in moderation, IIFYM

How do I warm up in the deadlift? I'm doing StrongLifts and I'm currently at 195lb for my DL. Do I start with 1pl8? How many warmup sets/reps should I do before reaching my target weight?

Anyone know a cheap weight belt I can wear under my shirt at work that won't itch all day?

do 135 for 5, 165 for 5

now you're warmed up

learn to become best friends with vegetables and leafy greens

I don't hate veggies for the most part except fucking faggot tomatoes. I love me some cauliflower and carrots and broccoli is OK as long as it isn't steamed mush. As far as leafy greens go I only really eat lettuce and sometimes spinach though.

What are some good, easy to make recipes involving those and a decent source of protein?

Is it a good idea, as a skellyfag, to bulk using Ensure© instead of any protein powder?

Thanks. And as I increase the weight, do I still just do 2 warmup sets of 5 reps, with the 2nd warmup being between 165 and the target weight?

what the fuck is ensure

Is there any coherent way to put olympic lifts into a powerlifting program/ does anyone know of a good program that does this

Drink Boost instead. Its less expensive, has a gram more protein,(even more with high protein variety if want), and has more vitamins. the chocolate one tastes real good too. Only thing ensure has that boost doesn't is those omega 3s, which is good or bad depending on what you eat.

Keep in mind that protein shakes don't substitute a good diet. Eat bagels and oatmeal + squats/deadlifts

1) Am I supposed to enjoy the taste of double rich gold standard whey with it is mixed with water? Tried some today, didn't dig it. Is it an acquired taste?

2) How can I get strong enough to do barbell rows with a 45lb plate on each side? Right now I can barely do 25lb and my form needs work. Thinking about working my way up with cable rows.

I want to workout via swimming. Does anyone have good swimming workouts, or know of resources for good swimming workouts? Thanks.

Please help bros ;_: