What were you repping for 5 when you hit 1/2/3/4 for singles for the first time?

What were you repping for 5 when you hit 1/2/3/4 for singles for the first time?

Surely you must get tired of making these gay posts user

attractive woman

I don't do 1 rep max because I'm not a powerlifter faggot
My 1/2/3/4 was reached with sets of 5 because that's the minimum ammount of reps I have ever done

>>qtddtot

1 rep maxes can actually be helpful if you stall

Maximal singles are used by pretty much any discipline that trains with heavy weight

You're a dumb faggot

t. Certified strength coach

you wanna know how I know you don't lift?

is this true , im stalling so bad lately

no, eating more will help your stalling, also variations of exercises will help your satalling

Yes, like lower weight and more reps also can.

Yeah
>powerlifting
>olympic powerlifting
>heavyweight competitions
>olympic lifting
>strongman competitions
Why would I care about finding out my 1 rep max if it means messing up my workout for the day and only care about hypertrophia?

You know I'm not a powerlifter fag actually. 1 rep max means shit when you are a bodybuilder

Also
>all athletics that require any marginal amount of strength

It gives you a good definite number to base your next training cycle on and allows you to objectively track your progress more accurately.

Or is smart, long-term planning too faggy for you?

also
>olympic powerlifting

Who in the bejesus is that?

What? 1/2/3/4 is meant to be for reps

darude-sandstorm

yep this. they are 10RMs.

I don't care about your magic number that is 1 rep max. You can lift as heavy as you want for that rep but if you have bad technique and don't put in volume you will stay dyel.
But now that I think of, everyone who does care is probably a fat fuck who justifies it with being a weightlifter and has no business with actual bodybuilding.
Sorry for interrupting your "sport"

Squat 280x5
Deadlift 360x5
Bench 200x5
OHP 120x5

>if you max out you necessarily have bad form
nope
>if you max out that means you don't put in volume otherwise
You know that it's ok to take a week of lower volume and then bring the volume right back up, don't you?
>everyone who cares about a max lift is a fat fuck weightlifter
lmao tell that to the big, lean football player who's favorite day is max day. Now remember that that's every other football player. (i.e. people with more skill and talent than you)

Keep being mad and dumb though

squat

A 1 rep set has literally no use in gaining size
Just an ego boost for bitches who look dyel "but hey my 1 rep max went up 0.5 kg!"

What's your stats and how do you look? I'm curious

cant remember her name but she is in all the fast and furious movies and she will be playing wonder woman in the new movie coming out soon

jew galdot

average skelleton hype'd by goldberg studio

Continue to be entirely focused on short-term goals if you want. Makes no difference to me.
I don't even care if somebody wants to abandon max testing, but when you totally discount one the most tried and true metrics of progression used by the majority of athletes in strength-focused disciplines since training for strength became a thing as just "something that fat powerlifters do", you make yourself look like a total fool.

Yes, everyone who is studied and formally educated in resistance training is wrong on this one, you are the one who is right.

Who is this jizz wizz?

She'll always be in the shadow of Lynda Carter.

Well if I fail to get 5 reps, say I only get 3... I'll rest for the minimum amount of time it would take me to recover enough ATP to get another rep, say 30 seconds. Then I'll do 1 rep (and it will be very hard). Then I'll rest another 30 seconds and get another rep. It's like "edging" the failure.

In my log, instead of putting down that I managed to get 5 reps, I'll say 3+1+1. Next workout that may turn into 4+1 or I might get all 5. Then I can increase the weight next time.

Apparently some people call these "cluster sets".

You aren't going to deadlift 4x bodyweight.

>all these faggots doing 1rm testing
Lmaoing at your lives

120x5 for ohp
195x5 for bench
265x5 for squat
355x5 deadlift

got 405 on deadlift real real quick like 5 months from nothing, then squat, then ohp, last bench

(You)
Weakling

Kys

I mean that

best post in the thread

I know it's bumper plates, but dropped deadlifts make me feel uneasy as fuck every time.

Just imagining a foot caught under lmao4pl8 and getting mangled from it, jesus christ

That's barely 3 plate.

Don't know why you crossfags are proud of those shity ego plates.

I'd give you a Gold for your post

Hopefully Hiromoot will enable them along with the secret VIP posts

>t. Certified strength coach
Your mom can't certify you as a strength coach, sorry to burst your bubble

Fucking hot

>le fake plates may may
X DDDDDD
Ebin

The bar would have to launch like three feet either way. Sumo is a bit sketchy though

>implying periodization is necessary for bodybuilding

I shit you not, Lynda Carter was the first woman I saw that made me stop and think that she was exceptionally beautiful.

This happened probably when I was a 3 year old toddler who randomly saw a Wonder Woman rerun.

I could barely form coherent thoughts, but I KNEW she was special even at that young age.