Byzantium=Rome

rome is still around it's called vatican city and its the only political entity actually descended from rome

Real roman empire coming through

Rome is a religious meme city that had more relevance after the WRE fell than it ever had during the height of Roman power.

JUST

Imagine being so buttblasted they got btfo in the venice thread that you made another thread lmaoing @ u byzaboos

>B-but muh Voltaire meme le funny three green arrows xD

literally 0 legitimacy

This is one of the most autistic and pointless topics ever, obviously it's a direct continuum of the Roman Empire but it isn't Roman 100%, go figure the culture of a group of people changes after 800 years. Who gives a fuck if it is called a roman empire or not.

>who gives a fuck
Literally everyone throughout all of european history. You could argue “we wuz Romans n shieeet” is the defining trait of every european power after them

>HRE is German,
>rulers get excommunicated a few times
>sacks ROME
>Elective succession
>Catholic
>Vassal BORDERGORE
>One emperor is English, not even German
>Habsburgs inbreed like hell
>Get dissolved by cheesy surrendering monkeys

>Byzantium is Greek
>rulers are never in communion with Rome in the first place
>Invades ROME
>Unclear succession
>/Greek/ Orthodox
>Vassals breaking off making their own realms willy-nilly
>A few Emperors are French, not even Greek
>Can't keep a stable dynasty, constantly ruled by literally whos
>Gets conquered and subdued by T*rks

>HRE is German

Indeed the official language was Latin, and its population was quite mixed. It became G*rman only after losing most of its territory in Italy and France.

Latins are the true heirs of Rome

Tbh I like the Byzantine one, it's funnier.

The roach one is funnier because that's how they react irl. Just watch one of erdoga speaches, its hilariously retarded

kek

PAY DEBT

>You are american allies
>saudicucks
Ironic.

>crowned by the Roman Pope of the Roman Catholic Church as the Roman Emperor
>no legitimacy
?

If they are the successor then doesn't that by definition mean they are not the Romans as they cant both success something and be it.

But they weren't the "successor", they were the direct, unbroken continuation

Not according to op's image, which is why I replied to his post. If you have a problem with that take it up with him.

FALLO ANCORA, DADDY DANDOLO!

lost my sides at the Chinese guy (and because it's probably true)

Byzantium and the holy roman empire can both be successors to the roman empire. There were two separate eastern and western empires after the end of the fourth century. The Roman empire is big enough to have multiple successors.

This guy knows his shit

Who gives a shit - Rome was a curse. It brought big, eastern-style tyranny to Europe and held back progress for centuries. Another run-of-the-mill Asian-style "Empire" like Egypt, China, or Persia to look all proud and produce very little of benefit for anyone except the elite.
Reminder - small city state governments in Greece gave us Western culture.
Big government Rome gave us...concrete. Yay. All their other ''''''achievements'''''' were based on Greek innovations - yes, even the engineering.
This massive State stifled creativity and it's hideous shadow infected Anatolia, Russia and Frankish lands - all of whom sought to emulate this asinine ''''glorious'''' Empire and its ways.
>inb4 Greek empires
Yes, Athens and later Alexander's legacy left big Empires too - and that was bad. Very little good was produced in the Hellenic era compared to the 5th BC. Freedom was dampened, government was too big, people too restricted. Republican Rome may have been okay - but only if they stuck to the best of Greece and not the worst.

Enrico do it again

Wow... unironically really made me think.
Good post.

Texas A&M University recently concluded a 15 year study in which Byzantiumfags have been scientifically proven to have smaller dicks than Romanfags.

Byzantium=Pile of shit

Ottomans were more Roman than Byzantines

>Ottomans were more Roman than Byzantines
this to be honest

It's good to see another fella who likes both empires

pic related: the Empress is a Byzantine Princess

>Pope should decide who gets to be Emperor
lmao christcucks

Why is everyone so strung up on imaginary titles anyway? What exists exists no matter what you call yourself

They may be imaginary. but if they carry power and authority, they were legitimate

This. Mehmet was a Caesar.

After the conquest of Constantinople, Mehmed claimed the title "Caesar" of the Roman Empire (Qayser-i Rûm), based on the assertion that Constantinople had been the seat and capital of the Roman Empire since 330 AD, and whoever possessed the Imperial capital was the ruler of the Empire.[13] The contemporary scholar George of Trebizond supported his claim.[14][15] The claim was recognized by the Eastern Orthodox Church and by the Catholic Church and most of, if not all, Western Europe."

The Ottomans carried power and authority too. That means they can claim to be Rome?

No, because they never ruled Rome itself.
And its dumb to try to label Ottomans as 'Romans' - they get much more just being something different. In fact, they were.
The same way I can't take Russia's claim to have been 'Third Rome' seriously - they never ruled Rome

The definition of the Roman Empire isn't: They own Rome.

>, based on the assertion that Constantinople had been the seat and capital of the Roman Empire since 330 AD, and whoever possessed the Imperial capital was the ruler of the Empire.

Too bad it's wrong

Roman emperors had to be proclaimed by the Roman people, the legitimate empire ended with the last Princeps.

bump

bump

tfw

>spends entire existence as the absolute bane of Rome's existence
>Destroys Rome
>"WE ARE ROMANS NOW"

Byzantines were NOT Roman.

>Unclear succesion
Just like Rome

Hiro's gonna track down every proxy you got, Mehmet.

>schismatics declared g*rmans rome
>schismatics also excommunicate g*rmans
>g*rmans abandon faith and plunge europe into hell
?

>successors

>mfw this retard actually believes this

Greek byzaboo here. I'm going to be straight. I am a cuckold, but I am also a devout greek orthodox. I believe that us greeks have contributed more to humanity than any other race, democracy, mathemathics the list goes on. But when it comes down to it, blacks are just better at fucking. Theres no shame in admitting this. There is no shame in admitting that despite the infinite intellectual and moral superiority of our greek people, black cock is just better at pleasing women.

and there is nothing wrong with it, see my picture, the reason these women in rome are turning to blacks is simply because they are not being sexually satisfied. Can you blame them? If you dont get enough to eat at home youre going to go out to eat. The only way to save the white race from miscegenation is cuckolding. My pure greek wife is my angel, the apple of my eye. And I want nothing but the best for her. So every friday she gets to have her fill of big black cock from turkey. And our relationship goes on like normal. We love each other, and plan on having a child soon. She also shares my red pilled beliefs.

Monogamy is a tool of the jew. Just give it a chance once. Its exhilarating. Theres something deeply majestic about watching a toned muscular black stud going in and out of a beautiful white woman. Try it once Veeky Forums

>>Byzantium is Greek
>roman eastern provinces always were greek
>remain greek after the split of rome
wow who would have expected that. germans were never part of the empire cunt
>>rulers are never in communion with Rome in the first place
the church of constantinople was responsible for crowning the empreror in constantinople centuries before the fall of the west cunt
>>Invades ROME
just like marius, sulla, julius caesar, etc.
>>Unclear succession
just like rome
>>/Greek/ Orthodox
orthodox and catholic became a thing long after the fall of the west cunt
>>Vassals breaking off making their own realms willy-nilly
just like rome
>>A few Emperors are French, not even Greek
only by offshoot, like Anna's husband dying
>>Can't keep a stable dynasty, constantly ruled by literally whos
just like rome
>>Gets conquered and subdued by T*rks
just like rome, except rome got by germans

>Roman emperors had to be proclaimed by the Roman people
except it was always the praetorian guard that got the man of their choosing on the throne

But user, that isn't a turkish flag

This, the Roman Empire was literally an older version of the EU

>Hiro doing anything conductive.

Aug.Heisenberg: "Byzantium is the christianised Roman state of the Greek nation (Staat und Gesellschaft des byzantinischen Reiches, Die Kultur der Gegenwart, s. 364)

Talbot Rice: "Byzantium has to be studied as a chapter of the long history of civilisation."

Ostrogorsky: (About 7th century Heraclus era) "Byzantium, although it always remained loyal to the Roman political ideals, and traditions, it is now turning into a Medieval Greek state." (History of the Byzantine state, p. 217)

Gyula Moravscik: He says that it is preferable to talk about Greekology rather than Byzantinology (Byzantion, Vol.25 (1965) p. 291-301)

N. Svoronos: "I never manage to find the difference between Byzantium and modern Hellenism" (The method of history, p. 104)

P.Lemerle: He writes about "Greek middle ages" (First Byzantin humanism, p.52)
for the "Hellenization of the Empire" (p.71) and "Greek christianity" (p.279) for "the Greeks of the Byzantium" (p.284) and the "third Hellenism, the Hellenism of Byzantium" (p.285)

Karl Marx refers to the "Greek patriotism" of the Kingd of Nicaia and he calls the emperors of Constantinople as Greek emperors ( Article of New York Daily Tribune 12/8/1853 London 29/7/1853)

Sture Linner: "The Byzantines... were always conscious of their Greek past" (History of the Byzantine civilisation, p. 219)

Kurt Weitzmann. He writes about "The Greek blood in the veins of the Byzantines" (Greek mythology in Byzantine Art, p.207)

N. David: The Byzantine empire "in 6th century was more Greek than Roman" (p.23) and that Byzantine civilisation is a Greek spiritual world (p. 147 in the evolution of the middle ages).

>Although the Empire to its dying day called itself Roman, nearly all Latin elements had disappeared from it except Roman law. (Age of faith-will durant)

And they got rejected multiple times, the military and praetorian guard were a substitute of the senatorial oligarchy of the past but they fundamentally were 'Roman'. The title was bestowed by many parties, not simply handed down.

Reminder that Finland is the true heir to the Roman Empire

cool pic, except for the meme ending

never let the venetians take back the narrative. remind them daily that they're nothing more than backstabbing swampniggers, and this is completely separate from any mention of the byzantines

>substitute of senitorial oligarchy of the past
Youre grasping at straws

I want to invade her panty.