QTDDTOT

New thread up, niggas. Post your questions

Last thread

Is 30 mins of cardio bad after 30 mins to an hour of weight training if I'm trying to cut?

One study showed slight improvements in strength with cardio done 4 hours after lifting. Just make sure you're not doing HIIT.

I have a hard time calculating my dinners when I cook things other than a protein and a side. I made stir fry tonight. Just veggies and meat and a sauce pack. Side is rice. Problem is I don't know how close the generic stir fry on my calorie tracking app is to my meal

Calculate the pieces of the meal separately and add them up, then compare to the meal. Or just skip that last step and just enter the individual meal pieces

how about cardio before weight lifting? I'm a courier and sometimes I need to bike before heading to the gym because thats the only time I'll get good money. Usually bike ~15mph for 1.5-2 hours total not including breaks

What workout regiment would helpe achieve David Banner-esque proportions?

I don't think it's ideal, especially for 1.5-2 hours, but the negative effects aren't nearly as bad as some would make it out to be. Just make sure to eat a bit before your workout.

Guess I could do that. Seems daunting. I hooked this bad boi up. Broccoli,snap peas, bell peppers, onions, garlic, bean sprouts, mini corn and mushrooms plus petite sirloin. Top notch

Cardio before lifting is generally a no-no without a few hours rest between the two activities. Your muscles only have so much energy to spare in a certain amount of time, and heavy lifting depletes this energy pretty quickly. You can obviously adapt to the energy expenditure, but it will hamper your strength gains for awhile

When working out, my forearms are pretty good and veiny, yet they NEVER have vascularity or size otherwise, or not to a large degree. At what point does resting size/vascularity start getting better and closer to pump looks?

Why no HIIT after lifing? I thought that's what you were supposed to do. on a cut.

the bank teller i like was punching in numbers and shit while i zoned into my own little world. she then took the time to get my attention and talk about the new machines they got. would this be considered hinting (attracted to me) or was she just super bored and wanted to kill the time

if it helps she was smiling and cheerful the entire time

>At what point does resting size/vascularity start getting better and closer to pump looks?
Your vascularity can vary depending on your bodyfat and hydration levels, so if you want to see more of your veins, then reduce your fat and drink less. As for pump, it depends on where you're at strength wise and how long you've been training. But you're always going to be smaller than your pump. Just how it is

You have to treat HIIT like you do lifting, meaning you must rest after a session. For the purposes of a cut, I just don't see the benefit of incorporating HIIT into your regiment when you can just do LISS, burn the same amount of calories, and not feel like shit when you need to crush some weights, unless you're a really busy guy who doesn't have time for 45mins-1hr of cardio.

What's a good routine for someone who doesn't want to do olympic lifts?

Intermediate i mean

Fuck knows senpai. If you thought there's a good enough chance that she liked you to ask /fit' opinion then fucking go for it.

>Hey that's cool, guess it makes your job a bit easier. Do you fancy getting a drink some time?

Asked this before, but didn't get a chance to respond to the one comment about it.

This is my attempt at low bar squats. Done at 155 lbs.

Someone said the bar is too high and causing forward lean, but I thought you were supposed to have some forward lean for this and high bar/front squats require a more upright back

1) how to help with sleep, thinking of getting sleep meds, don't want to as it'll mess me up badly
Any other ways to help with sleep other then shut off all screens and read a book, really hampering my gains

2) scared that my legs will go further then my legs and ill to trex mode, how to I properly work my arms since my legs are gettibg much more attention

3) I do volunteering at this place and I'm trying to devise a good calisthenics program for teenagers aged around 15~ that I really needs to work their bodys, something with press ups and situps, must be fun and easy but really pushes them

>thanks

parents gifted me a 5lb tub of this because they didn't like the flavor

did I make a major score or is this stuff a meme? I don't want to become reliant on it because shit is expensive

is it bad if i swap bb rows for db rows? I feel less strain on my back and get better ROM

If my arms were uneven before I started cutting are they gonna stay that way till I bulk?

Estimated BF%?

Maybe this image will help you

Im also asking this. I hate bb rows. It's mechanically stupid

Low to mid teens
I'd say about 12-13%.

I don't see what the problem is. You can do them elbows out or close to your body. You can also grip them different ways and really hit whole back. I love em just vary em up

I see. I guess I've been putting it at the bottom of my traps and not the actual shoulders. But that was as low as I've been able to handle comfortably enough to not bail out mid-set. Is it a mobility thing? Should I stick to high bar until my shoulders are able to move more?

I've had blood in my shit for the third day in a row. It's bright red and fresh like I have a cut in my asshole. What gives? My diet has been clean and I haven't drank since New Years.

Been getting really sore on the outside of my knee when I run recently. Should I just ice it after and keep up the routine or do I need a break?

what is a balanced bench to pendlay row ratio?

I've got anterior pelvic tilt. I'm working on abs and glutes to fix it, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do sitting at my desk during the day to help me progress.

What stretches or workouts can I do so I don't have my heels lift up/possibly use less back during squats? I can easily front squat 100lbs for 5x5 without shoes. Then today I did high bar back squats with only 95lbs in romaelos and my heels raised/ maybe my back took over. It was easy but I know my form is incorrect. Went ATG btw.

do normie fitness challenges piss anyone else off

'wow dude how can you do 100 pushups in 1 day? do u wake up and dread it? no rest days?'

like i guess it's good that they're into fitness but in the time they do that they could just do bench press for a moderate weight for 5 sets and get 200% strength gains

for anyone who used to be overweight, I want to ask a few questions.

How long did it take you to get down the weight and and what rate? (please state start/end weight and height)
What was your exercise routine and how often?
What was your deficit?
Did you finish skinny or with definition?
Were you on gear or any sort of stack to help with the loss?

I'm curious, I want to hear others stories. I keep seeing transformations in the CBT but a lot of them are just bragging. I want to know a more general idea.

It's fine.

Literally any mainstream routine that isn't specific to Olympic weightlifting?

This video is worthless. Take a video from the side, at about hip height. From what I can tell, your bar placement is roughly correct.

Stop looking at screens 2 hours before bed. Dim the lights. No food immediately prior to bed. Don't do anything but sleep in your bed. Get your room comfy and ready for sleep (cool sleeping temp, good blankies).

Google "sleep hygiene" for more tips.

Just do 4x8 curls super setted with tricep extensions twice a week. Lateral raises as well. Takes very little time, makes a big difference in phsyique.

DB rows are fine.

You'll likely always have uneven arms.

Either hemorrhoids or anal fissure (likely). Is it painful?

You may have shitty running form, be running on shitty surfaces, or be running in shitty shoes.

Roughly 1:1, +/- 0.2. For lower end lifters. Once you reach high levels, your bench will exceed your row, due to the fact that bench form can be optimized for max weight in ways that a Pendlay row can't be. We'll never see a strict row >700 lbs, but there are guys that can pause bench it.

Can you get to the bottom of a weighted back squat without your heels coming up? If so, it's not a mobility problem. It's just weakness and poor form.

Only if you're in your first 3 months of lifting and feel enlightened.

Anything wrong with melatonin?

Is it so wrong to want to increase shoulder and forearms by clasping weights on your wrist and swinging a sword, Veeky Forums?

If you're the same guy each thread you're awesome dude.

no

bleeding ass guy here. no it doesn't hurt

Reposting in a more lively thread.

I got skinnyfat by being fat and cutting to half my body weight without lifting or getting enough protein. I'm 5'11 and 140ish. I'm fine with how I look with clothes on, but know if I want look good otherwise I need to bulk and cut. My TDEE is supposedly 1950. What happens if I lift, only eat 1950, but get 140g of protein?

Yes I can get to the bottom of the squat with feet flat and fairly upright back. It's when I'm going up that I start to have my heels raise(possibly using more back?)

How is this Pull day? I do deadlifts on a different day.

Pull-Ups, 4xfailure

V-Grip Cable Rows, 4x8-10

Wide-Grip Pulldowns, 4x8-10

EZ-Bar Curls, 3x12

Hammer Curls, 3x12

Face Pulls, 3x12

No, but big doses are meme. Studies have shown smaller doses to be more effective. 2-3 mg is optimal for most adults the last time I read about it in undergrad.

Thanks. There are a couple others that respond a lot too.

Probably not a fissure then, or external hemorrhoid. Those are painful. Internal hemorrhoids are often painless. Go see your GP. Tell him you're bleeding out of your ass. He'll need to do a DRE to make sure you don't have a big mass in there. Uncommon in young people, but there are some familial disorders than can cause that. If you've been bleeding a lot, you may be a little anemic and need iron supplementation. He can check a CBC if that's a concern.

Nice quads.
Your body weight will stay the same. Your body composition will improve and you'll be stronger and leaner looking. You'll still be a fucking skellington though. Do a 500 cal surplus and lift weights 3-4 days a week. You need to be at least 160 lbs to not look awful, 180+ to look buff.

Don't start your day by doing sets to failure. Save that for last.

Wide grip is a meme. Use a comfortable grip just outside shoulder width and add more weight if it's too easy.

I would do weighted pull-ups for 3-6 reps, 3-5 sets. Treat it like any other compound, trying to increase your 1RM and 5RM over time. Use the other lifts as higher volume assistance movements.

Sounds like a form/weakness issue. Post a video. Might try pause squats with 70-80% current working weight.

>This video is worthless.
Well the main reason I took the video is because my quads are different sizes and wanted to get some feedback on any leaning I may be doing doing the lift. But I understand. Will get another video on Thursday

No videos on me currently. Maybe the next time I squat, thanks for the help though.

90% chance you honestly just need to do more squats. Form not good? Do another 500 reps of squats, it will improve. Have a weak point? Another 1,000 reps of squats will improve it. If you squat 95 lbs, you're still in that beginner stage where specific weaknesses don't exist. You're not "weak out of the hole" or anything, just still have a weak squat. Doing fuckload more squats and tweaking form and finding your groove will take care of it. You *may* have some form issue that can be seen on video though, so try it out.

How many sets is too much?

How do you calculate how many calories you should eat? Obviously the more workouts I do in a day consume more calories, so how can I know for sure what to provide my body so it can grow? I fucking hate not knowing how to calculate this.

Do any of you honestly calculate anything, or do you just fucking eat "a lot"?

Thanks. I have done two reps with 135lbs before "actually" to parallel, however my back kept hurting and my heels raising on the upwards portion. Quit lifting for a bit and it seems like I am falling into the same pattern. Might post a video in here Thrusday or Friday.

TDEE calculator. Use myfitneepal to accurately track your calories for a week or two and weigh yourself at the same time every day. You will be able to figure out how much you want to add or subtract from your TDEE.

>Nice quads.
Thanks senpai.
Is 150 lbs okay if I'm going for defined twink mode? I don't know what a 160 5'11 'not awful' person would look like.

Google TDEE calculator. Eat +500 if you want to gain weight. I haven't calculated cals in years. I just aim for 150-180 grams of protein and adjust my diet based on the scale and mirror.

150 is still pretty thin. You'll find that going from 140 to 150 at 5' 11" doesn't make a huge difference. I'm 5' 11" also, graduated high school weighing 135. I'm 190 lbs now, was 200 lbs at my heaviest. You really wanna be at least a LEAN 160 in order to look decent without being super skinny. But you do whatever THE FUCK YOU WANNA DO.

Is NoFap just a meme?

Is it a good idea to do 2 sets of close-grip pulldowns and 2 sets of wide-grip pulldowns, or just stick to 4 sets of one variation?

>be awkward loser
>asked a qt co-worker out via email a year ago
>she never replied
>she recently added me on linkedin
d-does this mean anything? should i message her on linkedin?

plz respond

It's memery incarnate. The reason you can't talk to girls, get laid, have low confidence, shitty gains, depression, anxiety, etc, is not because you jack off. Sure, if you're beating it 5x a day like an autistic 12 y/o, you need to chill out. But abstaining from masturbation is not going to fix your life like these lonely teenagers on Veeky Forums think it will.

no it doesnt mean anything. she added you because shes your coworker and she knows you.

and why the fuck would you ask out someone via email? she might have said yes if you did it in person

all you need to do is ask yourself "If I was her, would this seem desperate?"

hint: The answer is it's desperate and creepy.

Somebody made a repository of screencaps and infographs made by TYVD quite a while back.

Does anybody still have that, or a link to it?

dont message her on linkedin jesus christ. if you want to get closer to her than actually talk to her like a human being

Doing SL 5x5, squats didn't make my butt sore at all but my quads are all fucked up. Google tells me I should focus on "squatting from my heels" and activating my glutes to ensure they get worked while squatting.

Is this good advice? I want to get my butt swole.

i want to begin my cut on 5/3/1 on 1st march. i read about the month long introductory period wendler suggests in his book. now, i have 3 scenarios and i want to know the best

1. begin the routine on 1st february so i'm adjusted in time for my cut and can thus lift at higher intensity and retain more strength
2. begin the routine and cut both on 1st march and do the introductry period then
3. skip the introductory period entirely and jump in on march 1st (i plan to only be doing it for 3, maximum 4 months so i don't think long term stalling is an issue)

can some 5/3/1 experienced brahs help me out?

Literally doesn't matter, unless you injure your shoulder doing wide grip. Just do a bunch of fucking pulldowns and get better at them over time. More variation is not necessarily better. Getting really fucking strong at vertical pulling is what's better.

is it ok to eat bean burritos will it kill my gains?

Don't worry about what you "feel". Doesn't matter. If you're extending your hips, you're using your ass. Deadlifts, RDLs, and bridges are a better ass builder though. They are all primarily hip extension movements. If your goal is a big ass, be sure you do those as well.

Most people skip the introductory period entirely.

>incline bench
>nearing max weight
>form nazi
>arch my back on last two reps just enough to get the bar up
>butt, feet, shoulders/upper back never leave the bench

did I fail these reps? I feel like I failed the lifts when I had to push with my ass and move my lumbar spine

I alternate and end up doing 6x5, it slays my biceps which is really what I'm after despite doing compound lifts

Nobody considers lifting with an arch to be "incorrect" on bench, whether it's incline or flat. It doesn't matter if you "failed" or not. You weren't in a singlet at a meet with 3 judges watching you do the lift, and Herr Trump hasn't declared arching during incline bench a capital offense yet.

what said. add in barbell hip thrusts too.

it won't work, swords are designed to be easy to swing, not hard. dumbell swings, hammer swings and rollups are what you need, maybe indian clubs and shit like that. you can have a breddy good time with a 14lb sledge hammer to be quite honest

is it possible to maintain or even keep regression in check somewhat if cutting on the TM? i've been slamming PRs left and right and am afraid of switching to something else in case it doesn't work out as well for me. if i increased intensity and cut volume would that suffice?

What your stats?

I guess I'll bulk for about 10 months and get to 160 and cut down afterwards. Really curious to see how that turns out, but really scared to gain fat. Hopefully I won't gain too much if I'm only gaining two pounds a month?

I'm doing a type of sit-up where my legs are elevated on a couch or chair. What would this be called?

yeah but I'm reducing the chest and shoulder isolation in favor of using leverage trick with my spine. I'm just really insecure about having bad form I guess.

does an arched back fail a lift at a meet? I would consider myself a failure if my form wasn't better than competition grade

HOLY SHIT. THE TDEE CALCULATOR TELLS YOU WHAT TO CONSUME FOR PROTEIN, CARBS, FATS, AND CALORIES. HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT YOU FUCKS DID THIS BY HAND. TURNS OUT YOU LET A ROBOT DO YOUR WORK FOR YOU THE WHOLE TIME

Hey bros, I've went through 2 months of physical therapy but no success. Fucked up my shoulder during benching or arm wrestling. Will probably need a surgery...
Couldn't sleep for the past week because all I do is think about how I'll never fucking recover. Last time I hit the gym was in June. All my gains over the few years of lifting are gone just as I was about to start oly lifting professionally. Hit 160 front squat @94 kg class as a 19 year old. Still holding squat records at the local gym.
It's 4:30am, went to bed at 2. Just needed to vent somewhere but didn't want to start a thread so I posted here.

/rant

How the fuck did you screw your shoulder benching? I bet it was arm wrestling because I never heard of a bench fucking someone's shoulder up (unless it was a smith machine)

it's a magical time we live in

DL 165kg x 5
SQ 155kg x 5
Press 66kg x 5 (don't laugh)

i used up my LP before hopping on. my lfts aren't amazing but whatever. now i want to get leaner for summer because who want to be a fucking fat shit at the pool.

> Virgin here.

Penis bends down when erect.
>not fucking normal
any thoughts.

kek I can picture in my head a bunch of hulk looking motherfuckers using quantum mechanics to figure out their macros and TDEEs. Where's SIR when you need him.

Here's the worst part.

I am 23 years old, 169 pounds, and 5.'11. I apparently am a "heavy exerciser" if I go 6-7 times a week. I was only consuming around 100 grams of protein before I looked at this calculator, and it told me if I wanted to bulk, I would have to consume fucking 268 grams of protein

no wonder why I wasn't making any serious gains for 6 fuckin months lel

New lifter here.

Why would a fat person need to "bulk" if they are just made of fat and not really muscle? Does a skinny fat person need to bulk if they are going to lift weights? If so, why? Skinny fat people are already bulky, lel

Who makes dress pants that are skinny / fashionable? Maybe somewhere around the shape of levis 511s and in khaki color? Any recco's bros?

Posting some brapppp for some test gainz

fat people are probably more concerned with losing their blubber than gaining muscle. they should cut first unless they have no regard for looks or health or anything other than strength.

skinny fats aren't usually terribly fat, its more than they lack muscle which results in them having no shape or hardness. skinny fats should bulk.

going 6-7 times a week does not make you a "heavy exerciser".

Take those exercises estimators with the smallest grain of salt. They do not accurately reflect actual calorie expenditure.

Also, no one, not even the most ripped bodybuilders, need that much protein. You only need about 0.8g per pound of bodyweight. You were undereating protein, but not THAT much.

it's rare but not abnormal, a dong can go left, right, up, or down pretty dramatically. doggy style is your time to shine as you can hit g-spot better than most with your meathook

Whoever got to fuck that bitch is one lucky son of a bitch

Free weights, of course.
There is some actual reason as to why can someone fuck a shoulder up with benching. Something about muscle imbalance... not sure what exactly.
I'm 95% sure it was arm wrestling though. After all, it's my biceps tendon (which is located in the shoulder) that got shat on.

Probably not too much. I stayed pretty thin up to about 160. Just lift hard.

No, arching your back is fine in a meet. You should have a mild arch in general just for shoulder health. You arching spine just slightly shifts the load from your anterior delt to your chest, helping you complete the lift. It's not a big deal.

Get that MRI yet?

Yeah, it's possible to keep getting stronger. Trying running vanilla TM and see what happens. People get stronger during cuts all the time.

You don't honestly need that much protein. Get like 150-200 grams, and hit a 500 cal surplus. 268 grams is meme tier.

Haven't been sent yet. Waiting for my 5th doc appointment. The wait time for MRIs here is in months anyway...

You don't need to bulk if you're fat. Bulking is just eating enough to increase your body weight over time while lifting. You're not supposed to become a fat ass. It depends on the skinny fat.

I've heard good things about Levi 541 Chino Athetlic fits. I have some Docker pants that fit pretty well, and I squat 415 and pull 565 at 190 lbs, 5' 11". My ass looks awesome in them. Catch people mirin all the time.

a calorie surprluss from the basic recommended 2000 calorie # or my actual number that it gives me off the calculator?

> (You)
>No, arching your back is fine in a meet. You should have a mild arch in general just for shoulder health. You arching spine just slightly shifts the load from your anterior delt to your chest, helping you complete the lift. It's not a big deal.

interesting. I already retract my scaps but generally never arch so I'm going to consider it a personal failure but not a technical one and am going to consider this as a technique variation that may be useful if I plan to do it instead getting forced into it

Start with your calculated TDEE. Adjust it based on real world results (mirror and scale). If you're getting fat as fuck, cut back 200-300 cal and reassess after 1-2 weeks.

Is there a way to masturbait that's bad for you? I masturbate by gripping the head and wriggling my fingers in a massage like way.