Monero really getting slammed now. This twitter user is now pointing out actual vulns. Monero isnt safe as of right now

Monero really getting slammed now. This twitter user is now pointing out actual vulns. Monero isnt safe as of right now.

twitter.com/moneroident

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/moneroident
monerobase.com/wiki/DevMeeting_2017-10-22
dotnetrussell.com/index.php/2017/10/21/locating-monero-users-via-transaction-broadcasts/
github.com/DotNetRussell/MoneroUserScraper
bitsonline.com/monero-exploit-threatens-privacy/
coindesk.com/edward-snowden-zcash-is-most-interesting-bitcoin-alternative/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never was

i thought this was common knowledge?

I suspect monero holders are going to keep their heads buried in the sand while trying to chant 'monero is private' etc. This coin needs a fix asap

>twitter.com/moneroident
What are you talking about? The only vulnerability is that someone can see that you are using Monero, that's all.

monerobase.com/wiki/DevMeeting_2017-10-22

They discuss how they're using i2p kovri to combat this issue, and how it'll be solved in a few updates to the codebase.

The Monero community are a bunch of cocksuckers.

Nobody gives a shit about privacy coins.

The only valid criticsm I think they have (but correct me if I'm wrong) is that in a country where Monero is 100% outlawed, the government could see an IP address connecting to the Monero network (can't see if/when transactions are sent though), and that person could get in trouble. But that's the only information they have, no?

because aiui the way that Verge works is that it's only Tor or i2p
which is open to isolation and Sybil attacks, but they don't care about that
I'm not sure how this is complicated. If you want your IP to be hidden, use Tor. Like everyone else.
moneromooo: in the same way that ZCash can say "if you want your transaction to be hidden use shielded addresses"
Kovri will fix all of this anyway
there are people that try to connect to as many nodes as possible and record which transactions they first see relayed from those nodes, but that's not new
Well, that is true, no ?
i mean, the only response is to explain how blockchains and the internet works
yes - but if it's not the default mode then it's not worth talking about
OK. Then we're not anonymous, and we'll be once kovri, done.
Much easier than dealing with the bullshit ^_^

Monero is shit money is flowing out of it into ZEN a superior way cheaper privacy coin

actual retards think this is a vuln

same actual retards that use and hoard XVG

ZEN will be the new XMR.

thanks op just bought 10,000

tell me your verge address and i'll see all of your history

try and see my history with my xmr address

I'll add that to the list
ok so then I'd like to bring up the latest Verge FUD for discussion
for those that haven't seen it
twitter.com/moneroident
dotnetrussell.com/index.php/2017/10/21/locating-monero-users-via-transaction-broadcasts/
github.com/DotNetRussell/MoneroUserScraper
it's literally just netstat
It'd be easier to just run print_cn or print_pl.
and then it excludes some nodes that he decided are "server nodes" (whatever that means)
lol
moneromooo: too sophisticated
lol
Lol
that said, I have received several messages from people who are quite concerned that Monero is not private
well
oh - there's also this fun article: bitsonline.com/monero-exploit-threatens-privacy/
lol
i haven't seen these latest criticisms at all yet
but i have to ask
The "fun article" is really bad
what is our policy going to be for writing responses to criticisms?
because
consider the miller and kumar papers, right? long papers. writing responses takes a long time...
DoS by stupid claims
rbrunner: looks more like a hit piece
the anonymint post is even longer, and we largely ignored it
because it was a massive waste of time
If you don't want to be on his "list", just leave your monerod running 24/7
I say ignore the obvious bullshit. People gonna pump and dump anyway.
not all their criticisms are false (although a lot are outdated), but my point is this: if someone writes a 1000 word article claiming something about monero's privacy, it will in general take 9000 words to "debunk" the false parts and explain why the true parts are either part of the design or already on our roadmap for improvement

This fucking thread again...

IP address =/= monero address

If you cannot understand this very fucking simple concept, then stick to MyFreeCam Tokens. God you people are stupid.

Weird this fud just when we reach the trend line. As if someone was trying to accumulate

boomer tier bait
SAGE

>this thread again
>op doesnt know how the internet works
>everyone proceeds to explain how he is retarded
>shills abort and let the thread slide
>rinse and repeat

Wonder if Snowden knew about this when he slammed it a week ago

coindesk.com/edward-snowden-zcash-is-most-interesting-bitcoin-alternative/

What a retard

Anonymity + blockchain technology is not a healthy mix tbqh

pivx and odn is throwing masternodes into it, which seems to work better, along with staking for decentralization

monero is just the big name atm, its not really that good, its slow, expensive and not as anonymous as so much else

>masternodes are good for decentralization

Once the Koreans get a translation of how fucked monero is, they will dump it back to 20 dollars. Don't hold this shitcoin folks

Staking is, not masternodes

Next time try read the sentence twice before commenting

masternodes log users ip addresses.

monero and pivx are both shit.

monerolink.com exposes ringct tx's

that website is FUD and owned by one of the creators of zcash. No XMR addresses ever appear on the blockchain, and this analysis is irrelevant since the new Ring CT method and the minimum mixing size being 5 now.

This. They just keep repeating it until people believe it. It's like the big lie. To exhausting to respond every thread.

Literally this. People shilling XVG and now got aid from ZenCashtards

(((MoneroUserIdentifier)))

>Staking is,
again, its not

>buy 50 loli prostitutes with monero
>FBI break down my door because my IP is visible

explain this fagnero

so whats better than monero then? any public blockchain doesn't count, so you can't say verge or pivx or dash or zcash or zencash or zcoin or zclassic, or any masternode coin.

what is it then? whats more private that monero?

Old news. ZEN has dethroned this coin. Moving on.

is this your fucking twatter acct.
i see this fucking thread twice a day
fuck off no one cares about monero anymore
gayass name and ugly logo.
overpriced shit-tech compared to PIVX and ZEN now.

there's a reason why XMR has been dumping for months now.

i'll take that as a no then, there's nothing more private than monero yet.

>monero is private

the currency is, but the network it's in is not. this is why they're working on kovri, to plug the wallet into i2p.
using it through tor or i2p has been possible in the past as well, but now they're about to make the default monero-client work in i2p.

in other words, follow kovri on github and when it works, it's gonna be another 2-3x mission.

Please keep fudding monero. I need to add more to my collection.

>buys loli prostitutes
>not using Tor

shoulda went with XST

lol "safe"
you need to be protected you special lil snowflake

Bored Koreans with no coins on their exchanges is the only reason this shit pumped.

Monero is actually a shit coin.

Edward Snowden called monero "amateur cryptography", literally no cryptography or security experts are taking this project seriously.

All you have is Fluffyponzi....One of the most dishonest people I've seen in crypto.

>Fluffyponzi....One of the most dishonest people I've seen in crypto
Then you havent met Michael Stollaire

You really can't do anything anonymously on the Internet unless you use TOR. Why would monero be any different?

ZEN gets pumped. Bagholders are born. Suddenly Monero gets fudded.

VERGE HUGE FUTURE NOBODY SEES IPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monero is the only real true cryptocurrency at the moment. If there was any sanity in this world, it would be the default. Bitcoin was first on the scene, and that makes it king by default. Monero is too perfect, it's law enforcement's nightmare, and I believe it will be fudded to death because that is the only truly effective way to discourage its use

And how exactly does FBI link your particular IP address to your loli buying transaction?