Daily reminder

Daily reminder

What? That's a perfectly respectable toilet.

He was too busy killing barbarians (Saxons)

This triggers the soyboy.

>he doesn't know about velvet and cushions

What is a throne but a plank covered with velvet

bruh... look at this dude...

Perhaps different cultures have different perceptions of thrones and their importance.

Obviously Charlemagne had the money and power to build an entire gigantic golden throne if he wanted to, but he didn't. Why? Because it wasn't important to him or his position.

What ruler(in your opinion) had the most pimp throne?

If any of you hunchback'd retards had any clue, you'd know how impractical it is to sit up straight on a chair that's huge with a giant back piece like 99% of chairs have today. Posture would be better if chairs still looked like or instead of pic related .

also he didn't need it
Nobody was even going to dare question Charlemagne's right to rule
It's more often than not the weak monarchs that have something to prove that go full extravagant, look at all those african dictators and the bullshit they pulled.

What's wrong with it?

>According to one modern theory, the marble and the steps were taken from the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem around 800. Another (unverified) interpretation claims they are the steps of Pilate's palace, which Jesus climbed up after he was whipped.[2] There are fine, incised lines on one of the two side-plates, which served as the board for an ancient game of Nine Men's Morris. The back plate shows an early depiction of the crucifixion.[3] Based on the surface treatment and the presence of etchings from several eras of pagan and Christian themes, it can be concluded that when the plates were installed here, they had belonged to at least two contexts already.[2]

What is this? A Magpie's throne?

that looks uncomfortable, do you figure he used a pillow?

Cover it put this some nice blankets and a cushion and its perfectly fine.
Dude probably only sat on it once a week or so, he was a busy guy. Crowns and throne rooms are overrated/romanticized, they were purely symbolic and not at all part of daily life for 95% of monarchs...

Can this be a general throne thread?

the crown of castile can be in your pocket.

Not as opulent as I expected

Charlemagne ruled from the back of a horse, he didn't need to have an oppulent throne.

How can these guys use a throne with no ottoman? I need to put my feet up if I use a chair

Because it folds?
Probably had a blanket on it, anyway most of his reign was campaigning so why worry

manlet

I'm actually 6'2". I just find it uncomfortable

I know where the art designers for Return of the King got their ideas from now

>austere
>does not try to compete with god's splendor
>utilitarian
>solid construction
>light weight for portability
literally nothing wrong here

A throne for a real Chad, if you need something extravagant to make people know you're the one in charge then you're not really a good leader.

So this is the power of Western Europe....