WARNING: DO NOT SEND BITCOIN GOLD OR SEGWIT 2X COINS WITHOUT SENDING EQUAL AMOUNT OF BITCOIN TO ANOTHER WALLET AFTER...

WARNING: DO NOT SEND BITCOIN GOLD OR SEGWIT 2X COINS WITHOUT SENDING EQUAL AMOUNT OF BITCOIN TO ANOTHER WALLET AFTER THE BTG AND S2X FORK. IF YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO DO THIS SIMPLY DO NOT SEND BITCOIN OR THE FORKED COINS TO ANYONE.

WHY?

THESE COINS HAVE NO REPLAY PROTECTION. THEY ARE PRONE TO REPLAY ATTACK. THIS MEANS, IF YOU SEND 1 BTCG OR B2X TO SOMEONE, A PERSON CAN SIMPLY REBROADCAST THE TRANSACTION ON THE CORE CHAIN AND MAKE THE TRANSACTION GO THROUGH FOR YOUR PRECIOUS BITCOINS.

ALL THEY NEED IS THE TRANSACTION ID WHICH IS PUBLIC. NO PRIVATE KEY NEEDED. THIS WILL MOSTLY BENEFIT SCAMMERS THAT OFFER TO RECEIVE A LOW VALUED FORKED VERSION LIKE BTG OR S2X, BUT WILL REBROADCAST TRANSACTIONS ON THE MAIN CHAIN AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THOSE WHO ARE OBLIVIOUS.

BITCOIN CASH DID NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE BECAUSE THEY IMPLEMENTED REPLAY PROTECTION BEFORE FORKING.

VISA-VERCA WORKS AS WELL. THIS REALIZATION MAY VERY WELL RESULT IN A LARGE AMOUNT OF REPLAY ATTACKS AND SHARP DECREASE IN VALUE FOR ALL CRYPTOS UNTIL THE DUST HAS SETTLED AND REPLAY PROTECTION HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/issues/51
discord.gg/F7tEJgU
support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892196-bitcoin-gold-faq
support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off pajeet

MINISTER YOU SATOSHI

github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/issues/51

Bounty for anyone who can find a solution to this issue.

wth do we do then?

yea pejeet fu join this discord P&D group discord.gg/F7tEJgU

So basically AFTER the fork. I send ALL my real BTC to another address that I own.
and THEN I can send the BCshit to the exchange to sell it right?

If the "scammer" tries to "replay" the transaction on the main network, it won't work because I don't have my coins there any more
right?

This is my understanding don't see how they can replay attack a 0BTC wallet

Listen to this man. I don't want the crypto market to take a hit because summerfags don't know shit about the tech and will get parted from their money

I get this part. But can we move our BTC back to our original wallet after the GTG is out?

oh man, a lot of normies are going to lose their BTC

and personally i'm going to be sitting at my computer all day and replay attack stupid people. i'm going to be so fucking rich.

kek

There's no reason for me to stay in bitcoin if I have less than 100 dollars worth of bitcoin right?
If I get 0.001 bitcoin gold, it'll barely be worth a dollar at all?

What if all my BTC is on Bittrex right now for the BTG snapshot in a couple of days? Can I just move all my BTC back to Electrum after that?

the point is that you can end up with more BTC. Which in the end is what will keep growing in value.
That 0.001 Bitcoin gold which is 0.00001 BTC might be $100 in a few years

bittrex hasn't said what they're doing yet

lmao you fucking normies are so stupid. the fork has ALREADY occurred and snapshotted. the coins will just unlock on the 25th. you can read more about it on coinbase's blog.

support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892196-bitcoin-gold-faq

lmao. Barely worth it

>The fork has already privately occurred at a point known only to the Bitcoin Gold development team
Ah what the fuck? I thought the snapshot was on the 25th

support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-

>If you have a Bitcoin (BTC) balance on Bittrex during the BTG snapshot block 491,407 occurring approximately on October 24, 3am PT (10am UTC), you will be additionally credited the equivalent amount of Bitcoin Gold (BTG) on a 1:1 basis. i.e. 1 BTC on Bittrex held during the on-exchange snapshot will get you 1 BTG. BTC held on orders will also be credited. Only the BTC held on your account is eligible for BTG.

neck yourself dumb nigger