Weaponized autism time

There is 4.87 bitcoin in this image. It's been an unsolved puzzle for years now. Can we do it /biz 1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/OSpEZtA.jpg
twitter.com/coin_artist/status/583979278238359552
github.com/jcjohnson/neural-style
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masquerade_(book)
blockchain.info/address/1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd
youtu.be/Wd0_K0fqGVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Numbers...I DONT SEE THE NUMBERS AAAAAAAAAAAAA

It looks like Acid blotter paper.

QUICK, TAKE 20 HITS AND SEE WHAT IT SAYS!!!

Alright, so this definitely has something to do with Shakespeare's poem The Phoenix and the turtle.

>screenshot
>uploaded to Veeky Forums
Well there goes all the clues. Especially if hiding in the exif data. And assuming this isn't completely false

Wait, this is an actual painting or something electronic painting? If it's an upload of a real painting, we can find the original and just find the difference between the two to narrow it down massively

Fucks sake, yo. Learn to reverse search.

kinda looks like it's supposed to be a QR code but obfuscated

I was helping you assholes. You do the leg work while I do the thinking. Now get back to work wagie, where is the image from

Nah, your a million miles off user. The background is a chess board. Also, the image is probably only half relevant. The binary within the file is probably more important

>There is 4.87 bitcoin in this image.
I don't get this.
Can someone explain?

I did whore
Link to original
i.imgur.com/OSpEZtA.jpg

some unsolved ARG from 2015
twitter.com/coin_artist/status/583979278238359552

reverse image search to find the original then, sherlock.

I think it would be cooler if the image is a QR code or something tho... Like if you greyscale it and pixelate it and then put parts of it on itself or something, maybe it'll show a QR code to the wallet?

there are 16 leaves in the picture
not sure if relevant

its not a chess board, its 9x7

Hearts remote, yet not asunder;
Distance, and no space was seen
'Twixt the turtle and his queen;
But in them it were a wonder.

So between them love did shine,
That the turtle saw his right
Flaming in the phoenix' sight:
Either was the other's mine.

So the space between the doves chest and the queen seems to be important its blue unlike the rest of the chessboard.

Also here is the original file with the original filename.

the original image posted to twitter

i remember this. I figured the chessboard was the key. its a 7x9 board, rather than an 8x8. Chess Opening is expressed in letter/number combinations. But i never really got anywhere with it. I also thing the number of BTC itself is probably significant. 4.87 is almost certainly not a random number.

you dont know what a chessboard looks like

hmm
17 ivy leaves
6 red ribbons
16 black tiles
6 blue tiles
16 white tiles
Knights are placed 2 spaces from the side in chess
Queens are worth 15 card wise

the things that are interesting. the border cubes the flaming queen the swan and the triangle at its base. And whatever has the ribbons hard to say what that is.

>4.87
It could have been a $5k flat in bit coins when it was first created, so this number is likely not relevant

Don't lead yourself in dead ends user. Try and figure out what the cipher may first be before analyzing it. For all you know the imagine is pointless, and the binary inside it is the key

I bet the length and/or color of the flames along the border has some significance. My autism levels are not strong enough to decipher, but I felt a tingle and I can't stop looking at them. Some sort of binary/hexidecimal tom-foolery?

If its a QR code put through something like this:

github.com/jcjohnson/neural-style

we have no chance. its impossible

FO or F0 is written on the dove's right wing. FO in old English means "I take".

So between them love did shine,
That the turtle saw his right
Flaming in the phoenix' sight:
Either was the other's mine.

maybe something to do with the phoenix eye's, the direction it's looking at, or the dove's right side.

well wouldn't it be a private wallet? and if thats the case doesn't that mean the numbers are apart of the code and the birds and pieces are the letters?

Some more info:
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.0
Here is the address to the wallet:
1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd

This certainly looks like a QR code but when was that image created? I thought QR codes didn't come about for a bit after the genesis, am I wrong? As far as the binary for the image goes what would you do to best analyze that aspect of it?

Has anyone got a link to the previous 3.5 puzzle solution?
I can just see mentions of a 32 page pdf but its a dead link

>1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd
the start of that address though

orange/green/blue/yellow
there are no orange/yellow flames, and no blue/green flames

orange/green
yellow/green
orange/blue
yellow/blue

Alright you autistic faggots, i've heard enough of your retarded guesses. Here is how we are going to solve this painting:

>The Binary Team
The data of the image may contain the clues. However, the image was uploaded to twitter, which performs lossly compression in images. If it can be determined that the image went through compression and that the twitter user knows this fact, then we have severely reduced the complexity of the cipher, as the image itself, and not any of the pixels or the underlying data, contains the solution

>The Literature Team
The image itself is fairly simple. We can see virtually all of the elements clearly (the birds, squares, chess pieces, leaves, branches, outside border etc.) If any of the elements strongly resembles a book from literature, we may have a book cipher on our hands, and the number of elements may lead us in the direction

>The Social Media Team
The twitter user posted this on twitter, so perhaps he accidentally slipped a clue into there. Perhaps he recently viewed other art that may have been the inspiration for this painting and may contain the clues. Perhaps there is evidence that he is a memelord, and found a permanently inactive wallet, knowing that no user would ever claim the reward since there is none

Now go anons! This is the one chance for Veeky Forums to become more than low IQ coin zombies. Its to prove that Veeky Forums actually has the raw skill to expertly invest in coins and make money! Good Luck and God Speed!

If my thought process is going somewhere the qr code is found in the flame right above the burning queen. And the red squares along with the phoenix's neck. Also the bottom of the queen seems to be part of a qr code

The uncompressed/original image is on imgur
it was posted in this thread again

Are there any other images by this artist that are similar? And what sort of process was involved in finding the key for them?

Then there is a qr to a source code in the image.

>the complexity of the cipher, as the image itself, and not any of the pixels or the underlying data, contains the solution.

or they downloaded the picture after uploading it and selected the integer from the compressed version

Wait a second
What's the point in discovering this if any or one by some miracle figures this out he won't share it anyway despite probably getting a clue from someone here

because it will make us all feel warm and fuzzy inside

Before any of you get too locked into to trying to solve it, consider reading up on this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masquerade_(book)

This was a similar hidden message in a picture book that directed you to a location to get a valuable prize. The logic for it might help figure the logic for this.

Is it possible to do stego on jpeg files?

Can't do it on openstego

if you're saying it's some geocaching hipster bullshit i'm out.

Also someone post this on /x/

I'm telling you guys, look into the flames. The rest might just be a huge distraction for all we know, but those flames around the border have some meaning.

bump

Maybe the poem has a clue that indicates which flame is first in the sequence and the 9x7 chess board has something to do with decoding the sequence

>Put random painting on twitter
>Say that there is something hidden inside
>Watch autists try and solve it.

parts of the checker pattern are shaded onto the animals, i don't think it's a clue but I just wanted to point out that I think this guy is kind of a hack.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masquerade_(book)

>1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd

Jack be nimble jack (bee) quick and jack jumps over the flame

Yeah look at the stanzas i posted last. Mentions the dove's/ phoenix line of sight the dove's and right side. look at the dove's right eye its wider and placed weird seems to be done on purpose. if you draw a straight line through the line of sight of the phoenix and doves eye you land on the burning square with the leaf could be the first piece of a qr code. Also if the poem has any significance Shakespeare's poems are written in a iambic pentameter which means there are 10 syllables divided into 5 pairs. this could mean there are 5 parts to the puzzle

These imo are the 5 areas of interest for a major breakthrough. "So between them love did shine,
That the turtle saw his right"
We are the turtles we SEE the right to these 4.87 btc.

>keeping thread alive until wagekeking autists can join us

LOL I FUCKING GOT IT! THANKS GUYS!

Its not about the destination, its the journey. The BTC is just a nice bonus for the person who solves it.

Also 30K is nice, but not lifechanging.

shitty larp

This image was solved ages ago you autists. The btc is long gone.

i don't get it, what's supposed to be inside the circles?

Yeah but... All this effort and then by some chance a random pajeet with the correct cocktail of autism stumbles upon it from all the clues and work done here by everyone
Arw you telling me you'll still feel the same?
Get outa'eree jebroni

blockchain.info/address/1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd
still there faggot

lol wut? sauce

>hello sir please keep post clues,
>willsend payment thanks.

i think those areas have parts of a qr code look at them closely

The caged phoenix and wild turtledove reminds me of this song from like 100 years ago. Maybe nothing to it, but this scene is from Dorian Gray even though the song is older.
youtu.be/Wd0_K0fqGVA

I like solving puzzles and mysteries for the sake of it. I would be relieved that the creators efforts paid off, no matter who does it.

all I see are brushstrokes

ur not autistic enough user sorry

The blue checkered portion of the chess game somehow resembles an anatomical heart, with the coronaries running over it and papillary muscles coming from the low right. Might be a symbol for "love" which is referenced in the poem.

The flames create a barcode that when scanned displays the key. The grid pattern or other details in the painting will help with the correct barcode format to use.

Also the public key starts with "1FLAME"

Oh I finally see what the thing to the right is it is a key and a keyhole lol

that's because it's masonic

but there's an inside and outside row of flames, and they don't have any sort of constant spacing

They do have constant lengths though

Hold up. So you are saying the elements of the painting comprise a recovery passphrase

Chess Ivy Knight Rook Dove Dragon Queen Ribbon Red Lock Key

Personally though I think its a red herring there is nothing there.

i see less that 188 flames including some things that look way shorter than the short ones.

this predates that bip doesn't it? it's from 2013

>An observation:
>Traverse the flames in this order: outer top, outer right, outer bottom, outer left
>inner left, inner bottom, inner right, inner top
>If you number the flames starting at 1, then every even numbered flame's length produces this consistent pattern all around the image:
>0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 .... (short = 0, tall = 1)
>The 011 pattern repeats 25 times but only for the lengths.
>The odd lengths (the bits between the 011 pattern) seem random and all color bits seem random too.
>So the information encoded in the lengths cannot possibly be part of a private key (at least not the even numbered ones).
>This suggests to me that the bits of the private key have been interleaved in the inner/outer colors of the flames. Perhaps the pattern is there to indicate how to rearrange the bits back into order?
>Also note that if you take the first 6 lengths of the outer top in this
order:
>2 4 6 1 3 5
>You get: 0 1 1 0 1 0
>Which is the same pattern we see in the lengths of the 6 ribbons in the image. (2 4 6 5 3 1 would also work) In fact, the ribbon pattern also has the 0 1 1 pattern for it's even numbered ribbons.
>This suggests a length of 6 is significant.
>I count 456 bits of information in total (98 inner flames + 54 outer flames each flame carrying 3 bits of information : length, outer color, inner color)
>But 456 bits is much more than is needed for a private key. You need either:
> 1) 256 bits for a raw key; or

>2) 296 bits for a wallet import formatted key (uncompressed); or

>3) 304 bits for a wallet import formatted key (compressed)

>If we omit the pattern which we know can't be part of the private key, that leaves 380 bits. However, the color encoding part contains 304 bits which is just enough to encode 38 bytes (the right number for an compressed wallet import formatted key).

>My guess is the lengths are there to show how to un-jumble the color bits back into place.

The fact that there are two rows of flames annoys me but the key is hidden in the flames I'm certain.

So far the colors of flames are
Yellow-green
Red-green
Yellow-purple
Red-purple
yellow-purple

There's some fuckery going on in some places with white inside of orange.

Holy fuck I think I got this...it has to do with the flames. Let me play with this

How many characters are in a bitcoin private key?

depends on the encoding. private keys are integers.
011... could be a mask, 456*2/3 = 304

Ok, so thanks to some user in the thread I see that the thing at the bottom right is a key going into a keyhole. The key has 6 red ribbons attached, could mean that there are 6 steps to find the "key". From the keyhole there are 7-8 rays radiating from inside the keyhole. These rays seem to diverge into paths that can be traced. The anatomical heart observation does make some sense.

this puzzle is way too complicated. it's not just a private key drawn, it's more like a map you have to follow, which leads to parts of the key, etc.. gotta explore the blockchain too, if you dig into the 1flame address there are more hints hidden in transactions and new addresses with possible hints etc etc. there are many different cryptographic functions used, there isn't just one easy solution. you can't just count the flames and hurr durr your brain thinks you have found a pattern but thats wrong.

Have you considered the fact that it could be a prank instead of a puzzle and there are no bitcoins in there at all?

nah it's legit. he/she did more puzzles like this, but this one still remains unsolved

here it is with the rays traced from the key

I thought they might be the seed words to a wallet. something like Knight queen dove vine chess fire key
but I don't know the order. But you can access a wallet with just the 14 seed words so this might be part of it. Although what do we have to gain by solving the puzzle on Veeky Forums...whoever solves it should go all in on chan coin.

God maybe it involves hex codes for those colors. I mean seriously if someone hasn't already solved it after years I don't have any belief in my capacity to.

>> 4008618

Words I see:

>chess
>key
>leaf
>bishop/queen
>vine
>blue
>red
>dove
>fire/flame
>phoenix
>knight
>melt/melting
>ray
>ribbon
>tangle

The solution to this is clearly found in esoterism, forget that binary shit with the flames

I have the feeling this won't be solved at this time. I'll still try till I fall asleep

"Press F to pay respects"

f