Are fruit bad for you?

Are fruit bad for you?

>all calories from sugar
>piss poor fiber content
>little nutrition
>sugar

Other urls found in this thread:

freakonomics.com/podcast/food-science-victory-a-new-freakonomics-radio-episode/
somersetlive.co.uk/paignton-zoo-ban-monkeys-eating-bananas/story-20439651-detail/story.html
who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/517S.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22854401
washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/burden-of-disease-study-shows-a-world-living-longer-and-with-more-disability/2012/12/13/9d1e5278-4320-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html?utm_term=.000619b71ab0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything has it's place with moderation.

>Little nutrition
>Excellent source of vitamins and minerals that are literally vital

Why would you not eat fruit? It's a 10/10 snack. Banana & Orange errday my friend.

>crave sweets, have fruit instead of snickers

>low in fiber
>What are apricots
The dietary fiber in fruit helps with the high sugar content
I eat fruit before a workout for some extra energy

This, feel like lollies? Eat grapes, strawberry's, cherry's whatever.

freakonomics.com/podcast/food-science-victory-a-new-freakonomics-radio-episode/

> There are some fruits in particular that may be bad for our health. And that’s something that a lot of people just can’t believe. But there’s this interesting study where some Italian* researchers took people — men actually, overweight men — who were at high risk for heart disease. And they decided to add a fruit a day to their diet, thinking that that would reduce their risk. And so they chose apples. You know, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. So these overweight men, prone to heart disease, divided into two groups. One continued their normal diet, one had their normal diet plus a Golden Delicious apple a day. And at the end of the study those men who were eating the Golden Delicious apple had higher levels of triglycerides, which are an independent predictor of heart disease, and the worst kind of cholesterol. And the problem with this particular variety of apple , it’s very high in fruit sugars, and it’s lower in antioxidants than many other varieties. So the health benefits in that variety are low, the sugar is high.

>ROBINSON: But that’s certainly not true. Because the fruits and vegetables that most people pick in this country are extremely low in antioxidants. And that includes things like melons and sweet corn, white sweet corn and white potatoes and bananas, iceberg lettuce. They’re at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to food values.

Modern cultivated fruits also give monkeys diabetes, so there's that

somersetlive.co.uk/paignton-zoo-ban-monkeys-eating-bananas/story-20439651-detail/story.html

Fruits are good. While refined sugars are unhealthy, sugar as packaged in fruit doesn't cause any known health problems.

who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

Most fruits are a good source of important health-promoting phytochemicals, and the more variety you eat, the better.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/517S.full

Just fuck my shit up f@m

only kinda true m8

I eat like 5-8 bananas a day and I'm pretty lean.

fruit is overrated

unless you're eating weird fruits, the one's we think about (apples, etc.) are full of sugar and barely any fiber

It's quite much the same as eating sweets.
It obviously has some vitamins, which makes it better than sweets.

There is nothing wrong with eating a banana or an apple as a snack, though, sugar isn't necessarily evil and you can probably use it as an energy boost if you happen to be short.

Can I eat vegetables and no fruit but bananas?

Also what vegetables should I eat?

This study says absolutely nothing. The only reason why refined sugar is considered "more unhealthy" than that in fruits is because it's way more concentrated and linked to generally already unhealthy food.

If you eat fruits all day you will become fat just as much as if you eat sweets.
Literally no difference, other than the fruit containing more vitamins and usually more fiber etc. making it harder to overeat as fast on it.
Still, stuffing your face with fruit all day is not healthy.

eat raw carrots for strong jaw and orange tan

>These are the people giving you advice

this

/thread

Nice argument

>The only reason why refined sugar is considered "more unhealthy" than that in fruits is because it's way more concentrated and linked to generally already unhealthy food.

Refined sugars are unhealthy because it's dumping a bunch of easily oxidized carbohydrate into your blood at once. The fiber and antioxidant plant compounds in fruit help prevent this, and are a net benefit.

If you take sugar water and add even more sugar to it in the form of fruit, even if you remove the fruit fiber, it makes the sugar water less harmful

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22854401

Unless you manage to eat so much fruit that you gain weight, eating fruit all day is healthy. Get your 9 a day.

>What is complex carbohydrates?

There is no substitute for lolis

I want everyone in this thread to DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

Look, every time you are eating a fruit you would be eating some type of vegetable instead.
It provides you with more vitamins, more fiber and has less calories.

So unless you are, after hitting your macros, magically missing calories that you need to fill out, there is no reason to eat fruit.
Unless it's simply for taste and joy and you are basing your diet around it.

Which is perfectly fine, but it doesn't make fruit "healthy". It still makes it a snack that i consumed for taste.

meant for

>You read on an anime forum that fruit is bad for you?

>it's less healthy than vegetables
>therefore it's not healthy
And which learning disability do you have, special young man?

Eat more blueberries and bananas

>Look, every time you are eating a fruit you would be eating some type of vegetable instead.

Or you could be eating both fruits and vegetables and enjoy the health benefits of both.

According to the massive Global Burden of Disease study, inadequate fruit intake is responsible for more chronic disease worldwide than any other dietary factor, including obesity and sedentary lifestyles.

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/burden-of-disease-study-shows-a-world-living-longer-and-with-more-disability/2012/12/13/9d1e5278-4320-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html?utm_term=.000619b71ab0

No, it's not just "less healthy than vegetables" - it is a snack that doesn't provide you with anything important for it's "cost" and should generally be avoided in a diet that is aimed to keep your bodyfat low while maintaining physical fitness.

I don't know what the fuck is so hard to understand. If I eat a snickers or 2 bananas, it's almost the same thing, apart from some vitamins.
Would you not say that snickers are unhealthy?
Would you say snickers are actually healthy?

No, you wouldn't.

I don't understand how someone a stupid as you can possibly call someone else stupid.

Fruits with lower calories are better, like strawberries, blueberries, watermelon.

Stuff like cherries, pineapple, mango are worse.

Do snickers lower your risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, inflammatory diseases, etc? Your reasoning doesn't sound any more nuanced than "snickers has sugar... fruit has sugar.... fruit is snickers"

Why do you keep linking studies that are just meaningless?

Can you not tell yourself why this link exists? It's plain and simple because eating no vitamins is unhealthier than eating vitamins by eating fruits.

It's the same argumentation every vegan retard tries to argue that meat is unhealthy.
"Look, the average vegan diet is a lot healthier than a diet containing meat! Therefore meat must be unhealthy!"

No, it's just that the average diet containing meat lacks vitamins, which says absolutely nothing about meat being healthy or not.

So if I eat snickers with some vitamins they become healthy, yes?

> """Global""" Burden of Disease
Yes, good goy, eat your corporatist GMO-fortified fruits! Make sure you buy the ones with lots of pesticides they are safer!

Not true.

Pineapple contains loads of bromelain which is very, very good for you. Especially for your liver.

Please refrain from ever giving advice on topics you have no knowledge of.

I'm just saying it's high in calories compared to other fruits, faggot.

Stop pretending you have a medical degree.

Autism at it's finest ladies and gentlemen.

>what are micronutrients

>studies that are just meaningless

How is the WHO's global burden of disease study meaningless? It's one of if not the largest, most complex study on disease rates and risk factors ever done. I don't know why you think you understand this all better than the scientists who study this stuff professionally. It's not a plain and simple thing. Your unresearched explanation isn't the answer.

>little nutrition
they usually are low on macros but rich in vitamins and minerals.
What bothers me about them is their ridiculous low amount of calories, I mostly eat just bananas and oj for the vitamin c.

> The (((World Health Organization)))
Wew lads look at the (((science))) on this one

>If you eat fruits all day you will become fat just as much as if you eat sweets.
>Literally no difference, other than the fruit containing more vitamins and usually more fiber etc. making it harder to overeat as fast on it.

Yeah, fiber + micronutrients and difficulty of overeating are really key.

>Still, stuffing your face with fruit all day is not healthy.

You reminded me of an episode of a show I watched when I lived in bongland about fatties who claim to eat healthy and yet remain fat as fuck. There was this woman who said that fat is normal, natural and healthy because all she eats for breakfast is fruit and has a fairly healthy (by normalfag standards) lunch and dinner.

Then a food scientist took a look at the fruit she ate for breakfast - it was literally a FRUIT BOWL filled with grapes, pineapple and honeydew melon pieces. She was eating about 1500 calories of mostly sugar from her "healthy breakfast" alone.

I used to rage at normalfags for being retarded about food, but I realized that modern society is engineered to keep people ignorant about food choices so they can market bullshit like fruit juices and cereal as "healthy" and make $$$.

I would say kill yourself fucking retard, but malnourishment's gonna do the job for you :)

pedo get out

also

L O N D O N

Leave it to fit to think fruits are unhealthy.

problem with eating fruits as a snack is that they dont fill you up at all. i could probably eat a dozen bananas as a "snack", have gone up to 6 already. those hippies that only eat fruit must shit nothing but water.

Strawberrys and blueberries have so many nutritional benefits, bananas are great too. Please delete this thread its embarrassing

OP is just worried that the calories from fruits will fuck up his cut, specially since they have no fiber and therefore dont fill you up - and he has a point.

>not wanting those sweet unquantified compounds in fruits
confirmed for shit quality of life. There is more to life than minerals and vitamins. More than carbs, fat, and protein.

You would have to eat a lot of fruit for it to affect a cut dramatically. And to say fruit is unhealthy because it might fuck up a cut is retarded. Eating fruit is important in a diet

>I ate some blueberries, my cut is ruined!

EBAD

>If you eat fruits all day you will become fat

fuck off dude.

>If you eat fruits all day you will become fat just as much as if you eat sweets.

Same with any food, dumb ass.

wow that fucking chick just made my life a billion times harder with nutrition. great...

>he doesn't get the cheap Kiwi from Aldi

Apples are a weird one, though. There's a lot of variance in polyphenols between types.

>Overweight men who were already shoveled very unhealthy food into their faces didn't improve their health by eating more food
Wooooooow

I think them giving one apple per day is too little to do anything, but I also wonder if the experiment went the way they intended.

>overweight men
>give them 7 apples all at once at the start of each week expecting them to eat one apple a day instead of eating all 7 on Monday and then whatever junk food they're used to eating the rest of the week since they didn't control the rest of their diets at all

With 1 apple being the intervention, they'd need more control over the subjects' diets throughout the experiment to note differences relatable to the apple feeding.

I don't need to argue with ignorant people