gymnasticbodies.com/forum
antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Our very own Veeky Forums calisthenics king (unnoficially)
instagram.com/fedora_boi/

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges
-(Hill) Sprints

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

savannahstate.edu/cost/nrotc/documents/Inform2010-thearmstrongworkout_Enclosure15_5-2-10.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pijouRuLg9g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQXnOuQqKYc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9-njKUc-f9U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aH7ob38sGN8
youtube.com/watch?v=rGjtPtXXWCg
breakingmuscle.com/learn/greasing-the-groove-how-to-make-it-work-for-you
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For some reason I had the best bodyweight workout today. Probably due to being well rested and actually for once stretching and warming up for a solid 20 minutes

>got my chin up to 1x5
>can move on to my next push up progression
>with a small jump can do like 1 pull up

ROM and stretches are still incredibly shit though

>mfw I'll make it this year

Planks on your palms instead of elbows is so foreign to me

Bump.
Cmon boyos

I have a slight problem with mobility:
When I do pistol squat I can't hold my other leg straight. Same with leg raises, I struggle hard to raise legs higher that paralel to the groud.
The feeling that I got taht restrics movement is in quads (or whatever muscles that are in front part of tights).
Are there any specific exercise for that? Am I not flexible enough or my muscles are just weak?
I tried streaching, meaning standing, bending over and touching floor with legs straight, but that doesn't seem to hit this spot. Same if I try it with straight spine.

I want to start a body weight routine but I'm not sure which one. I've been doing a mostly cardio routine in the mornings before work for the last few weeks and want to add on something in the afternoon. I've decided to go with either the startbodyweight.com or /r/bodyweightfitness. Which one would be best for a beginner? I know I'll need some basic equipment with either one.

Maybe a problem with your core strength, might want to work on it more, but try stretching the back of your legs too. It worked for me when I was doing pistols

dunno why that file is there sorry

>Maybe a problem with your core strength
No, core is OK.
I progressed from decline plnaks to planks with lifting one legs and couldn't hold them for more than 30s because my legs failed.

So how about you just stand and try to stay in pistol position, or outstretch your leg on a chair or some shit till you can hold the position comfortably. .?

I guess.
Thanks for help.

can I do solely core and upper, or are legs a necessity for the compound stuff targeting those?

whats your warmup routine?

same. fucking antranik

You think you don't want to train legs till you realize how stupid a big ass upper body looks with no legs.
Unless you're injured in which case, sorry
Or a gymnast

But to answer your question, yea you can just do upper and core

I want to see him break his legs trying to do a pistol

running smolov jr for weighted dips and chins, foundation, handstand, and rings twice a week respectively, plus fitnessFAQs bodybyrings plus his bodyweight evolution program. other than adding some shrimp squat progressions wtf else can i do for my legs (im not natty)

but its essentially just pushup position???

getting big legs with calesthenics is kind of hard, of course you can build nice strong ones, but to get big legs you are gonna need some weights

im looking to get a nice Y frame through bodyweight shit. i just feel im not hitting my legs as intensely as i should be.
like an average monday is the straight arm parts of foundation, BBR push, and BWE upper 1, and smolov jr in the morning, im working my legs like 1/6th as much as my upper body because its just the pistol progressions, shrimp progressions, plus the BWE lower body day

is this a good program for increasing pull ups any experiences
savannahstate.edu/cost/nrotc/documents/Inform2010-thearmstrongworkout_Enclosure15_5-2-10.pdf

yes. made me go from 12 to 20 in like 4 months

really? my max pull ups in one set is 11 is it that good

add more reps and sets, try one leg variation

I don't want a big ass upper body, I want funkshunal strength and some lean muscle
I run 30-50 miles/week and am raising that over time, I have no desire to increase the size of my thighs or calves

honestly if you're on something you'll benefit most from deadlifts and weighted squats + shrimps for mobility

36-60* left off a day

Pullups and dips go a long ways honestly so you can just throw those in. Maybe some pushups and body rows and planks too if you want more volume.
idk i still think you'd benefit from shrimps or pistols, they give some nice strength and balance gains and don't really grow your legs that much

Brehs, how do you pregress dips after this? I don't have anywhere to do Russian dips, I did ring dips instead, and now I'm at 3 sets of 8.
More intense dipping variations?

do you do rto dips?

Bulgarian ring dips

been keeping rings parallel, those look brutal, thanks
thanks, i'll try em out

I need honest answers will lifting weights especially on the shoulders help me gain the strenght to do a hand stand push up?

I am able to do a handstand by kicking up but i do not have the strength to push

Is it possible to learn the planche just by doing planche leans, i cannot seem to advance past tuck planche and is becoming frustrating

i imagaine ohp would help

Do both and keep trying to kick one leg out from tuck

planche leans will definitely help but if you cant progress to tuck planche you might not be leaning far enough

i was following the starting stretching and followed it up with plan and pushups

whats the proper scapular movement for planches

>tfw upperbody so weak i could never do a single pullup
>tfw knees hurt doing squats properly
rip

Fookin' did it, boys

3x4 of red circle-related, I know it's nothing, but it took me 7 sessions (after reaching 3x10 of the previous progression) to do it without falling at least once. Feels GUD

just do a progression. Every single exercise that I'm doing now, I once thought I was never going to be able to do.

That's why you do pullup negatives to gain strength for a big boy pull up.
3x8 negatives every day/every other day and you'll be able to do a pullup within 2 weeks.

rest your legs bruh, knees are important for stuff

Yes, but yohe better devise a way to keep track of the lean, I'll send you a link in a bit. It could also be that you aren't protracing enough/ don't have enough compression and or strength for the tuck at the moment.

Haven't down BW in 6+ months, but i always hit a plateau with squats (was doing bulgarians) where my ankles/knees just hurt a lot and I had terrible balance.

planning on starting up again, might just try this, thanks user.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pijouRuLg9g

7:30 is the info you're looking for

Compression work

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQXnOuQqKYc

Protraction

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9-njKUc-f9U

Check the third link

your ankle mobility gets better with time, as long as you keep working on progression. I used to have a lot of ankle pain, now I can't even remember when I stopped having it

make sure you're distributing your weight properly on the single leg squats. My knees were always hurting from them and i thought i was doing them right, till i recorded myself and saw i was favoring the outside of my feet.
Centered the weight and my knees dont hurt from them anymore

oh, i love dan jeong's vids, didnt know he had one for exactly what i was looking for
thanks user

might be from the fact that my feet splay as well, straightening them out for them felt unnatural.
will do when I start up in a few days (first days of class, rip)

How does the second progression on pelicans make sense? What would make more sense to train in order to Achieve the 3rd progression ? Also fuck that last thing he does.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aH7ob38sGN8

For good ol' fashioned pushups are you supposed to squeeze your shoulder blades together? Yes, right? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

I hate these. I have the leg strength for it but my balance is still fucked. I've been doing 3x7 every session to try to nail it down.

this might sound autistic but whenever id be standing around doing nothing, id be practicing balancing on one foot. Im confident that this helped me achieve pistol squats faster than i wouldve

b u m p

just got my first v sit today. only for like 3 seconds but now i know i can do it

Bump

Just done 3x10 russian push ups, first time I ever tried doing russian push ups.

feel great tbqh

Got a pullup bar for christmas (how did I live without this??). But, when I do wide grip pullups, my left collarbone makes a little snappy noise, it's uncomfortable. Anybody experiece this?

make sure you pack your shoulder blades, down and back.
if you already do this the best advice i can give you is to do pullups in front of mirror or film yourself to see if theres anything wonky going on without you realizing it.

thanks user for the advice

how to work biceps without pull up bar? i just came back to college and left mine at home

Self resistence.
Put one hand into a curl position
Use other hand to create resistance.

You'll need to know how your body reacts to certain weight ranges, intenisities, and rep ranges to truly benefit from it.

But with a little trail and error, figuring out how to make it tough enough to do 5-10 reps will be easy.
Best part is that you can do this anywhere any time.
Hell I just did a set of 1x5.

I'm currently struggling with muscle-up. Can do 12 pull-ups, but can't a single MU. Any tips?

practice explosive pull ups, chest to bar, and single bar dips
then just kinda combind em

Thanks, any way to train the wrist movement? Did some MUs with the loop band yesterday and today I can't even move my right wrist.

F5 atm..

Feels bad man.

Started four months ago probably around G1

>find object you can put your hands under but be 100% sure you cannot lift it (I use a window ledge or the handles of our steel cellar door)
>press your hands against it from under it as if you were to still try to lift it
>curl your body towards it, paying attention to go reaaaally slow and with as much resistance and tension as you can possibly muster up (also do not round your back)
>do it in a way that you are spent but not to failure after 3x8 reps, you'll know how to after a few times

you can do them false grip if you arent already

fuckton of table rows

college gym?

have yet to see a single decent body obtained with bodyweight only exercises

I recommend neck hangs x f

Bodyweight + free weights master race here. Step away plebs

troll but slight true

like guitar, its hard to get really good if you only play acoustic, but there are beasts who do just that.

However you will find most guitarists never restrict themselves to one type of guitar, they almost all dabble in electric, classical, bass, and other stringed instruments as well. In fact, it is common for guitarists to be trained in other non-stringed instruments like drums, vocals, piano, flute, etc. Dizzy Gilespie practiced the piano, but you only caught him on stage with his trumpet.

The point of the anology is: being well-rounded in a field can help you specialize deeply within that field.

>piano
>non-stringed

>yfw piano is considered precussion

And this , this is how you snap shit up. Never "try to lift" something you can't. You will fuck yourself up.

>Never "try to lift" something you can't.
isn't that the essence of body weight strength training? exerting force against something that can't be overcome. when you do a pullup you're not moving the bar and when you do a push-up you're not moving the earth either.

What would be the Calisthenics equivalent to weightliftings 1/2/3/4?

youre not trying to lift the bar or push the earth, you're trying to lift/push your body...

it's not like your body can tell the difference and in fact it's a common tip for pull-ups to act as if were trying to pull the bar downwards into your back pocket rather than to pull yourself up towards the bar.

ok semantics troll

kill yourself

thank you

What's the fastest way to up push ups and pull-ups, they're all I care about.

doing pushups and pike pushups after a few reps gives me a ridiculous brain ache, i have to stop the workout entirely. and yes ive been trying to breathe but still i get those painful head aches

ive been doing this random bodyweight routine and for a while and focusing more on the delts than any other part and i today i noticed that a deltoid is bigger (more like rounder but) than another..
wat do lads?

Grease the groove
Everyone is a little asymmetrical. Just make sure youre not favoring one arm too much during exercises.

Are you doing something weird with your neck

>Grease the groove

What does tha mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=rGjtPtXXWCg
breakingmuscle.com/learn/greasing-the-groove-how-to-make-it-work-for-you

essentially you're doing low intensity low reps, but throughout the day. hypothetically if you can do 10 pullups, you would do like 4 every hour or couple hours everyday. I think the reasoning is that it builds the neurological pathways quicker or some sciencey shit.
Most important part is the low intensity with high frequency

This doesn't interfere with muscle recovery after work out?

no, as long as you make sure youre doing like 30-40 percent your max reps.

actually 50-80% (closer to 50-60% recommended)

Would it be worth it to get a bench for hyperextensions or can I do another exercise to target my lower back? I have a dips/pull up station and some weights

ive seen different people recommend different amounts, but yeah, as long as you're not going balls to the wall

Bump

>like guitar, its hard to get really good if you only play acoustic

This isn't true, though. Classical guitar and flamenco guitar are really fucking hard, maybe even the hardest, and are almost entirely acoustic.

congrats desu. I'm still doing l-sits with my feet on the floor, just raising my butt off the floor for 40 seconds. V-sit seems like inhuman strength

>Classical guitar and flamenco guitar are really fucking hard, maybe even the hardest, and are almost entirely acoustic.

why are we doing this, classical and flamenco aren't "the hardest". Every genre takes a massive amount of skill at the highest level, acoustic or electric or whatever. classical on acoustic requires high ass technical skill and high level reading. jazz on electric takes high ass technical skill and expert level theory and improv. and even then rock can take high ass technical skill and stupid high speed.

They're just different skillsets. Its stupid to call one harder than another.
Same with bodyweight v lifting. Different skillsets. bodyweight moving yourself through space and lifting, moving other shit through space.