Mental Health Thread

I'm worried that as much as user's body is growing his mental health is degenerating. We are pretty neurotic. What can we do for mental health gains? For me I like to go outside and exercise in the sun and in the ocean, it helps a lot.

>What can we do for mental health gains?

Watch Frank Yang videos

>>What can we do for mental health gains?
eat healthy and continue to try to keep friends from an hero-ing.

>Regular exercise
>Regular sunshine
>Regular social interaction with peers
>Good diet
>Good sleep
>Good management of stress

= Good mental health

>Regular exercise
Checked(barely)
>Regular sunshine
Nope
>Regular social interaction with peers
haha no
>Good diet
I wish
>Good sleep
Check
>Good management of stress
Not in a million years

I want to kill myself.

That being said, meditation (or certain drugs if you want to take a shortcut) can help you better understand yourself and ho your mind works.

So now I know why I want to kill myself.

>bedwetter until the age of 10
>beat and strangled cats until the age of 18
>attention seeking personality until high school
>realize how horrible I am, become depressed and introverted
>remain depressed until the age of 25, but manage to have two relationships and keep ~10 close friends
>start studying at an university
>become distracted from my depression
>get laid, get lots of new friends, become almost popular
>notice that my attention seeking side has become more dominant
>fantasize about killing women and a very elaborate modus operandi

>on holidays I went to the house of a beautiful girl I used to work with
>just wanted to catch a glimpse of her changing clothes or doing something that's intimate
>did this a couple of times, but never got the courage to go in her yard all the way in fear of getting caught

>when I am home I just lie in bed and of lately I have been fantasizing about suicide

What is wrong with me?
I'm definitely not a sociopath. I love my siblings and my niece. I am possibly bipolar.
Could I have dissociative identity disorder?
I don't know if I want to go to a psychiatrist.

Is it cuz ur gay, user? It's OK to be gay; just don't make it your whole identity/parade it around in front of everybody and call anyone who doesn't actively participate a "homophobe".

All this shit is being discussed in the current sad until thread. Get the guck out of herected with this bullshit

It's the opposite. As I got more fit, my mental health has only gotten much better. I'm basically a cardio fiend now, it really works for me.

>Mental Health Thread
>What can we do for mental health gains?
I don't know but you're in the wrong place

Institutionalized mental health is a meme

Then stop complaining. If you know the treatment for depression and simply refuse to follow it then you're simply choosing to be depressed by lack of discipline.

You don't get your cake and eat it too

>I'm definitely not a sociopath
that's where you're wrong, beating and strangling cats until you're 18? making any effort to stalk and fantasize about killing women? dude you're fucked, seek help asap

meditation

Faggot. Also, bedwetting is no longer considered a sign of future serial killers.

A part of me feels remorse.

>bedwetting is no longer considered a sign of future serial killers.
Only an armchair psychiatrist would deny the correlation between childhood abuse and enuresis. You read about the Macdonald triad and think you are hot shit.

I made an appointment to get a diagnosis. I will see in a week if I have depression.

King krule!

i was wetting the bed and physically abused up until i was a teen. other than depressed Im not spree killing people in my adulthood

I hope you die a gruesome death. The world would be a greater place if it were rid of fuckers like you. Also hope the same happens to your family, too.

>live where it's always cloudy in the winter

part of you? no really go to shrink, my guy and jump on pills he prescribes you if any

Do antidepressants affect gains in any way?

some of them make you gain weight

actually pretty good for bulking in a way

Prioritize mental health over that. I've not had issues with any weight gain aside from some antipsychotic I took in small doses that was supposed to help stabilize my mood swings. I'd rather take my time finding a healthy medicinal balance and gain a little weight in the process rather than fucking my life up and killing myself

Just think of it this way: unintentional weight gain is a lot easier to fix than some mistakes you can make when mentally and emotionally unstable

So in theory i could just do more cardio to counter it? Or just eat a little less than i normally would

That and if you're gaining weight, talk to your prescriber about it. They should work with you to find something that works. I don't think you should stay on meds that make you gain weight, but IF those were the only ones that worked, it'd be best to compensate with cardio and/or less calories, but probably cardio