Supplements Thread

What supplements do you guys use, or what have you seen actual results from?

I typically just stick with the stuff that's pretty scientifically proven, whey, creatine, and BCAAs, plus a pre workout just for some extra energy since I lift in the morning.

Other urls found in this thread:

bosssportsnutrition.com/products/krack
testosteronejunkie.com/pmd-flex-stack-hardcore-testosterone-booster-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Test and tren.

pea protein

Can anyone explain BCAAs?

>sleep
Whoever said " sleep is the best supplement" wasn't fucking around.
My sleep went from 3hr-6.5hr and I Immediately saw gains.

Attilus post and pre just bought the nitrosurge to stack with the pre
Designerwhey vanilla its a bit pricey but 100 cal for 20 grams of protein taste good too
All of these are natural aswell if thats your thing

I take bcaa's before working out. I don't bring them to the gym anymore since I hated lugging around a bottle everywhere.

I honestly didn't see a difference in my routine, honestly. They are apparently for helping you complete your routine without losing glycogen as fast, and state that they can help prevent too much trauma to the muscle during high-intensity training, which i find ironic since people go to the gym to wreck their muscles so they can rebuild larger , etc yada yada yada...

Lastly, they state that BCAAs help trick the body into using fat for energy rather than breaking down muscle during your workouts.

There you are.

I'll probably get flamed for "wasting money" on supplements, but I think the potential benefits/slight edge are worth the cost. I've been taking supplements since I started lifting weights, and I've seen great results. I currently take creatine (morning and post-workout), ON's new Gold Standard Gainer (in the morning as I head out the door for work, because it's quick and tasty), beta-alanine (morning and pre-workout), whey (pre- and post-workout), L-carnitine (with each meal), Orange Triad (with each meal), a homemade pre-workout blend consisting of BCAAs, citrulline malate, and agmatine sulfate, casein (before bed), and ZMA (at night, 1.5 hours before casein).

To make it easier on myself during the week, I pre-measure my doses and put them in stacking containers and pill boxes every Sunday (pic related). That way, I just grab a stack and a pill box and I'm on my way, ready for the day.

Could I get the same results without all my supps? Perhaps, but since I can afford it, I don't see a reason to risk missing out on potential gains. In the end, it's a personal choice.

is test worth it. I hear too many people saying its a meme

>wasting money on 7 (Seven) identical shaker bottles, stacking containers, and pill containers when you're too fucking lazy to literally just buy 1 and rinse it out after each use

Oh man, I am laughing

I do test e 1000 mg a week and dbol 50 mg daily. Pretty similar effects to taking creatine.

>Amino acids replenishing glycogen
>>wreck their muscles so they can rebuild larger
>>BCAAs help trick the body into using fat for energy
>>rather than breaking down muscle

Wew lads this guy oh lord

If you roided you would legit save money.

Please post your body. I want to laugh at you for going to this much effort and using a trip when you probably look completely dyel.

It's like the natty lite of roids. Sure enough of it will get you drunk but it takes much longer than a shot.

Vitamin D improved my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) by just under 200 calories.

This was officially tested.

I'm a shut-in though, so probably not worth it if you actually get sunlight.

Here's another. This was at 156 lbs (5'11")

You're lying

Top tier broscience spewer

You literally take ALL of this everyday? Holy shit....that's disgusting.

Whatever you say, man... But really, what do I stand to gain by lying about my results to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

>dude seemly takes eating and supplementing to a perfection level
>loses tons of weight and looks good
>LMAO NO WAY UR LYINNN

kek
spot who doesn't even lift here

Am I the only one impressed?
I mean this is the overthetop/extreme level of dedication that Veeky Forums lacks.....all crammed into one person.

He posted this on the ongoing progress thread already.
I had that level of dedication once (when I changed my body completely, now I just mantain it) and it really does fucking work, almost like a miracle. I'm happy for the guy that does the same and is rewarded.

I appreciate that, guys. It's a little disappointing/frustrating when you put in the effort and time to achieve results and people don't believe that you really did it, but Veeky Forums is a skeptical place. I am, admittedly, very OCD about my diet and supplementation. I eat the exact same number of calories each day, with the same macro ratios, and even drink the same amount of water at the same time each day. I don't believe in "cheat days" or skipping workouts, and I lift 6 days a week. My goals are extremely important to me, so I don't see any reason not to give it 110% each day.

please put your trip back on

Doesn't look like you have too much loose skin/strech marks? How famlam?

nice jaw man, anyway stop being so ocd and make shit more simple

Nah, I have more than I'd like... When you lose that much weight, it's inevitable. I try not to let it bother me anymore. I'll probably get it surgically removed in the future.

Thanks, but I'm comfortable with my routine. It has worked for me thus far, and I don't consider it a burden.

Whey protein and a pre workout rail for energy.

could you please tell what are the doses for beta-alanine and L-Carnitine and agmatine sulfate you are taking

I take 1600 mg of beta-alanine, twice per day (3200 mg total). I take 500 mg of L-carnitine, 4 times per day (2000 mg total), and I take 2 grams of agmatine in my pre-workout drink.

thanks for that, your an inspiration, n-no homo

alternative to ECA stack?

my state is meth infested and you can't buy ephedrine or bronkaid.

protein, creatine, caffeine.

tried a PWO once, but I can't say with sincerity that I got any more results out of it than I did just having a couple cups of coffee. seems like they're mostly all memes, but maybe I'll try a DMAA preworkout someday.

congrats to DNAguy. those fags are just envious of your dedication and results. if it works for you and you're happy with the results, It's all that matters. kudos.

Thanks a lot, man! Much appreciated. Good luck with your fitness goals!

Thanks for the kind words, bud! Best of luck with your progress!

I saw someone shill mk677 a while ago. I plan on buying that and trying. A few guys said it increases your appetite and will cause big weight gain. Anyone know a cheap brand or source?

Pre workout is probably the 2nd best supplement out there, second only to protein powder. Pre workouts (if you pick the right one for you) allow you to do more reps and heavier weight, leading to better workouts.

I use Mr. Hyde and i feel like i'm going to explode(not srs)

(maybe srs)

(srs)

If your results are real you shouldn't be complaining that you haven't gained the adoration of a bunch of neet dyels on a Mongolian beef tasting forum you should be out improving other areas of your life

Lol
Mr Hyde is shit. Its loaded with caffeine and underdosed in everything else that would ACTUALLY help your performance inter-workout

bosssportsnutrition.com/products/krack

None because its all snakeskin bullshit or massively overkill for 99.9% of all lifters on Veeky Forums

You get everything you need from a normal diet with a focus on protein.

100% Inspiration.

Betaine and creatine are the only supps I'll spend money on besides preworkout. Also just started some LGD.

Nicrely done with that cut. You really don't need that many supps though.

Has anybody tried pic related before? I negotiated with the guy at the GNC and scored this usually-180$, 24-hour "hardcore anabolic activator" package for a mere $100 despite not having any kind of membership card, along with some other shit that I am far more familiar with (protein, creatin, amino acids, etc...) Online reviews are middling at best, mostly due to the usually-insane price-point, though some reviews have pointed out one or two potentially unsafe ingredients, and several ingredients of questionable effectiveness. Smalltext instructions on the side of this package have asked me to follow up on this month-long journey of SICK GAINZ with yet another month-long "post-cycle" consisting of only the nighttime supplement (Ztest.)

This is my first-ever post on Veeky Forums (I promise I read the sticky.) Are these effectively steroids/ "prohormones"? Is actually taking these a terrible idea? Will I suffer adverse side effects if I do not take testosterone-boosting supplements ever again after I complete my post-cycle? Please, thank you, and much appreciated.

Here are some giant flag titties as an advanced payment.

You pretty much got fucked. The andro one is just fenugreek, DAA, and some DHEA. The other is probably just ZMA.

Pic related is a list of all the ingredients in both supplements. Left side is Methyl Andro, right side is the nighttime supplement.

Disregarding whether my 100$ was actually worth it or not, is this stuff OK to take? This manlet-looking faggot apparently doesn't think so, and shills for some other stuff on his website: testosteronejunkie.com/pmd-flex-stack-hardcore-testosterone-booster-review/

Sorry for all the questions by the way, I am a complete newfag to taking any kind of testosterone supplement and don't particularly want to deal with potentially horrific side-effects.

What is your routine DNAguy? So much 'mirin

>dis organization

that's why you're making it.

Has anyone tried lean mode by evlution? Decided to buy a pack to try.

Also, where is the best place to get product reviews? I feel like bodybuilding . Com is just shilling with paid reviewers

It's all natural shit for the most part so I don't see any problems. Basically everything in that is sold by itself at GNC so you bought a workout stack. With that being said, don't expect a huge difference.

How the fuck dud you get so many more moles in one year?
You might want to get that shit checked because that isn't good.

I was just commenting on the negativity that seems to thrive on this board... It always surprises me how vicious some people seem to be toward total strangers, but I guess that's what happens when you give people anonymity to hide behind and let them say whatever they want. Anyway, I'm really happy with my life. I've got a PhD, a salary job with great benefits, a loving wife, good health, an amazing family, and awesome friends. I feel truly blessed. I stop by here from time to time to share my progress and encourage others. I guess I just don't understand why some people seem to find so much pleasure in harassing/ridiculing people they don't even know over their pursuit of physical fitness.

Thanks, user!

Thanks. Well, like I said, supplements are a personal decision. I don't "need" ANY supplements, but I've chosen the ones I take because I value the potential benefits they might provide.

Here's the PPL split that I created for myself.

Haha, thanks!

Same number of moles I've had all my life, man. Maybe they're just more visible in the second picture...

DNAguy deserves some fucking respect for sure. Good going man, proof that ANYBODY can fucking improve themselves.

I've lost nearly 60lbs myself so far in the last 11 months and see this as being inspiring.

Thanks for the kind words, bud. Great job on the progress, too! Keep up the good work!

What did you start at?

>Same number of moles I've had all my life, man. Maybe they're just more visible in the second picture...
Look at the upper right side of your chest/your right arm. A lot more moles appear.
And under your right breast as well.

Also your nipples change color and size.
Pretty sure even after getting fit it shouldn't change the size nor color...

I've pretty much tried them all, only ones that are valuable are multivitamins, fish oil, creatine and maybe a preworkout with l-citrulline, beta alanine and perhaps taurine in it if you can afford it. Whey is a good supplement if you aren't getting enough protein, but only if you can afford it.

glutamine did nothing
tribulus did nothing
zma kinda helps sleep but not really worth the money, the test boost hasn't really been effectively proven
maca and horny goat weed are great for sex gains but don't effect test at all
waterloss supplements are useless
carnitine is fucking useless
arginine is suppose to be useful but I didn't really notice anything

DNAguy, you are the fucking inspiration I needed right now. I've been slacking on my diet and getting lazy about keeping up my workout from winter depression. This brought an instant fire in my guts. Bless you for reigniting my motivation and making me laugh for the first time in weeks by absolutely destroying . You are the hero that Veeky Forums needs.

May I just ask what you do for cardio if you do any?

I'm fit, but I still am pretty novice with it all.
I've only really ever took preworkout and whey.

I remember I was going to buy prework pills, but taking it in pill form sounds so weird, like I feel like drinking it gets it to my body more directly.

I still don't know what other stuff I should take.
I take prework out before working out, and drink whey after the workout.
Never really have tried creatine before. Or anything else obviously.
But at the same time I don't think I'd ever want to be taking more than 3 or 4 things for working out.

When it comes to pills, I'd wonder how much I'd notice it even helping. Sometimes I feel like even the whey I take isn't doing much.

I like preworkout because I can actually feel it doing it's fucking job.
It kinda seems unhealthy.

Bcaa's arent worth the money.

>not familiar with trips

spotted the new friend

Phenibut - 2-3x a week for a nice buzz followed by godly sleep
Taurine - anti-inflammatory, anti-aging
ZMA - enhanced sleep, healthy sperm
Beta-alanine - i forget why i take this but i like eating it
Polygala tenuifolia - anti-anxiety, reduced annhedonia
Agmatine - nitric oxide, nutrient uptake, global tolerance reducer
Vitamin D - i don't go outside ever
Vitamin C - collagen production
Castor Oil - anti-inflammatory
Melatonin - sleep
Gotu Kola - anti-anxiety, general well-being

thats about it

You're awesome.

Did you start out on Veeky Forums? or did you come here after starting your workouts

You should know this is Veeky Forums and the hostility here is relentless and this will not change.

Are you asking how much I weighed when I started? 247 lbs.

Dunno what to tell you, man. Thanks for the heads-up. As for my nipples, they are smaller now. Maybe they're just not as stretched out without all the fat on my chest.

Thanks a lot, man! I'm honored to be a source of inspiration for you. Best of luck with your progress, man! As for your question, I haven't done a single cardio workout since I started. I don't enjoy cardio, and it is unnecessary for weight loss as long as you're at a caloric deficit. Since my heart is healthy, I just lift and eat a proper diet, leaving the treadmills to those who seem to like using them.

Thanks! I started on my own, actually. I "discovered" Veeky Forums after I had lost most of my weight, though I was already familiar with Veeky Forums in general. It is an interesting place, to say the least.

Why do you care how other people spend their money

Your like if rainman lifted

I use this shit plus creatine. It seems to work pretty well, my pumps are definitely bigger and I'm overall leaner and harder looking on it between cycles.

Cons are its kind of expensive and it has some sexual side effects (I cum in about 2s when on this stuff, stamina goes back to normal in between cycles).

Anyone else have any experiences with it?

Has anyone here tried testofen?

I've seen your progress in other threads and I've always been impressed, I am the same height as you and started with a similar body style. In that photo where you are 156lbs what is your body fat percentage and did you cycle any gear?

Test alone is strong as fuck and more then you'll ever need if you don't aim to become the next pianoman.

BTFO

>L-theanine
Helps me be less jittery when drinking caffeine. noticed a huge difference when performing precise tasks.
>coffee
Or caffeine tabs, usually just drink coffee in the morning like 2-3 cups even tho I don't like the taste it helps focus and feel awake.
>Multi
>ZMA
>Vit D
>echinicea
I feel like it helps me become ill less often tho it's probably placebo I don't think it can harm either and its cheap af anyway.
>creatine
Never really notice a big difference sometimes I will use it for a period and then I won't.

>Pre-workout
Coffee with Beta Alanine

>Post-workout
Whey powder
Creatine (also daily)
Magnesium

>Daily
Fish Oil

>be OCD
>the shakers aren't all same color
this would drive me insane

I still don't understand how this is possible. But then I do self reflection and realize I go out to eat with friends ever other weekend, and drink booze. I'm not 100% consistent. Mirin veiny arms though.

Showed your picture to a friend who has your exact body type before you started working out. Big titties, big gut, just gross. Hes really motivated and working on discipline now, and I could never get him to workout before.

Having one and rinsing it out after use defeats the whole purpose, because that makes it to where you can't prepare more than one in advance... The reason I do it is because I have a whole week's worth of supplements made up and ready to go.

fucking BTFO'D ahahahahaha get fucked.

2 cups of coffee in the morning, 2 scoops of pre workout with some amp, and maybe an energy drink after if I need to get some work done
I don't drink water, only Earl Grey tea or Gyokuro (Japanese Green tea)

I also started to take L-Carnitine because I've been feeling very tired lately, and I heard it helps with mental fatigue

Sometimes I have some fish oil and a few multi vits and obviously I take protein powder and creatine

Thanks, man. My body fat was 9.3%, based on DEXA results. I'm natty.

Haha, yeah, it annoys me, too... I gave some thought to getting 2 black shakers to make them all match, but I figured I could do that when one breaks (they tend to crack on the underside of the lid) and I need to replace it.

Thanks for the kind words, user. I seem to get more veiny each day... My wife doesn't really like it all that much, but I love it. Here's a few more arm veins for ya. I seem to have them all over, even in the quads and calves. The joys of low body fat, I guess! Great to hear that your friend is motivated to make a positive change in his life. I wish him (and you) all the best!

holy shit nigga take a week off of caffeine

hey

Greetings fellow bogger, its good to see Veeky Forums has those who have taken the Bogpill aswell.

Holy fuck, mirin that pack, can't get one for the hell of me (crisps taste too nice)

Does the dianabol/ D-bal that's sold online give the "steroidlite results" it claims to? I really need something to boost my shit up

My limited bro science understanding: BCAAs have some value on a cut. Since they are already "broken down", your body will use them for muscle repair first and not energy.

On a bulk, though, they are just expensive protein.

You can buy pure DMAA online. That shit really does work, I was spending 1.5+ hours in the gym when I'd normally only be in there 1 hour tops if I was extra dedicated. Buy a small pouch of DMAA and you can get several hundred servings for really cheap

Il never bow!

Crazy improvements! Maybe just get a haircut to get to an even higher level.

Oh you mighty fool, us Bogs know when to be on the right side of history, we even have god on our side!

Did you do this natty? Every time I see you I just can't believe you dropped that much weight and got that build you can obviously afford then because you take $128.67 of supps every day

Honest to god DNAguy, you have given me so much inspiration to embrace my OCD-ness, and I am totally going to try your workout routine.

You are indeed the hero that Veeky Forums needs, but like batman, you're gonna get shunned by all the gear abusing fuckheads on here. Keep it up dude.

Haha, thanks! And yes, I'm natty. I have absolutely no problem with people using gear if they want to, so if I was roiding, I'd just say so. Family got me this shirt for Christmas, and it seems appropriate...

I use that too, it's not bad just tastes terrible and for the first 2 weeks gave me bad gas