Worryingly Low Beginning Numbers?

I understand it takes hard work and time to up your lifts, but it seems that what I can currently lift, as a complete beginner, is way below then what other beginners can lift. I can only squat about 70 (yes, including the bar), and even that is a struggle. I am fairly sure my form is correct. I can bench about 90, and not sure what I can deadlift as the last time I tried I wasn't doing it properly so I gave up.

I don't want to make this seem like I'm moping around and expecting results after ~4 workouts, but should I be worried about this and see a doctor or something or just keep pushing myself.

I am 5'11 160.

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw
youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some people start weaker, don't worry about it. I started rather strong because I played sports and did shitty work outs at home since I was like 10

it doesnt matter

first few workouts is your brain and muscles reacting to new stimulus, they literallly dont know what the fuck is going on and how to react to it.

Make your form good and train.

My lifts werent that much better 4 months ago when i was beginning and im 6'2" and was 200lbs back then.

>i am fairly sure my form is correct
your first mistake, dont make it your last one.
It needs to be perfect, and this takes many months if not years

When I started I couldn't bench the bar.

Sack up son

I had to start benching with EZ-bar. Couldn't do 5 reps with a regular oly bar.

don't worry about your beginning numbers friend, especially since it sounds like you weren't leading a very active lifestyle before. You'll see real progress in the first 2 months if you follow your plan. It's normal for the first couple of weeks to feel very awkward.

I benched 45lbs, squatted 45lbs, deadlifted 95lbs, and ohp'd 45lbs when I first started. I'm including the bar in those weights.

But yeah go see a doctor and ask him to check your estrogen levels, because they're clearly off the charts. You acting like a bitch bruh.

Alright, guys thx for the reassurance.
will watch more youtube vids on form and try to adjust each time then.

what did he mean by this

yes i spent most of my time laying on the bed dicking around on my laptop. I would only do pushups, which i guess explains why my bench is so much higher than other lifts

ok settle down lad, I'll keep at it

best video about squats and deadlift that hellped me is chris duffin with supertraining

def. check this out
it explains perfectly how to brace your core, which has carry over to every llift you willl do
youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw

thx i bookmarked it, will give it a watch later

heres the vid I used to get an idea of what the proper form is

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM

its good too, but i find chris duffin cues better and more understandable

varies from person to person

Keep on mate, it is not your starting point but how far you can go that matters

Try to understand what kind of body you have, since everyone has it different. What proportions your femurs, torso, legs have, these can't be changed, you have to adjust your form depending on these constants. Something which you can change is your mobility, if you have never squatted before you probably have tightness in some areas which needs to be dealt by stretching.

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

Nah I wouldn't worry about it. It may seem something to be self-conscious about but try not to think about it. Just keep this in mind, everyone has to start somewhere so just focus on your own progression because you will go up.

If you're feeling sore he next day just keep doing what you're doing.

Sore = gains

Make sure you're eating enough since you seem pretty skelly mode for 5'11

i don't know your life, but i basically spent my adolescent years masturbating and playing solitaire on the computer. never lifted, never ate healthy, just solitude and being sedentary.

now at the age of 25 (almost 26) i finally decided to lift something and it was embarrassing, but it should only take a couple months before you're around regular newb levels. it's nice because by that point you'll have realized that you're making progress and won't be so put off by your low numbers.

Practice flexing your muscles. Mind muscle connection is the first and foremost important part about any weight training. You can't have proper form, progression, overloading, etc. if you don't know how to properly flex and utilize you muscles.

Your numbers aren't that bad. I started lower and I hit 1/2/3 after months. My deadlift was shit for a long time, stalling a 2.5pl8. Wanna know why? Same mind-muscle connection. Didn't understand how to correctly engage my back, specifically my lats. In 3 weeks after learning to properly use my back muscles, my deadlift increased 1pl8, nearing 4pl8 finally.

Practice flexing wherever you are and your numbers will increase exponentially til you exhaust those noob gains.

I only bench about 1pl8, and more often I just use 90 because I have a better mind/muscle connection.

Ironically I get more sore using strict form at low weight than I do heavy weight with meh form and meh mind/muscle connection.

The weight - TO SOME EXTENT - does not matter. Using the correct muscles matters much more.

pls elaborate on this anonkun

When I started I did 40 55 75 115

If you weren't athletic before lifting you shouldn't expect much starting out. Just don't give up, use proper form, and you will rapidly improve

Also all the people here who say they started at 135 bench and got to 225 for 5 in six months are lying

interesting video, fortunately i dont think i have abnormal proportions which would indicate that im just a weak shit