What do you do for your core? Squats and DLs are simply not enough no matter what anyone says...

What do you do for your core? Squats and DLs are simply not enough no matter what anyone says, and neither are added bodyweight exercises I've noticed. How do you go HEAVY on your core Veeky Forums?

Weighted crunches on a decline bench
DB side bends
Ab wheel

Rotate through

Abb wheel or hanging leg raised. You can add weights to hanging leg raises.

leg raises with kettlebells on my feet

>Tfw you can't do even a single leg raise

It feels physically impossible to keep my legs straight or to bring them up like that.

Assuming you are mobile enough and the issue lies in your strength, you can start by just raising your knees as high as possible, with your legs bent. At some point you'll be able to do straight leg raises

Start with the knees and than proceed to do the legs

>Do ab wheel
>"Be careful user"
>"YEAH RIGHT THIS IS EASY HAHAHA"
>Next morning
>Feels like I took a baseball bat to the chest

Ab wheel is god tier. Leg raises are next, then decline sit ups, crunches, etc. I try to do yoga once a week too cause that's a bretty solid core workout

Dragonflags, hanging leg raises and weighted decline sit-ups are what I do.

>Squats and DLs are simply not enough no matter what anyone says, and neither are added bodyweight exercises I've noticed.

By what metric? Aesthetics? You're probably too fat

Ab wheel and cable crunches throw in some leg raises and occasionally landmine 180s

I don't do anything for abs because I injured my back and ab work hurts like a motherfucker. When it's done healing, I'm going to have to slam them with crunches, hanging leg raises, and planks.

Ab wheel is the only one I like.
Feel better during my main lifts since I started using it.

by the metric of having a strong enough core to progress safely and well on the big lifts

Weighted pull ups

Yeah you probably hurt your back because your core is too weak.

what?

Squats
Diddlys
Jiu Jitsu

dragon flags

Cable crunches are the best one I've found.
You aren't fighting gravity in the same way as other variations of crunches, so the lower back risk isn't there.

Nothing hits my abs as hard.
Ab wheel is a close second tho.

Front squats, cleans, snatches

KNEE-TUCKS

FULL TWIST HOLDS

STRAIGHT LEG HOLDS

(FLAG)

(y) Front squats are bae

just do exercises which isolate your abs, fuuuuck man. how many times are we gonna get this question, and if you believed that compounds were enough then you're a fucking degernate

google the basics. do them. progress. repeat.

you pull up or chin up, while doing that, you wear a belt to hold extra weight and hang extra weight to the belt.

clear enough?