I don't mean to sound ungreatful

i don't mean to sound ungreatful

the the sticky said to change your routine every once in a while to keep the muscles confused, is this a fucking meme?

Yes

yeah it's a meme unless you're doing calisthenics and don't have weight

OF COURSE YOU NEED TO CONFUSE THE BODY! YOU GOTTA DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!

No, you'll hit a plateau if you do the exact same routine for too long. Switch up the weights and exercises every 2-3 months imo.

/thread

Yes.

i've been doing PPL for almost a year and made OK gains, occasionally i switch bench for incline DB and deadlifts for rackpulls

>not assigning calculus 3 and quantum mechanics homework every night to confuse the muscles for MAXIMUM GAINS
it's like you don't wanna make it or something

But then how do I get my Bench, Squat, and DL goals?

Do variations

If you're making consistent progress then it's fine to stick with a program. I would, however, suggest switching up the exercises for any given muscle group every 1/4 workout or so to shock the muscles. This is also complete speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

Incorporate dumbbell bench press (incline, horizontal and decline), dumbbell flies, and repeat with the barbell variations.

tension goes to the muscle no matter how the fuck you lift the weight

this is a fucking bullshit

like a faggot ass body builder?

To confuse your muscles you loudly declare I AM GOING TO BENCH but you squat instead.

Anyone have any non-ableist suggestions? This won't work for me, my muscles are deaf.

Yup. Or, if you prefer to phrase it this way, the non-fatass-disgusting looking powerlifter way.

Yeah or, you know, people who play sports

t. triggered dyel faggots who aren't even at 3/4/5/6

t. gymcel at maximum cope

it's not true

Yes confusing your muscles are extremely important for long term muscle growth. The best way to keep the muscles confused is to go with a friend. Have your friend load up the squat rack while you load up the bench press.

Then get ready to do your first squat/bench. But before you do immediately stop and sprint towards the other machine shouting "chest day" the entire time. Your friend should do the same except yell "leg day". That way the muscle groups will still believe you're doing chest/eg day.

When you confuse your muscles the tender non-workouted out one's become available instead of the one's you already normally work out.

Me and my friend have been doing this for a while and our gains have been enormous. Pretty much everyone in the gym is intimidated by our lifts.

Do the hand signing then..