Eye laser surgery

LASEK, TransPRK, LASIK IntraLase and more.

Which did you choose?

I'm afraid of doing LASIK because of the risk of the cornea coming loose when being hit on the face.

Other urls found in this thread:

lasikcomplications.com/index.htm
kremereyecenter.com/eye-care-services-lasik-vision-correction/visian-implantable-contact-lenses/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Having a Lasik surgery was the best decision of my life. You only need to be careful and ready to have dry eyes for a couple of months. Having a perfect vision is magical.

I'd do PRK.

I'm prepared to go through recovery from surgery. The thought of being able to put my hand flat on my face and having all that freedom feels so comfy.

I'm still doubting whether I should get TransPRK or LASIK IntraLase.

I've heard that PRK surgery doesn't have the aftereffect of dry eyes, at least not as often as LASIK.

I've had lasik, and I've even had a couple of shots to the face and I've never had a problem. I think what I had was called "omnilase."

It's amazing, I see better than I ever did with glasses or contacts, better than anyone can naturally. Seriously the world looked fake at first everything was so detailed.

Heard better things about TransPRK, but you should do more research first.

Apparently it doesn't have the same dry-eye issue that Lasik does.

Enjoy your starbursts though

You'll need drops for a little while after lasik, but it goes away.

LASEK if you're into martial arts, no doubt.
Even if the risk is tiny and nothing's gonna happen, you'll always train in fear.

However generally speaking it also depends on what the doctors in your area are specialized on. It's not a good idea to do a PRK when the doctor has little experience with it.

Why would you fuck up one of the most complex and delicate organs you have?

lasikcomplications.com/index.htm

Not that I don't agree that the dangers are grossly underestimated and unmentioned, but I think it's significant that the majority of all media cases linked to it are all pre-2000 patients, with a few rarer ones no more recent than 2005

It's been more than 15 years, we don't do LASIK the same way, there's more than one method that doesn't have nearly the same implications (Like PRK) and we have more ways to counter any complication that might arise.

It's true that private doctors just try to snatch customers without any concern for their safety, but if it was really this kind of absurdly dangerous operation, then you wouldn't be able to get it for free in hospitals.

Plus, a doctor in a public structure has "not being sued" as a priority higher than letting you get the operation, so you can feel even safer.

Of course if you live in places like America you're fucked since your only option is incompetent money-grubbing jews, on top of probably costing you a 50 years mortgage on your mom's life.

I had FemtoLASIK surgery. Since the operation I've hit my head, scratched my eye and had shampoo in it. The flap (cornea as you incorrectly said) didn't come off.
Got back in the gym after 3 weeks

Don't dot it! I did it. I have a lot of problem now.

If you like martial arts It's over.
If you like video games internet movie it's over.
If you like beach It's over.
If you like rub your eyes It's over.

Be ready to have dry eyes every morning. Don't be stupid like me!

did it a few years ago cost about $3000
first week after was hell extremely painful
since then i gotta wear sunglasses pretty much at all times when outside

I had PRK and I can easily say 2 things: It is the best thing I have ever done in my life, having perfect vision is better than you might think. And the second is that it was one of the most painful things I have ever done. 3 days of pure pain and sitting in my closet to avoid any source of light. I don't know if I was just a big pussy, extra sensitive, or its like that for everyone. With regular Lasik you are back at work the same day, but like others have said there are some extra risks or complications.

Either way, you should do it. Even if its painful.

How do I protect my 20/20 vision, Veeky Forums?

20 minutes of staring at men's asses every day

stay away from mark wahlberg

By posting more frog pictures to Laotian soap puppet carving enthusiast sites

I had ICL done (implantable contact lenses). Best decision of my life. I wish I did it 15 years earlier. I'm a computer engineer and in front of the screen all day. No issues at all yet 3 years after.

Here is a link for more info. If you aren't squeamish about eyes, search youtube.

kremereyecenter.com/eye-care-services-lasik-vision-correction/visian-implantable-contact-lenses/

PROS:
+ It is reversible. If for some reason your body rejects the lenses, you can take them out.
+ If your Rx changes, you can have the procedure again and put a different lens in.
+ LASIK permanently removes tissue from the eye surface. ICL does not.
+ You can opt for general anesthesia (this was a huge deciding factor for me). I am a huge pussy when it comes to touching my eyeballs. I can't get regular contacts in. I cringe and tear up watching other people touch their own eyeballs.
+ Built in UV protection.

CONS:
- It's more expensive. ICL was around $8k. Regular LASIK was ~$3.5k
- The procedure is much more invasive.
- Recovery time was longer. It's true that I could see right after I woke up, but the incisions made peripheral vision pretty blurry. You won't be able to drive yourself home. I took two days off work. After 3 days, I probably felt 80%. It was over a month of the daily eye drops before I felt back to 100%.
- Night time driving is less comfortable. Minor halos but not too bad. High beams really kill my eyes. They are super sensitive to bright lights.

kek

>I'm a computer engineer and in front of the screen all day. No issues at all yet 3 years after.

>They are super sensitive to bright lights.

What problems have you had?

Why would it stop you doing martial arts?

after watching the scene in your pic in 3D, I swore off laser surgery forever. I swore off watching 3d gore movies, too