Can we get a thread of pleb lifts? Which means:

Can we get a thread of pleb lifts? Which means:
1. Lifts that people do just because they are able to use heavier weight with them.
OR
2. Lifts that people tend to use too much weight on.

sumo deadlift
>Can't pull much conventional so reduce the rom to make it easier

Cheat curls
>obviously

Slingshot bench
>can't lift the weight themselves so use a stretchy fabric to do it for you instead

Body convulsions aka cheat shrugs
>violently jerk your hips and back instead using your traps

Push press
>ohp is too hard so just say fuck it and use your legs

lol dyel?

kys

Don't get mad just because your bullshit is being called out

The only people who don't respect sumo deadlifts are weak faggots who are triggered when someone smaller than them pulls more than they can sumo.

Kipping Pullups aka the Magikarp of exercise moves

Low bar squat

Lanklet sumo deadlifter confirmed.

>lanklet
215lbs at 6'2, but thanks for playing

>sumo deadlift
Fuck sumo.

The only people who get triggered by sumo deadlifts are weak.

A lanklet, moron, and tripfag. Triple trouble.

>Its a skinnyfat cuck millennial talks about exercise episode

Where's my popcorn, dis gon be gud

What's wrong buddy? Did you see some skinny Asian dude half your bodyweight rep out your max deadlift 5 times with sumo?

Medfag here. gonna try to help. Cheat curls and slingshot are forms of overload, they're really not the world's best training method, but is it better to do no work at all? I'd say not. Push press (along with power cleans) is probably the best predictor of general athletic ability. I'm sorry you suck at it. Not sure what you mean by "cheat shrugs," but much of the function of the trap is to keep your scapula from violently sliding off your body towards your feet. Doing a sort of "power shrug" is a pretty good way too build the trap. It's similar to why a really heavy DL builds traps. I really doubt you're shrugging your max effort deadlifts, but I can promise you feel it in your traps.

TLDR; quality shit post man.

You think your back will be ok after doing cheat curls on a regular basis for years? Holy fuck I feel sorry for all of your future patients

Speaking of the push press I have a question hopefully someone can answer. Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.

If you can lift more doing the push press than a regular overhead press would that have any carryover to actually increasing the OHP? I've heard that powerlifters before jumping to a new weight in the squat will actually practice walking out with a weight that's over their max just so their body can get use to a much heavier weight. If you can press over 150lbs using your legs would that help at all with a much lower OHP?

What's wrong with lowbar squats?

Yeah bro, instead of improving your ohp by doing more ohp you should cheat instead.

Bench getting too hard? Get a massive slingshot band to help! The bigger the better! After all, more cheating=more weight=mor gainzzzz!

Nothing. Weak and insecure people like to find anything they can that will help them feel superior.

Did you just talk shit about the push press you little faggot

So what you're saying is overloading doesn't work and the only positive it can bring is probably mental if the person believes it can help?

May as well do kipping pull ups, why do you think crossfit is obsessed with push press? So they can pad their egos with heavier weight.

All you're stating are ways to help the main strict lifts is something you shouldn't do.

If you plateau. Don't do these things.

I supposed you shouldn't start with negatives if you can't do pull ups.

I mean it can be fun sure, but if you overload by just using muscles that have nothing to do with lift, like legs in ohp, you're not going to have much success

Of course it would help. Quantitatively though? That's harder to answer. You're still pushing a weight over head in the push press. You're just taking the part of the movement the vast majority of the people struggle with out (first 4 or so inches of it).

you're mentally ill

If someone pulls 5pl8 conventional, and someone right next to them pulls 5pl8 sumo, I am going to be more impressed with the dude pulling conventional.

I can respect a big sumo deadlift, but respect it less than the alternative.

Found the guy that some how managed to hurt his back curling.

Negative pull ups use the exact same muscles and rom as regular pull ups

The thing is though, whether you.pull more one way or the other is entirely based on your leverages and your own personal proportions. If you actually train both you may find you're significantly better at sumo or conventional because of how long your torso, arms and legs are. If you actually train both your sumo and conventional should be within 50lbs of each other.

Fact is most bigger guys are better proportioned for conventional, and most girls and smaller guys are better proportioned for sumo.