Why is this region atypically barbarous? Did they contribute anything to civilization besides Tesla and pointless wars?

Why is this region atypically barbarous? Did they contribute anything to civilization besides Tesla and pointless wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinča_culture
youtube.com/watch?v=ixNT9YAsyXE
youtu.be/4H4i4JcQf6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just another shit hole region of Europe.

i admire the Balkans for the exact reasons you mention. Civilization is subhumanity, barbarity is natural.

balkans used to be cradle of civilization, whereas entire western europe was a total shithole.

thats part of turkish heritage

WE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinča_culture

A lot of late Roman emperors were from this region. Like Diocletian for example.

WUZ

>atypically barbarous
I'd hardly call it that. A quick rundown.
>The border between Croatia and Bosnia being in state of constant war with the Turks. Large parts of Slavonia and Dalmatia are occupied by the Turks
>Some wars later, those parts are liberated by Austrians and Venetians. Venetians take large parts of Dalmatia. Austrians don't return the liberated lands under the jurisdicion of the Croatian ban, but instead turn them into a military march against the Turks
>Said military march was then settled with orthodox Vlachs and run as a military directorate, under different laws from the rest of the Kingdom of Croatia.
>1797, Dalmatia given to Austria, but not reunited with the lands of the Kingdom of Croatia
>Having your country first occupied by Turks, then partitioned with half of it turned into a military march and settled by a foreign culture stifles the progress of Croatia
>Austria at least does shit like build towns, manufactures, universities, and later some railroads, though. Turks do nothing for the occupied lands except taxing the christian population excessively with harač (jizya).
>Napoleonic wars, the Illyrian Provinces get created
>Napoleonic wars end, pretty much status quo ante bellum in Croatia. Still partitioned and with Istria under Magyar (Rijeka) and Austrian (Trst) control
>some time passes
>O SHIT, it's nationalism rolling around.
>The Vlachs identify with Serbs because of orthodox faith. Muslims from Bosnia are in a strange position where they are clearly distinct, though not exactly an ethnicity.
>the demography goes FUBAR, which will cause much of the wars to follow in the Balkans
>Anyway, Serbs rebel (though I don't know the exact year, forgive me) successfully and gain reasonable levels of autonomy. The region is poor as dirt and illiterate because of the former Turkish rule
>The position of Serbia is going to FUBAR the geopolitics of the Balkans once panslavism rolls around, mark my words
Will go on if you're interested

>Why is this region atypically barbarous?
It's not you retard. Have you ever been there? Of course not, you're just an autistic child who gets all his opinions from memes on a melanesian rafting website.

>oldest civilization in the world
>oldest writing in the world
>oldest tin bronze in the world
>A*yans invade
>7000 years of dark ages

serbs and albanians my man, the worst two peoples on earth

Why do so many W*st*rn*rs insist on talking about us? They know nothing about us but keep fucking up shit and pretending they know what's best. At least they're having a nice time watching their women get blacked and wander around in faggot ridden streets with people that solely identify with theit sexuality. Why are they so effeminate?

Where are you from?

A Serbian Film?
Granted most people would not consider that a positive, but still.

>A Serbian Film
That faggot who made the film was a belgian diaspora and on return got the shit kicked out of him in the street for tarnishing the otherwise impressive reputation of filmmaking.

>with orthodox Vlachs

butthurt stable boy detected

>inb4 croatians wuz kingz
>tesla is a croat

this is what Croats honestly believe

>and on return got the shit kicked out of him in the street
woah, so civilized

it went over most everybodys head, both in serbia and the west.

Fuck off faggot the ottomans did build roads bridges bath houses and mosques.
Its not their fault that the barbarian slavs destroyed most of it to get rid of 'turkish influences'.

What's depressing is that /ex-Yu/ had a very good film industry.
youtube.com/watch?v=ixNT9YAsyXE

>slobodan is SEETHING

If someone made a movie in your country that would shit up the image of the whole nation without reason, I guarantee you it would have gotten attention, not to even presume he might have been killed.

Here (you) go

Only the serbs tho. They still have.

Please remove Hrvatska and Slovenija from this pic. They're Central European and not barbaric at all.

I don't agree, although I'll admit we've managed to rack up a good few Oscars, I still enjoy watching Croatian cinema, it's a little more up to date

i agree, emir kusturica is the best croatian film director

and Djokovic is the best croatian tennis player

Ha, here's a Croatian movie
youtu.be/4H4i4JcQf6Y

And what exactly is your criticism? Aside from Bunjevci, the Vlachs who went on to inhabit Vojna Krajina were predominantly orthodox, and later assimilated into the Serbian identity. I don't get your inb4s, either.
>we wuz kingz
Croatia had the status of a kingdom within the Habsburg monarchy. Croatia had the status of a kingdom in the medieval period. The personal union with the Kingdom of Hungary couldn't have happened if Croatia wasn't a kingdom as well. What exactly is your point?
>Tesla is a Croat
Don't particularly care about Tesla's ethnicity, but according to himself, he was both.
If you have something more specific, I'd like to hear it.
>it's a Ottomans were actually good for the Balkans episode

so you still get arrested in croatia for being a serb? Thanks for the movie tho, ill check it out.

Not exactly, the guy's a politicians son in Croatia, he got arrested for singing a nationalist serb song, check it out, it's called Niciji Sin (nobody's son)

The criticism is that like your ex-yugoslavian friends in fyrom, your history is for domestic use only.

>Don't particularly care about Tesla's ethnicity, but according to himself, he was both.

yeah well, croats have always been the worst part of serbdom

>roads bridges
Sure... for the muslims in Albania and Bosnia
>bath houses
Wew like that single one in Serbia? So benevolent of them...
>mosques.
Because every good Christian needs a mosque
>destroyed most of it to get rid of 'turkish influences'.
There was nothing to destroy, other than some ugly ass minarets that still exist in the thousands

>The criticism is that like your ex-yugoslavian friends in fyrom, your history is for domestic use only.
"For domestic use only" would mean either that I've focused on my country, which I admittedly did, since I know the most about it and wouldn't like to make uninformed posts, or that I falsified history, which I didn't.
>yeah well, croats have always been the worst part of serbdom
Croatians are not a part of Serbdom, Garašanin.

Daily reminder Serbs have an average IQ of 89.

>"For domestic use only" would mean either that I've focused on my country, which I admittedly did, since I know the most about it and wouldn't like to make uninformed posts, or that I falsified history, which I didn't.

Whether you like to or not your claim is uninformed and in line with the nationalistic indoctrination all ex-yugoslav states promote these days.
While claiming only vlachs settled the military krajina, who later became serbs because of their faith makes you a good little tudjman, it doesnt resonate with the history taught in developed countries, hence the comparison to fyrom. I understand it is easy to talk about croatian history in your bubble, but please be real when talking to strangers.

kys retard

tst

>heh, I let people shit on my country's image, I'm so enlightened

>we beat people in the street when are feelings are hurt but don't call us barbarous or violent

>only vlachs settled the military krajina, who later became serbs because of their faith
Not a claim I made. I claimed that Vlachs settled Vojna Krajina in significant amounts and that they predominantly assimilated into the Serbian national identity. That doesn't mean that there weren't any Serbians in Vojna Krajina. Naturally, there was a significant amount as a result of running from the Ottomans. But assimilated Vlachs factored in significantly as well.

But go ahead, if I'm wrong, tell me what actually happened.

>people definitely don't get beaten up on the street in the west, they just get mass shot, the civilised way!

>implying I am from the west
>this is the only comeback those "people" have
>the best way to show we are not violent is to beat people that say anything negative about us!

Where are you from? Are you implying that there hasn't been any case of street violence in your country? Some thugs beat the guy up, not the whole nation, keep your asshurt to your self, as well as your ill-perceived "civility"

of course they have, I don't try to act superior like you do tho

*smacks lips*

Nigger muslim and christian lived next to eachother throughout the whole balkans even today bosnia and albania is mixed like, there is literally no way that the ottomans could have discriminated against the christian population in any way aside from taxation.
Also the ottoman empire did build shitload of things like bath houses and other infrastructure but your fags didn't see its importance because you wanted to larp like pure christian slavs who never were influenced by the big bad ottoman.

When did I act superior retard

>trying to negate his arrogant behavior
lmao, dishonest like all its people

I wasn't being arrogant, nice way of shifting the goalposts btw,

You're pulling it out of your ass. But it's a creative way to shift the goalposts i'll tell you that.

>Why is this region atypically barbarous

Its not, not in the slightest, one of the very first wars in the Balkans was the Serbo-Bulgarian war, Bulgaria unified with the artificial province of Eastern Rumelia, created by the Great Powers to check Bulgarias power, making sure any Great Power could use any single country to dominate the Balkans. The Serbs attacked Bulgaria without declaring war, why? Because the Austrian Kaiser didn't like Bulgaria unifying with its southern province. After that Serbia and Bulgaria remained on friendly terms and allied against the Ottomans, dividing the Balkan part of the Ottoman Empire among themselves, but then the Great Powers created Albania out of thin air, Austria annexed Bosnia a year before, and Serbia was left without an Adriatic port and having promised Macedonia to Bulgaria, would gain practically nothing for its war effort, this problem sparked the second balkan war, and the first world war. The Yugoslav war, which i assume you were talking about were another case of European meddling in Balkan affairs, now that the USSR fell, there was no need for the buffer state that was Yugoslavia so the west, alongside the Americans, promising Croatians and Slovenians money and loans if they split form Yugoslavia, caused the Yugoslav war, promising Albanians territory in exchange for drug trafficking and organ smuggling they started the Kosovo war and the Macedonian insurgency. Without external meddling the Balkans would be pretty much at peace.

ILLRYANS

>t. S*rb

The most genetically primitive type of peoples live there.

>atypically
Marginal land always produces barbarians

Polacks tried to liberate them during Crusade of Varna, only Bulgarians joined them.

Austrians tried to cleanse Balkans from subhuman Turk presence after failed Polish attempt and balkanites didn't want to help them.

Russians tried to take Constantinopole back, but Balkanites sucked Turk dick.

They deserve it.

My family calls the Balkans “our little Africa”

Wasnt it because the mixture of different people, hence the term balkanization?

Illyrians were regarded as bloodthirsty, unpredictable, turbulent, and warlike by Greeks and Romans.[25] They were seen as savages on the edge of their world.[26] Polybius (3rd century BC) wrote: "the Romans had freed the Greeks from the enemies of all mankind".[27] According to the Romans, the Illyrians were tall and well-built.[28] Herodianus writes that "Pannonians are tall and strong always ready for a fight and to face danger but slow witted".[29] Livy wrote "...the coasts of Italy destitute of harbours, and, on the right, the Illyrians, Liburnians, and Istrians, nations of savages, and noted in general for piracy, he passed on to the coasts of the Venetians". Illyrian rulers wore bronze torques around their necks.[30]

Lel, what's next? Croats aren't Slavs?
Serbs of Krajina march were Serbs when they came there. Many trace their lineage back to strictly Serb lands. Insisting that they were "just Vlachs" when they first came is ludicrous as every fucking evidence refutes that, from their origins, names and lands they came from. I honestly wonder how succesful your brainlet HAZU propaganda succeeds in drilling such shit into your brains.

Krajina Serbs literally came from Kosovo and Herzegovina ( the Old Herzegovina of the Kosaca with Montenegro ) with their Serb identity, gave notable people in the Habsburg empire before the nationalisms rolled in ( like Sava Tekelija ), and you can be such a brainlet to serioisly think "lel dey wuz just Vlachs not Serbmonkeyz".

>Tesla said he was both Croat and Serb
"I love my Croatian homeland and my Serb people"
Not the same. Kys dumb feggit.

>Implying that Garasanin said Croats are Serbs

Kek. At least read the fucking Nacertanije, you catholic Serb

That's the way to go. West just got pussified.

>Croats aren't Slavs?
Genetically they are, but Serbs aren't.

Im actually Macedonian, there is nothing pro-Serbian in my post, if anything its pro Bulgarian. But its the truth foreign influence put the Balkan states at odds.

>According to the 1712/14 census done in Lika and Krbava,[52] the majority of nobility in Lika consisted of Catholic Croats, while the vast majority of population were Orthodox Vlachs.[53] The Orthodox formed the 71%, while Catholics 29% of population.[54] The statistical categories were minimal to socio-religious and military and economic aspects of the population,[55] but including a list of 713 surnames it is an important source for onomastics, and to comprehend the ethnic identity of the population.[56] The future studies have found that at the beginning of the 20th century only 60-64% of the surnames were preserved, and mostly vanished surnames of the Carniolian origin.[57]
Ok.

Isn't that a good thing?

Good for the Croats sure.