Was arnold ever actually a big deal among bodybuilders?

was arnold ever actually a big deal among bodybuilders?
was he ever one of the strongest/biggest men on earth or was he just the strongest/biggest actor

Nice b8

>won Mr Olympia 3 years straight
>>was he a big deal in bodybuilding

Top meme

He was the best bodybuilder of his time, but the actual reason why he's practically worshipped is because he made bodybuilding "mainstream." Nowadays it has slipped back into obscurity, but while Arnold reigned, saying bodybuilding was your hobby didn't earn strange looks and people thinking you're gay af. He made it cool to want to be as jacked as possible.

Not hating on Dorian Yates, but he's the one who really pioneered insulin abuse, opening the door for freakazoid fuckhuge mass monsters to arrive on stage. People often make the mistake of thinking old school bodybulding was about *aesthetics* when in reality, the rules haven't changed. They look for the same things now they looked for back then, being as big, lean, and proportionate as possible. The only difference is back when Arnie was da boss, all they really had was AAS and marginal amounts of cadaver growth hormone. Arnie experimented with slin and gh a tiny bit, but it was still way too new of an idea to make a difference. What the guys of his era looked like on stage is a good indicator of the maximum possible results from AAS alone without jumping into slin and GH.

Sorry that was a tangent.

not baiting, I don't know anything about bodybuilding
I just came here to ask this random trivia

Arnold was the best of his time hands down. He took bodybuilding mainstream.

Arnold even for his time was one the biggest, but many others were bigger.

Arnold was never considered one of the strongest men. He has never set any lifting record.

He was a famous body builder before he was famous for movies.

if he was neither the biggest nor the strongest at any point in time how was he "the best"
anyway, I didn't actually care if he was THE best, I was just wondering if he was a legitimately exceptional lifter or if he was just an extremely famous lifter

He's really not ever been a lifter, he lifted to be a bodybuilder. You wouldn't call NFL players lifters but they are all crazy strong from weights too.

He's the most famous bodybuilder ever to live. He's the one that put bodybuilding on the map. He's widely regarded, though not by everyone, as the best of all-time.

He is to bodybuilding what Michael Schumacher was to F1 - the only name that mattered except to those interested in it.

Arnold was small time

You could've typed 'arnold wikipedia' in google instead of wasting all that time on a post like that

Which one of them dies in the end?

Thought so.

You wouldn't know weight training if it weren't for him.
There is a search engine, it's called Google, use it, if you feel you are getting advanced you could even use Wikipedia.
Or read his biography.

Fucking millennials, can't do shit by themselves.

AND the man was in several God-tier action movies;

Conan The Barbarian
The Terminator
Commando
The Running Man
Predator
Total Recall
Terminator 2

!!!FACT!!!

Arnold is the only big deal in bodybuilding, ever. No normal person has head of any other bodybuilders. If he had stuck with powerlifting he's be the only powerlifter any normal person has ever heard of too.

He was like 6'2 250 lbs on stage, so yes he was pretty fucking big. He also only had maybe 1 real competitor at each Olympia he won so who knows where he'd place in today's lineups.

Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2" you moron.

I would never claim otherwise.

>He is to bodybuilding what Michael Schumacher was to F1 - the only name that mattered except to those interested in it.
/thread

Gawd I would go gay for Arnold in his youth. Jesus fucking wept, that man was gorgeous.

lurkmoarfgt

Bodybuilding isn't about being strong, it's about being big and aesthetic (yes there is a difference) , arnold was very strong though, but no where near the strongest. He was one of the most aesthetic bodies of his time however, and arguably one of the most aesthetic of all time.

Also no ones chest beats Arnie's

My mom grew up in southern California during the 70s. Yeah he was a big deal. Arnold was numero uno

>nowadays it has slipped back into obscurity
where the fuck do you live that people think you're weird for bodybuilding?