Cardo is sooo healthy!! Look at those knees perfect condish

Cardo is sooo healthy!! Look at those knees perfect condish

That just confirms that women are pussies.

You're getting it all wrong

These women don't care about running, they care how they look. Wear knee braces to look hardcore, run with improper form to avoid looking robotic, etc.

Good meme.

In reality though, genuine advice for people, cardio has been scientifically supported by countless studies to be literally the best thing you can do for your body in terms of exercise. It offers the most health benefits out of any other forms of exercise. Furthermore, the whole "running hurts your knees" middle school urban legend has also been proven false. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The cartilage in your joints are avascular. What that means is that they do not have their own blood supply and are not supplied by your arteries in veins. The only way they do get nutrients is through synovial fluid. Synovial fluid carries nutrients and helps maintain the cartilage in your joints, and when you run or compress your joints (in a healthy manner of course), this synovial fluid helps keep your joints healthy because the compression creates more constant cycles of nutrition from the synovial fluid. This keeps your cartilage from ossifying which is what causes most joint problems.

>wearing knee support
>heel-striking

Pottery

adding my 2 cents on top of this

cardio is literally what natural selection designed our bodies to do. if you think its bad for you then youre actually retarded

Assuming this is a troll thread. Anyways, cardio is good for everyone. The only people that don't benefit, are long distance runners. They really do fuck themselves up eventually. But that's only the extreme top 1% of runners

>natural selection
>designed

pick one

>running on concrete

right. walking and sprinting. long distance running is for horses.

Actually as a physio, lifting gives way more benefits. Across all ages. Strength has a direct correlation with decreased mortality. Weaker people arent living as long as stronger people. Cardio isnt correlated to mortality

Strength training gives benefits as stronger bones and joints. Good for balance and coordination. You even get the same benefits as you would with cardio. It increases VO2 max, improves and protect against pain. To a way bigger degree than cardio. Pluss it will make you look better due to muscle gain.

The best is to do strength training with some cardio, but lifting offers way more benefits.
And your theory about the cause of joint problems isnt correct. Its a factor, but the bieggest factors are weight, standin in one position for periods of time. And running isa a very poor rehab exercise for pain when compared with lifting

yeah, nah
I used to jog for fun, then, four years ago I decided to train for a marathon. Couldn't get over the 20km mark because of pain and swelling of my right knee.
Knee was never the same again. No probs in everday life, but squats and runs >5km elicit pain and swelling.

>really enjoy running, especially when I used to do it on the treadmill in the basement
>can't as much now because ARTHRITIS

Thanks Mom. 20 y/o and have chondrosis.

Natural selection is design
Theres nothing about those two terms that make them exclusive to each other

They're all wearing heel stompers tho. I switched over to a zero drop running shoe and have not had knee pain. Either way, running is not for everyone so do swimming if you need to but cardio is an important part of being Veeky Forums imo

Doctor of exercise science here

lifting is the best and cardio is fucking shit

running on concrete is actually not bad if you know how to run properly.

>running on hard surfaces is the only form of cardio
>what is biking
>what is swimming
>what are elipticals
>what is running on soft surfaces like grass

Actually women are more likely to get stress injuries on their knees. This is because women have wider hips, so their legs bow inwards from hips to knee while men's legs are more of a straight line from hip to knee to ankle

barefoot on soft ground though. When you run barefoot, you naturally land on the ball of your foot but when most people run in shoes the natural form is to go heel first, which is bad for you.

Actually no, humans are long-distance runners. Arguably the best in the animal kingdom, better than horses over very long distances. The way humans would often hunt is they would chase their prey for hours or even days until their prey got tired, then humans would take it down

>makes fun of people who run
>can't run 5 miles without needing a ride in an ambulance, be put on a respirator, and weeks of recovery time afterwards
>OH BUT user I LIFT, I'M AN ATHLETE

bullshit
> Cardio isnt correlated to mortality
most people die because of cardiovascular diseases, cardio trains exactly this
> bieggest factors are weight, standin in one position for periods of time
so exactly the opposite of what cardio does?
>poor rehab exercise for pain
yeah, thats why they do mostly light bodyweight exercises in rehab

If you run in shoes not properly designed for running then you end up heel-striking, especially if someone didn't show you how to run *properly* and you try to extend your stride out beyond what's normal and don't utilize your calf muscles to get enough loft so your foot can land properly.

Elliptical machines should only be used for a short period of time, or better yet avoid them entirely. They fuck up your running mechanics because they force your stride length into a predetermined length that has nothing to do with your natural stride.

>Strength has a direct correlation with decreased mortality

People who can eat enough to gain strength live longer than malnourished people?

Call
The
Fucking
News.