Food tips

I have read the sticky.

I'm trying to lose weight but I don't know how to diet properly. I can't hit 2000cals. Part of that is me being bad at cooking but also not knowing the correct foods. Everything is bad in some way. I end up eating canned soup and fruit because I don't know what else I can make that is simple enough for me. I can do light exercise all right, I don't think I'll be able to go to the gym though, too autistic. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Re-read the sticky

I have. Pretty much all of the specific foods listed require you to be a master chef.

This

But I did.

cooking is not even a fraction as hard as you make it out to be. stop fonding excuses, just try it. if you fuck up, try again. till you don't fuck up again.

what CAN you cook already?

>What are you looking at son ?

Do you have a crockpot/slowcooker?

Toast, microwaveable stuff, things with instructions that go into the oven. Most of those are unhealthy as far as I know.

I think so

what would be something you would want to be able to cook?

Salad, possibly chicken, anything healthy I guess.

Throwing some chicken in a pan and broccoli in a pot means you're a master chef?

Here are things that are low calorie, nutritionally sense, inexpensive, and can be cooked in a crockpot.

Oats
Meat and veggie soup

I stopped my list at two. That's all you need.

Breakfast: oats, a piece of fruit, some nuts, tea or coffee

Lunch: peanut butter sandwich, more fruit, glass of milk

Dinner: soup with LOTS of meat and veggies, with bread to sop up the broth

Are any of these things you don't know how to make?

It's not hard you just heat the food until it's not raw and keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. Specially with simple stuff like chicken and vegetables. Stop making excuses

>buy can of beans
>empty can into pan, add some water
>maek warm, no boil
>move beans to plate, add a little salt if you want
>eat

Cooking skill +1

This morning I ate porridge/oats (not sure because I'm a retard) and for lunch I had carrot&coriander soup+3 slices of melon.

For what I can make:

Oats I have a basic understanding, I microwave them with some almond milk to make porridge. I have fruit and I can make green tea. I wouldn't be sure what nuts to eat.

I've never had peanut butter, what type of bread is it in?

I can't make my own soup. Is canned soup enough?

Put a bit of olive oil in a pan. Sautee onions and minced garlic in oil till it is brown. Salt and pepper your chicken thighs. Put chicken thighs in olive oil with the garlic and onions. Flip every once in a while. Cook until it is not pink in the middle. Steam broccoli in the microwave. Decent tasting chicken and broccoli done.

Do this till you can't fuck it up.

For breakfast oatmeal. Just boil water and add oats and some salt or some sugar. Depends if you like it sweet or savory.

>For breakfast oatmeal. Just boil water and add oats and some salt or some sugar. Depends if you like it sweet or savory.

Sounds like I didn't add water or salt/sugar

if you can't cook for yourself you are either underage or autistic desu. Literally just google "how to make x" and you can find videos that will walk you through, step-by-step, how to make anything you can imagine. As for what to eat, look at the nutrition facts you mong. .8 to 1g of protein per pound of body mass, fill the rest of your kcals with a balance of carbs and fats.

I'm autistic

Honestly even if you are you can probably still manage most recipes. The key is to google shit, then just do it.

You're just retarded.

Any nuts are fine. Peanuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans, they're all good.

Peanut butter is a spread made from crushed peanuts. Put it on plain white bread as a sandwich. Are you not in the US?

For soup, just plug in the crockpot, add meat and a spoonful or two of olive oil or canola oil. Add some salt and pepper and any other spices you like. If it doesn't taste good use less. If that doesn't work use more. Add chopped veggies, like cabbage, tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots, etc.

Pour in water until it's about 3/4 full. Let it sit a few hours until it smells good. Turn it off. Eat some with bread, put the rest in the fridge until next meal.

>Any nuts are fine. Peanuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans, they're all good.
Source? I need to learn about nuts.