Martial arts

What do do think the best combo of fighting is the best to learn?

Also what kind of lifts will help you in this martial art?

muy thai
judo or greco-roman
brazillian jiu jitsu

lots of running and swimming and stretching, with occasional strength lifts, focus on your legs and core.

Tkd, boxing

Wrestling

Bjj obv. Or Sambo but I'm not Russian

Sage Northcutt is ultimate life goals
>same age as me
>goes to Texas A&M, bery smrt
>fights in UFC
>physique competitor
>rides dirt bike
>proud christian

It's like this dude was made in a lab to be the perfect Aryan male specimen

His ground game is shit though, but yeah nigga has god tier genetics.

And he's so polite that its almost weird.

To answer OP's question though :

Take one ground game- centered class
>judo, jiu jitzu

And one striking class
>boxing

And you'll be good. Don't worry about learning how to throw head kicks, aim most of your kicks at the opponents hsins/ knee/ midsection, and learn how to throw a proper elbow/ knee, and you'll be above 90% of the population'a fighting skills

However 90% of a fight is the mentality, not skills. You can drill all day, but you don't really know how you're gonna react until you get punched in the mouth for the first time. I've been in a handful of fights and whooped several dudes asses and gotten my own ass kicked several times, it's always been a matter of attitude / mindset to determine the victor

What kind of lifts do you do? I want to get into bjj/judo, so should I just try out power lifting with cardio?

>Wrestling
This.
Wrestling is the best fighting style in any situation.

>You can drill all day, but you don't really know how you're gonna react until you get punched in the mouth for the first time.

this tbqh famalam.

the best fighters are chill af because if you don't think you do stupid shit unless you're a Tyson sort of mutant running off tard anger/strength

>proud Christian cuck

> being a bro who rides dirt bikes

all my fights have been bar fights lol. Train for cardio, hella running/ stairs/ high rep lifting with little rest between sets.

If you have this skill set :
>endurance
>the ability to throw a punch (properly)
>the ability to take a punch (mindset)

You will win most fights you get into. You ever watch discovery channel? Apex predators like wolves/ gorillas / lions/ rarely ever get into an actual fight... it's usually whoever can scare the other one first. Humans are the same way. Fights are won before they start. You cannot have fear, and you must make your opponent fear you. They'll get nervous and fuck up, then that's when you pounce.

How to make someone fear you
>deep, loud voice at beginning of fight
>say something like "LETS FUCKIN GO THEN" when you know a fight is unavoidable. Sounds dumb and it is, but it's good enough to work
>shove them (this usually results in them throwing a punch in return so be ready)

The scene in fight club where they all go out and pick fights with strangers is a GREAT way to learn how to fight DESU. Go get into a fight at some college campus or bar. Know what it feels like to get hit. Learn when the tipping point of "arguing" turns into "fighting". Learn how to keep your fear in line. It's super fun once you get used to it!

Youve obviously never been on a dirt bike... fag

And being an outspoken christian is the most alpha thing you can do in this world full of Jewery and atheism and sin.

Depends on what you're learning it for.

Wrestling/boxing/judo is best for day to day street situations.

BJJ/judo/etc are better for competitions.

Atheistism is the bright future for humanity

I'll concede with you on dirt bikes . Might be cool to do as a hobby but the whole bro metal militia srh dirt bike culture is gay and cringey

boxing and kick boxing.

also maybe chinese boxing

lmao a buddy of mine does bjj. He would always whisper satanic shit in peoples ears every time he would took someone down.

>pudgy little faggot tries to sneak his /asp/ bullshit into Veeky Forums by posting a roid monkey

nice try retard. fuck off and get reported.

Dirt bikes are great but being a christian in 2017 is a sign of

>low key noncing
>cuck / virgin
>impossibly boring

As for fights... lol guys do this shit for fun not for your jason bourne fantasies.

>perfect Aryan male specimen
>lost against this guy
Pick one

Atheism is a black hole of nihilism. The modern Atheist movement has shown that a so called 'lack of belief' quickly coalesces into a fundamentalist hatred for religion. The ideal next step for religious thought is a Gnostic religion (god the creator of the universe/the universe itself, and God the creator of god and the source of all being) that is based upon greek ideas of virtue and excellence mixed with Christian ideas of unity.

Seriously, atheism is an unstable vacuum that gets filled rapidly by another belief system. Hopefully it'll be something positive and not communism.

Read the rebel bro

I wrestled from 7th grade to senior year and been in about 10 fights through that time. Didn't lose any of them, once the fight takes to the ground it just gets ridiculously easy. These fights were with people that had little to no fighting experience probably though.

>martial
>arts

Learned judo since 8, bjj since 12, then got fat, took up muay thai to cardio & get abz 4da grillz at 16.
Currently 22, black belt in both martial arts and 7-0 in amateur local mma comps

>tfw dream is to become a succesful mma fighter but too afraid to roid and have the personality of a stale cheesecake

>lol read this book bro because I agree with it 100% but can't explain its thesis for you.
>Camus, of all fucking people

Existentialism is a dead end

>be sage
>dad is a roidmonkey gymbro
>mom a nutrionist expert
>be trained in martial arts since he can walk
>be fed the best nutrition/food an upper-high mid class white family can get
>shitloads of roids
>lift in the best facility surrounded by world class coach
>end up as 5'11 manlet getting his ass beat by skinnyfat bearded numales and dadbod beaners

Yeah truly an aryan god indeed top fucking kek

Karate coupled with Judo/classical Jujutsu is the best imo. Karate and Judo especially work incredibly well together, since they used to be the same thing. They're highly anaerobic, so doing these will automatically build strength.

I might have a bias for Japanese martial arts though since I've been doing them for 12 years. Wrestling and BJJ are pretty good, but I dislike how they don't stress chucking people.
Boxing/MMA/Muay Thai can be good, but tend to focus more on a "who cares if I get hurt so long as I hurt the other guy more?" mentality.

I want to be able to fuck someone up without injuring myself, and also to be able to stop them without breaking them if I can.

Hope this helps op.

Isn't he like 19 years old though or something?

kek

>acting
>art

>What do do think the best combo of fighting is the best to learn?

Shin strike cancelled immediately into a Spear and then vortexing the shit out of your opponent.
Be wary though, if he blocks your low attack, you'll be punished to shit.

Everything is a dead end bro. You just roll with it.

And learning these skills will ensure that you can't turn it off and get a TRO, end up in jail, then homeless.

boxing and a grappling art probs judo
plyometrics help clapping push ups n shit y know and compound exercises

that angered me a lot when she said that bullshit.

How do I into boxing?

Shooting range 5 times per week;
Lifting (full body) 2 times per week;
Jogging 10 km 3 times per week;
Swimming 1.5 hour 2 times per week;

There, thank me later. Learning martial in this day and age is useless.

Why are you scared to roid? Do a couple low dose Test E cycles. Virtually 0 long term side effects and will take your training and physique to a whole new level

>$0.03 have been sent your way by Shekelberg Pharmacy

i assume op is in high school or college and wants to know how to defend himself against belligerent retards at bars or parties, not how to get a felony for carrying at the least

Best martial arts in the real world in order of efficacy
>don't live in a shithole fu
>don't be a cunt jutsu
>parkour + 800m
>gun
>boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling

Boxing/MT and Judo.

Going to the ground is fucking stupid.

Its nice to know how to get up or out of that situation but choosing to goto the ground is fucking retarded IRL

No. You do not give your opponent your back.

doo doo think youz a bitch nigga

>Boxing/MMA/Muay Thai can be good, but tend to focus more on a "who cares if I get hurt so long as I hurt the other guy more?" mentality

You're literally retarded if you think that or you just don't know shit. I don't know about the toher two but Boxing emphasizes on defense a LOT.

I've met vastly more cuntish religious people than atheists. These kind of devout Christians and Muslims and Jews who turn out their children if they choose not to subscribe to shaping their thoughts around an ancient book. They take religion more seriously than even family in that way. To me that is utter degeneracy.

Lol ok bud

Ignoring those Christian politicians who go against literally every possible moral and proverb because they can go to church and get forgiven every week?
Discounting science because muh religous fee fees REEEEEEEE no stem cell research!
Embracing tribalism and nationalism

Truly the signs of the ignorant

Camus wasn't even an existentialist, though.

>Guys that lift are just overcompensating
>Girls don't even like muscles

Same shit different subject.

I got into martial arts kinda by accident and it's probably been the biggest self improvement explosion since going to school.

It sounds like meme but i am much better at EVERYTHING thanks to martial arts. At the end of the day it's just mastering the body and mind under pressure.

sup brehs

did kickboxing for a year, just cardio shit for weight loss. my right wrist is pretty jacked up. the paint centralizes around the end of my ulna, where it meets the wrist. it had gotten better, but then i played a game of mercy with one of my buddies at work and the pain is worse than it had been at its' prior worse. doctor, or any ideas for rehab?

i always wore wraps, like 180s i think, probably not the best wrap job and shit technique punching probably. i was just a fatass trying to lose weight.

Jogging and carrying a gun.

I must admit that I lurk here since a long time ago. Hoping that someday I will get the time and will to go to the gym.

The good news are that I will start to take classes of Muay Boran next month.

I never been in a gym and even less in a martial arts teaching center.

I'm just putting my last bet on this, I've failed at everything I tried before.

Is it a good idea for a lanklet to start his way into the fitness lifestyle by learning martial arts?

no, youre fucking retarded

>I'm just putting my last bet on this, I've failed at everything I tried before.

thats what retards say
all you need is diet and exercise.

all you literally have to do is pirate p90x or insanity or any of those babbys first time exercising and theyll work as long as you follow the diet and obviously the exercise. its literally all written down for you so you dont even have to move a neuron to know what to do.

>guys asks about learning a martial art in a martial arts thread
>mnnhhgee your fuckin' stupid, here, have these fitness programs that have nothing to do with martial arts.

Well, you are a special kind of stupid, aren't ya'?

>karate and judo used to be the same thing

No they didn't and they don't even have the same predecessor you fucking autist.

wrestling, muay thai, bjj.

>The good news are that I will start to take classes of Muay Boran next month.
No you're going to take classes of shitty MT that are marketed as "2dedly2ancient" because the coach is a) a shit fighter or b) a shit coach so he has no students with record to use for marketing.

APOLOGIZE

man I want to learn how to box, at least for the fricking reflexes and speed. It's jawdropping the moves they do

Posted this in antoher thread yesterday, obvs i meant the locker room at the boxing school, not the gym. Like how do you aqcquaintance yourself with everyone.

Guys i want to go too, am not autism, but how do i do this? In the locker room when changing do you talk to everyone while shakimg hands? No thats super autism but what do you do to not make it awkward,

I wish I did judo instead of taking kendo last year, I shouldn't have studied the sword while everyone was having pre-marital sex

Judo is from Juijitsu, Juijitsu came from Shiao Jiao and Indian Wrestling. ( in theory )

Karate came from various forms of kung fu. Mostly white crane.

You are just a dumb weeaboo

I do boxing and learned a little bit of aikido

I also try to avoid fights as much as I can, but I've been in a few and honestly if you know how to improvise quickly and are aggressive you'll win most of the time.

Boxing helped my reflexes but what ended the barfight was when his buddies had me against the bar and I grabbed a bottle and glassed one of them. When he started screaming the other guys backed off and I doubled down on it and there was enough of a lull in the fight for the bouncers to swoop in and separate everyone

Tism off the charts

If you want to into MMA you want to learn boxing and muay thai first of all. All fights start on the feet and these will teach you to use your limbs to fuck people up.

After that it's a toss up on what kind of grappling you want to learn.
>wrestling if you want to overpower your opponent or avoid the ground altogether. Good for scrambling/takedown defense

>jiu jitsu if you want to out-technique and fool your opponent into a ground finish via submission. Essential if you're a kickfag because wrestlers WILL take you down and try to rape you

Not very familiar with other grappling styles so I can't help you much more, though I'm sure judo and sambo are also effective.

My only issue with everyone crowing about groundwork is that as soon as a fight goes to the ground in real life, the other guy's buddys are going to jump in and start kicking you in the head. Street fights are almost NEVER a 1v1 thing- it's always you and your buddies jumping someone (which you shouldn't be doing unless you're a piece of shit) or someone and their buddies jumping you. You always want to be on your feet for that imo