>dumbbells fucking everywhere
>sweat literally everywhere
>gum on the barbell

MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD CAN THIS PLEASE JUST BE OVER ALREADY

Give it a couple more weeks. It's all over soon senpai

what fucking gym are you even using OP

sounds like a nightmare

bump

I almost envy you guys with all your gym stories to distract you in between sets.
I go to a small gym where there's barely anyone and most people are 50+.
At least I almost never have to wait to use anything.

Where the fuck do you live? Most gyms have cleared out by now.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Did we get a New Years Resolutioners comic yet this year?

same m8, which gym?

I always time my gym breaks and take off from lifting in January, it means that I miss most of the New Years Resolutioners

>don't put weights back in the right place
>guys doing nothing but curls
>guys acting tough when they bench 95lbs three times
>girls using up the squat racks to just squat the bar
>people playing music through their phone speakers

Y M C A
M
C
A

i truly believe that the general pop. think that if they do all this shit to 'get in the zone' or whatever combination of broscience bullshit that they will end up shredded.
the worst sins are the most basic: return the equipment to its rightful place, and misusing equipment.

EVen yesterday my gym was full of groups of 'dancer' girls who come in in a full face of makeup, tight ass yoga pants, and squat the bar for ten sets each.

same here. there's like 2 guys there whenever i go who are around my age and they just do their workouts and leave, everyone else is old and don't do anything interesting. however i've only ever had to wait for a rack once

I go to an LA fitness and have never seen NYR crowd. I have seen an increase of gym membership so yeah I guess some of them are NYR but they're not retarded.

Then again I go at around 8pm so the gym is usually emptying out around then.

don't go between 4.30-8.00. It has the crowd just finishing work

>come to the gym in makeup
fucking instagram whores

and employee told me that some dude came into my gym with his laptop and started doing P90X

>people benching and pressing 20 lb dumbbells when I need to lat raises, even though we have a ton of fixed weight bars the could use
>people doing sets of 500 reps of 200 pound assisted dips and pullups on both dip towers
>people doing way too many or two few reps on everything and never adjusting
>teenagers benching 105 with 6 tens so I have to go steal tens from another part of the gym

Turnover is slow, so once daily is enough and timing doesn't matter. Throw it in with the protein.
>people taking more than one pair of DBs at a time
>people leaving their towels and bags on equipment they aren't using
>people whoput plates back on the rack randomly

Some of this shit is just lack of experience but god damn, how stupid and rude can you be

Yesterday was bad.

>literally every bar is being used
>work in with another squat rack user, meanwhile two sorority girls are wasting time in the cage doing no weight 1/4 ROM barbell squats
>girl and trainer doing deadlifts DIRECTLY in front of the rack so I have to awkwardly move around them
>even though there's fucking plenty of room in front of the Incline benches that is out of the way of traffic
>3 pajeets circlejerk one bench
>another used by old black man who takes 5+ minute rests between each set
>final one is being used by a guy fucking curling
>have to wait 10 minutes for one of them to finish
>some fucking gains goblin tries to grab it even though I'd be waiting longer
>free weights fucking everywhere
>dumbbells and easy curl bars everywhere

I fucking hate new years

Jesus christ this is what I get for phone posting

My gym was utterly rammed today
Also there was a class taking up a ton of shit including the dip bars
Had to dip on the assisted machine
Chest fly machine broken
Shoulder acting up while benching

Fuck january

>EVen yesterday my gym was full of groups of 'dancer' girls who come in in a full face of makeup, tight ass yoga pants, and squat the bar for ten sets each.

can we PLEASE talk about this. I'm pretty sure the vapid thot invasion is my least favorite part of new year's

> girls doing retarded aerobics in the cable area
> girls quarter-squatting the 35lb bars
> treating the freeweight benches like a damn dance floor
> I've probably unwillingly photobombed at least 40 instagram selfies
> mfw I lift at 6h30am and it's too early for terminal basic bitchery

>go to uni gym today
>2 dyels are doing a 5lb barbell curl and barbell forearm curl superset in the rack

you can't make this shit up, i need january to leave

One thing that pisses me off more than anything is girls who use the dip/pullup machine for a leg press. IT'S NOT DOING ANYTHING YOURE JUST WASTING TIME I don't need the assistance pat but I'd rather be polite and use that so I'm not taking up a cable machine just for pullups.

I usually go at 9PM, and there's typically only an old Asian couple there, but last night royally sucked. Probably one of the most obnoxious group of people I've seen in a while
>Guy walks in with two girls that were meh
>One looked like she could be his sister
>All three of them were skinny fat
>The guy isn't wearing shoes and is in a tank top
>Uses the aux cable to play 2000 era songs from like breaking Benjamin or fallout boy
>Starts doing kipping pull-ups in the cable machine while the girls block the main aisle (very small gym) by doing weighted lunges and some weird step up routine
>Inbetween sets, the guy will go to a machine and start using it incorrectly while slamming the plates down, eventually chipping one
>He ended up tipping the leg curl machine over by sprinting and jumping on to it
> Girls follow me around, doing random shit while I workout
>Guy tries getting their attention by doing handstands and shit, generally looking like a try hard fag
They left before I finished my workout, but holy shit was that annoying. My gym crush came in a little later, so the night wasn't a total loss.

I also go to LA fitness, this is the first year I've really noticed the NYR crowd being bad. It's mostly just fat people taking up all the cardio equipment fortunately, although the packs of 3-4 skinny 16 year olds in stringers are out in full force.

u danish?

>taking more than one set of dumbbells

Understandable if they're drop setting

Nah, French/Dutch.

>full face of makeup, tight ass yoga pants, and squat the bar for ten sets each
Only the dead can know peace from this feel.
I can understand girls who are weak and just squat the bar. It's unfortunate, but sometimes it happens. What I can not stand are these women who don't want to push themselves and spend 30 minutes on a piece of equipment lifting probably %50 of their 1RM. I know for a FACT you are not struggling with that 10lb dumbbell bench. And unironically barbell hip thrusting 45lb will do nothing for you, you are wasting a bench and bar at the same time just so you can act sexual in a place of self improvement.

Yes. It was up for like 10 days.

Went to the gym at 9 pm last night to avoid them. PACKED. Just can't win. Don't know how to proceed.

year olds meanmugging you

thats what that was? I thought they looked terrified

all y'all complaining about females in makeup and pants you can see their butt in are gay as hell. eye banging women raises testosterone for max PR

>all y'all complaining about females in makeup and pants you can see their butt in are gay as hell

>people really think this

tfw

>6 cardio bunnys moving in a team from the leg press to the leg extension

>dyel guy doing dumbell curls like hes trying to uppercut himself

>3 cardio bunnys using curl barbells to do some fitness-tape-esque workout routine and taking up the entire floor where deadlifts are done

>some guy standing next to 3pl8 barbell resting on bottom of squat rack for 15 minutes *talking to* his spotter whos clearly not interested, instead of pulling off plates and bringing it to the hooks like a normal person he insists on them lifting them up to the top rung one at a time

>bunch of guys bringing their gfs to the gym for the first time and leaving them at the machines while they do their routine

>people leaving weighted barbells on bench press and leaving gym left and right

cant wait until I get a home gym

>Do cardio five days a week for a year and a half
>Finally decide to enter a nearby gym
>Got a subscription last week
>Have only done shit in the treadmills and bicycles
>Fumbled around when I first dared to go to the weights area
>Only did curls and only later when I went home did I find out that my form was all wrong
>tfw people think I'm a New Year's Resolutioner

You are

If 14 year olds are mean mugging you, you're small as fuck.

there's a new guy at my gym who works out with his gf and mad dogs every guy but maxes out at about a 90 lb bench. I just feel bad for him desu.

cardio kills the gainz

Faggot probably goes to goodlife

Kill yourself

MAD kek,

Also cardio everyday? Wtf yo lift you lil bitch

I forgot to mention that I do 30 pushups and 30 squats before and after I do my cardio.

>tfw teenagers everywhere in the gym
>tfw everything being used

I don't even want to go for at least another few weeks that way these fags will hopefully quit

Hate to break it to you but you're basically starting from zero as far as strength is concerned. Luckily your work capacity should be pretty good from all that cardio.

>Only did curls and only later when I went home did I find out that my form was all wrong

How do you screw up curls of all things? Also read the wiki

everybody starts somewhere, and good cardiovascular strength is super helpful for work capacity and recovery

>going to goodlife

full of roiders

>2017
>P90X

Do they even sell that anymore?

they just released the third version P90X-3

Yes exactly, you feel bad for him, but you don't go around making threads about him because he's so intimidating.

absolute madman

I cut from 295 - 180, was just about ready to start hitting the gym, decided jan would be a bad time.

I got a large chunk of my noob gains from p90x, it's actually a decent program if you have the weights to supplement it.

Yeah, have to start with 10kg/lb (idk, they're not specified) dumbbells. Have to work my way up from there.

i've seen this

Im not saying its bad. Ive downloaded their dvds to see what its about and I found it fun to do and nothing wrong with what they get you to do.

But I havent really come across it for a few years now.

Thanks to those subs your gym stays in business for the rest of the year.

Lol no most people go to my gym for the pool and basketball/tennis courts

god dammit thats a sweet ol rump roast

Homegym here, nothing ever happens, l don't even bother taking care of the spiders anymore, l lift in my garage at -10 C and the only thing that keeps me warm during winter is a picture of my waifu and Veeky Forums

my old gym was pathetic. there were some strength oriented guys who clearly knew what to do but most of it was those guys you see who always seem to use dumbbells and have that kind of flat rigid tricep look that indicates the very beginning of gains.

when i was still a weak fuck i outlifted almost all of them. sometimes i use free passes i get through te door to abuse the steam room and jacuzzi (yeah, it was that type of gym). whenever i do a make a point of treating them to a nice spectacle of my clean and presses and my heavy squat triples. love the look on their face when they see squatting a bar bender and then attempt to make themselves look tough by banging around weights and shit after i'm done. hilarious.

this, except my garage only getd as cold as about -5C in the dead of winter. in summer it gets nice and hot (white metal garage door faces the south sun and gets beat on and acts as a massive radiator). love that shit, getting to have sweaty hot workouts.

hate training in the cold, my ROM is never as good and sometimes costs me reps. used to have a heater but it broke. i need like 15 minutes just to hit proper depth in the squats in winter.

>go into gym
>weights still left on barbells even though no one is using them
>weights all over the floor
>crowded af
>takes nearly 2 hours to finish my workout
I-I am so happy more people are taking the opportunity to better themselves...

It could be worse friend, you could be me. Stuck on the cardio floor doing push-ups because the weight floor is fucking intimidating. My college gym always has a glut of people down there and it's especially bad now. It's difficult to figure out where everything is, and it's bad enough that I have to fight for a fucking elliptical. I WANT TO LIFT SO BADLY!

>30 pushups
>30 squats
>30 sit-ups
>3km run
>EVERY DAY

Nothing stopping you. Who dares, wins.

100 pushups
100 squats
100 situps
10k run every day

>I am Saitma

this happened today

dude literally takes every single plate in the gym and then proceeds to stand there on his phone

didn't even attempt the fucking lift

>roastie sets up a mat to do leg floppers next to my bar
>grey leggings hiked up so far her camel toe is more like a moose knuckle

Was very nice

I so badly want to go to the gym but im so afraid of being lumped in as a nye'er. im not even in that bad of shape I just let my self go a little.

how long do I have to wait? till summer?

maybe you should stop going to planet fitness

I doubt that, he must have hit it otherwise why bother

why didn't you say anything

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, stood there and waited for him to lift it but he just stood there for like 5 minutes on his phone.

Looking back I probably should have said something because he'd have hurt himself, but fuck that.

Can someone draw exactly what OP described? That sounds fucking hilarious
>gum on the barbell
>14 year olds meanmugging you

FUCKING KEK

>fartlek progression run
>trails completely empty, as they are every day every winter
>no interruption
>no delay
>just working out
>finish 9mi workout with exceptional pace
>do flexibility and strength bw training at my house
>half marathon season coming up
>going to beat that 1:20:00 benchmark like a fucking boss

How does it feel to know you could have this?

>new year resolutioners come in
>still able to workout without any trouble
>DYELs mirin
>new girls eye raping you

Isn't this the best time ever to lift?

>using a gym

top lel

>bait

>complaining about women in yoga pants
Pence wants to have a chat with you

I've see a lot of crazy shit this year but I recall this one:

I saw a girl using a 20lb dumbell as a "table" for a laptop holy shit

of course no gains for her

pic related

There's a bunch of out of shape indian girls at my gym now. My gym is literally next to an Indian prayer building, an indiam restaurant, and an Indian grocery.

The crowds don't bother me as much as the lack if a gym crush. Too many stacies and not enough girls who are visibly out there like me

>it just gets worse.jpg
what did he mean by this? No seriously, what DID he mean by this? "Something.jpg" was used when people were referring to some specific image everyone would recognize from the filename, which fit the situation. Such as "trollface.jpg" or more recently, "costanza.jpg". These days people just put .jpg or .exe etc after random sentences since they think that's just how things work here

Sad

kek

same thing happened to me. Guy had 3 plates on the squat rack and just talked at some dude through two sets (one for the guy using the other squat rack that I was waiting for and then my set).

we I finished he just did a 1 rep and then left

FUCK RESOLUTIONERS THE PARKING LOT USED TO BE ALWAYS VACANT AND HIDDEN FROM THE ROAD BUT BECAUSE OF THESE RESOLUTIONERS I HAVE NOWHERE TO SMOKE WEED BETWEEN CLASSES.

>too nervous to go to them as beginner
Do I go at 6 am? No one will be there but me and like 4 other people right?
I just want to lift but I'm fat and new

Is it worth it to just buy your own power rack? I'm considering just to save me the time of driving to the gym.

Go early in the morning. I go at 7, and there's barely anyone there.

I just started going to the gym last week. I have a pretty small gym, I went there on Friday at 9PM, and literally no one was there (I was banking on that because it was Friday night, and people are probably doing other stuff).

Then I went yesterday when there were people and it wasn't bad, everyone ignored me and did their own thing while I did my shitty beginner workout. I'm going back tomorrow.

Just go late on a Friday like I did. Probably will be less of a crowd. Once you're there and doing your exercises, you'll realize it's actually not that scary at all, and you'll feel dumb for being afraid of it.

>sudden influx of gymfags
>3-4 gymgals I see everyday

I have mixed feelings.

I like the medics and stretcher in bottom right. Lol

I go to a university and the gym is full with girls and the weight floor is nothing but muscular regulars and I end up waiting for weights or having someone wait on me and get nervous.

It opens at 6 am so I'm hoping no one goes.

I would go Friday night but they close early because students run it and they want to go to parties.

>tfw poo in loos everywhere
Get off the fucking squat rack, don't jack my bench when I go to get another pl8, don't come to the urinal right next to me when all the other ones are open, don't park your shitty minivans next to me in the otherwise parking lot, don't fucking wear your Bluetooth headsets and do tell people how to fix windows while you're at the gym, just get the fuck out

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What I would give for this. My gym is like a fucking Mall on black Friday. I'm canceling my membership next week.

Canada bruh?

dont be intimidated about going to the gym. just get a routine, watch a quick youtube of the exercise youre about to do. use low weight and focus on your form.
you blend in the best when you are doing proper form. i cant stress enough to watch a youtube before each exercise
and no one is paying attention to your weight. start small so you dont sacrifice form