Are dragons originally european or asian?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion#Dragon_or_serpent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangshao_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Siberian_rainforest
youtu.be/2CzIuBo2p-g
youtu.be/6IBlQj2U5kU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Serpent
chaz.org/Arch/China/Dragons/Dragons.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're completely unrelated fictional creatures

That's a Wyvern you normie faggot.

It's not. The image is shit so it's hard to tell but its two rear legs are folded against its body and tail.

My bad. I thought those were just 2 giant dicks.

Jewish. So Asian

pretty sure i heard somewhere it came to the late romans from steppe tribes banners

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion#Dragon_or_serpent

>implying western and chinese dragons are similar

choragon

we're talking about the oldest dragon myth or depiction senpai

>inb4 some faggot mentions Sumerians

>The representatives of the Hongshan Culture location Niuheliang (6500-5000 BP) identified 3 different Y-chromosome subclades haplotypes: N1 (xN1a, N1c), C and O3a (O3a3)
Definitely Indo-Europeans, lol.

This.
Europeans just named every big lizard/snake myth they found a 'dragon'.

that looks more like a seahorse

The Chinese depictions are the oldest, but they are not connected to Western dragons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangshao_culture

European dragons come from the Balkans and Pontic Steppe (Ukraine), depicted by Thracians, Dacians, Scythians and Sarmations.
Presumably it's of ancient Indo-European origin.

Are there Hittite dragons?

this looks like it was made by a SJW

They're actually from the near east

Are pyramids european, amercian or african?

wrong

yes

Do Asian dragons fly? If so, how is that accounted for? They don't have wings!!!

Why are we even calling Asian dragons dragons? They are different things. And why modern (fantasy) dragons look more like dinosaurs than serpents?

This childish slap fight is why you two are idiots.
>ur wrong
>no ur wrong
>ur dumb
>no ur dumb
Either one of you post a source backing up your statement or fuck off.

Same way god floats around in the sky. Magic.

So dragons are Gods?

>omg if it doesn't have legs is not a dragon!!!
Back to your videogames, kiddo

Yes, in the same sense as God and magic. They're not real.

Wyvern's a type of dragon you butthurt autist

We get it. You played Skyrim. Now fuck off.

no, I had to endure /v/ autists shitting all the boards where a dragon was posted
much different

>Everyone else shit up the board! Why can't I?!?!
This is why you're dumb. It's like you idiots enjoy being immersed in shit.

>try to have a discussion about cultural differences between the depiction of dragons
>lol but that's not a dragon! xD where are the legs? I play videogames by the way and hear this totally and new original opinion!
But yes, I am the one shitting up the board

I'm not the user he's attempting to correct.
lrn2burdenofproof

Nice argument. Jesus fucking Christ you need top be 18 to post on this site.

Both of you are presenting arguments. It's his job to provide context for his, it's your job to provide context for yours. If you're right (which you assume you are) then posting evidence shouldn't be hard.

I wasn't arguing. Telling someone to fuck off isn't an argumentative statement.

>The manchild shitting up a thread with their infantile DnD autism is the one telling others to fuck off.

uh, I just said he's wrong
not an argument

What the fuck are you talking about DnD? I literally came into this thread to tell this idiot
To fuck off. He's the one that came in screaming about dragons and video games replying to a post from 3 fucking hours ago. Are you stupid?

>Brother Alberic stretches his cramping fingers and surveys his work- a remarkable illumination of Saint George slaying a cruel, serpentine dragon.
>The door creaks, and Alberic finds his contemplation disturbed by the unmistakable and unwelcome gait of Brother Analretentiva.
>He turns in his seat and groans when he sees a large leatherbound tome under Analretentiva's arm, the title "Monster Manual" in gold leaf, faintly visible in the candlelight.
>Brother Analretentiva waddles over to survey the illumination. He lets out a laboured sigh and runs his forefinger up the bridge of his nose.
>"Acksherly" he splutters in his characteristic stilted monotone. "I think you will find that you have in fact drawn a wyrm, and not a dragon."

African American

those are two different posters, retard
I replied to the post that was only 3 minutes old when I posted it
stop shitting up the thread, retard

I know it's Saturday and you're a loser with nothing else to do. But why this? You can literally google the definition of argument.
"an exchange of diverging or opposing views" see how you and I are exchanging posing views, so I proposed some evidence that backs up my claim of what an argument is? This shit isn't hard, you're actually just dumb, unimaginative and picking fights on the internet because you're stupid.

Pic related is what the Romans called a dragon, what you think of as a dragon didn't appear europe until the Slavs showed up, when they just re-used the Latin word for it.
Now fuck off.

No, you wrote both of those posts. It's easy to tell which are yours. You're the retard who frequently capitalises the first word, but has some weird phobia of using punctuation. My friend, you are so downs your lack of intelligence is actually a feature people can pick up on.

Sorry user, I am both
and
I posted the latter to shut down down the imminent dragon vs wyvern autism which I have seen derail threads before.

It's so easy that you got it wrong, fucking retard

Pic related.

Was that so hard?

K.

Anyways, the dragon figure is a world wide phenomenon, even occurring in places that have 1. been isolated for tens of thousands of years, and 2. in areas where no reptiles are even found, which inclines me to believe that dragon myths all come from a single origin point, even if the respective cultural myths have developed alot since their inception.

Seems like the common point between the Pontic steppe and northeast China is south Siberia, near what is now western Kazakhstan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Siberian_rainforest

Thread themes
youtu.be/2CzIuBo2p-g
youtu.be/6IBlQj2U5kU

>dragon myths all come from a single origin point
dragons used to travel the liminal boundary between the inner Earth and Hyperborea obv

you don't see abo dragon myths

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Serpent

are you retarded? I implied nothing of the sort.
There's a clear difference between western and eastern dragons.

they were originally extraterrestrial

I love the derpy dragon St. George slays. Isn't this the dragon that terrorized a village and ate people in legends?

Pro-tip: stop applying the D&D manual to real world mythology.

What counts as a "Wyvern" in D&D has been depicted as "Dragon" in western art for centuries.

Did you just come into a thread, to reply to a post 4 hours ago, to say the same exact thing someone else said an hour ago?
This is actual autism.

>he expects me to read all posts and gets all mad about getting told twice
No, this is actual autism.

The Middle Eastern one

>He came into a thread without the intention of reading the posts
Just like you came into this life without the intention of being anything great. Look, you're doing that pretty well too.

Just calm down.

You were wrong and you got told. No reason to derail the thread over your hurt pride. Just sit down and think about your mistake so you won't repeat it in the future.

uh which one is that?
oh wait, it's not the oldest.

No. That's a great reason to derail the thread.

They are Indo-Germanic, later brought to China by Tocharian Nordics.

Late neolithic chineese dragon

midle neolithic chinese dragon

sauce:chaz.org/Arch/China/Dragons/Dragons.html

early neolithic chinese dragon carved inside the fish

That's a catfish, not a dragon.

>Indo-Germanic
Say it right dumb savage

Are you retarded? A wyvern is literally a norse dragon the inbreed islanders culturally appropriated because there's no such thing as anglo culture and they've zero creativity.

Oh I'm sorry. *Indogermanisch.

if you say so

Not a dragon either.

Pic related is an example of a real dragon, these are some retarded catfishes at best.

Fucking white people.
Pic related. God damn rednecks.

some Veeky Forums woman I talked to told me "indoeuropeans" got the iron and some other stuff from the chinese then brought it back to the indoeuropean place

I disagree

And this one looks like a worm.

Still waiting for you to post a real dragon.

disgusting kid 2bh

Ok, finally. This is a real dragon. Brought to the chinks by the superior Nordic Indo-Germanics.

pig dragons don't count

>indoeuropeans got the iron and some other stuff from the chinese
wrong

Originally just dinosaur skeletons desu

Wong
>implying

Both. Human beings are not that original and because of that, the concept of dragons has surfaced on two areas of the world before trade routes were made.

sad

>some Veeky Forums woman I talked to told me "indoeuropeans" got the iron and some other stuff from the chinese then brought it back to the indoeuropean place

Well that's wrong, iron was brought to Europe by Cypriot merchants

China didn't have iron till 500 BC, and was likely introduced through Central Asia.

>The annual iron output of the Roman Empire is estimated at 84,750 t,[32] while the similarly populous Han China produced around 5,000 t.[33]

maybe she mean bronze or something earlyer than that?

>The earliest tin-alloy bronze dates to 4500 BCE in a Vinča culture site in Pločnik (Serbia).[9]

seems more likely they picked it up from Anatolia or they just had it already ~2000BC when they settled the Tarim basin
probably just a dumb cunt desu
>The U.S. National Gallery of Art defines the Chinese Bronze Age as the "period between about 2000 BC and 771 BC," a period that begins with the Erlitou culture and ends abruptly with the disintegration of Western Zhou rule.[30] Though this provides a concise frame of reference, it overlooks the continued importance of bronze in Chinese metallurgy and culture. Since this is significantly later than the discovery of bronze in Mesopotamia, bronze technology could have been imported rather than discovered independently in China. While there may be reason to believe that bronzework developed inside China separately from outside influence,[31][32] the discovery of Europoid mummies in Xinjiang suggests a possible route of transmission from the West.[33]

They aren't related at all.

In addition the Chinese dragon is more of Chimera than a dragon.
>Scales of a fish
>Legs of a lizard.
>Head of a camel.
>Antlers of a deer
>Body of a snake.

I see, thx, would have never told Vinca culture had the first bronze

They're different.

In Europe they represent greed and destruction. In Asia they're mostly benevolent, usually associated with water.

Maybe Asian dragons evolved from catfish. They have those whiskers and are associated with water.

Who would win in a fight?

I read somewhere (probably wikipedia) that dragons could be interpreted as a natural ocurance among human beings" minds since it is the mix of the two main menaces to early humans: big cats and snakes.

It was made by a former hentai artist.

Smallboy is C U T E!