/plg/ Powerlifting General

Thread dedicated to the SPORT OF POWERLIFTING!
powerliftinggeneral.com/

>roleplaying edition

Links and guides are available in the website.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req= Zatsiorsky&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
youtube.com/watch?v=aKgTbwCeAh4&t=2m27s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KhbXsW2brhM
board.crossfit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5622&d=1261695807
theworldgames.org/the-iwga/athlete-of-the-month/36-athlete-of-the-year-2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sheiko Programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

can someone post some real studies done as to how strength is obtained?

I am going to FUCK Esmeralda and I WANT you all to KNOW

Greg Nuckols has at least two articles that go into the science of it all. On phone so cba searching for them and linking.

I'm not sure what you want, but have you tried using scholar.google.com and sci-hub.bz ?

If you want some books, Zatsiorky is one of the biggest authors gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req= Zatsiorsky&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def

Do you have a public humiliation fetish or something?

is candito natty?

Reminder that trappy is VERY smart.

Yeah

Is Filip Lindström natty?

Less natty than SSB

Hey Isley or anyone who knows IPF rules, I'm doing my first GBPF (sorry, I mean British Powerlifting) meet in a few weeks. Does it matter that my heels are touching on bench like so?

youtube.com/watch?v=aKgTbwCeAh4&t=2m27s

One, read the rules. They're on the ipf website

Two, yes that's legal

Three, your feet mustn't touch the bench

No that's Sean.

>The point wasn't to act smart.
>Google the things I mentioned. It's some ridiculously fucked up medical gore. >The type that actually makes you feel spooked.
>That's why I said it was a wild night.

Is the inside talk amongst elite powerlifters who know for a fact that someone is juicing behind the curtains?

You could have said you were reading on medical gore

I wanted to specify which gore so that people would write it on google images. The surgeries were massive successes though, and it's kinda cool to read about it.

The pincer hands had a specially interesting dilemma. Would have rather kept one hand with four fingers and one amputed hand, or two pincer hands?

Also, life protip: don't work in chinese factories

did anyone ever dealt with shoulder impingement?
i can't fckin bench anymore because of this

I want to die

In for im leaner than kermit

I tore my ACL a number of years ago, and it hurts whenever i go in the cold, and on warm up sets of squat. Sometimes i end up compensating by pushing more on one leg due to tightness which probably causes more damage.

Will knee wraps be worth buying to help keep it all tight, and prevent injury?

This song makes me moist
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KhbXsW2brhM

trappy is so fucking annoying

Toasted in the wrong bread

>when your raw squats are much harder at 60kg lighter

Unsure if angry or pleased

Raw squatting is a shitty meme

I've done worse

>when you were happy with your benching and then you see your bum wasn't on the bench
ree

cant you feel it

can't you FEEL it isley?

trappy you know a lot about programing, why sheiko is so good but canditoe 6week is not?

powerlifters don't make good coaches man

Been lifting for four years lads. Im pretty swole and into aesthetics.

Im going to bulk again. Whats a good routine for aesthetics intermediate?

I have a hone gym my routines

Day a
3x5 lowbar squats
3x8 ohp
3x10 weighted wide grip pull ups
3x10 weighted dippies close grip for maximum tiddies

Day b
1x5 romanian deadlift
3x8 weighred hip thrust
3x10 barbell curl
3x8 weighted chins

My ohp is at 125 3x8 165 lbs
Squat a little under 300 its shit because of no rack till last june.
Deadlift dont care too much about im tryinf to get boys to love me
Cant bench because no bench but can dip

Weighted chins 45 lbs
Weighted wide pullups 3x8 are 25 pounds

Weighted dip 3x10 is 45 but going to lower weight more reps for less hand pain.
5ft9
165 pounds currently 5 inch penis 4 years lifting.

If anyone can give some tips id appreciate it. Im workig so i might not respond. I also dont care about stats i just want big biceps and booty. Biceps to choke my boys and booty so when i bottom daddy gets real hard for me.

>barely benching your bodyweight

congrats Isley Isley Isley
2 more plates to catch up on me

Someone please remove poor BenchBro from this chart.
RIP my friend ;-;

How much time can you spend training below ~85% of your max before you start losing strength?

I've got a little weird question to ask.

Let's say that certain technique is declared 'proper form' as it's the most efficient way to complete given movement (in most cases).

If that's true, does it render any sort of form breakdown (on max effort sets/reps) useless and harmful, simply pointing on the lifters weak spots?

I hope that it's comprehensible.

Sometimes. My bum only ever barely touches the bench so I can get that cheater arch so it's hard.

I think knee sleeves would be better than wraps (not sure, wraps reduce tension on some tendons but sleeves provide support and some stability without the issue with pressing the front of the knee against the cartilage), but with no shadow of a doubt, KNEE BRACES are your best option.

How does your bench look?
In my experience, letting the inflamation pass and fixing the bench form solves the problem.

Prefer to unrack the bar with help, but if you can't get a handoff, bring the bar as close as you can to your chest for unracking (as long as it doesn't hit the rack on the way up).

Then, the same old things. Get a good setup with the highest arch your can; retract your scapulae and set the top of your back on the bench; settle your legs and glutes on the bench keeping constant tension.

And most importantly of all, touch the far lower (towards your tummy button, not your head).
If you're using max grip, go back to pinkies or ring fingers on the marks.

After the inflammation is past, it's also important to exercise mobility.
Stretching exercises 6 times per day, and strengthening rehab exercises for your external rotators on every workout.
Including dynamic stretching is very important. Dumbbell flies with light weights, focusing on stretching your chest (main internal rotator) and shoulder while under load during the eccentric, make a big difference. Same thing with rotator cuff exercises, you not only want to strengthen them, but work their mobility at the same time.

Infinite time. You don't lose strength if the volume is high, you get stronger.
Source: Sheiko

is that legal on IPF Isley? that little space between your butt and becnh?

It's not.

Yes

Not sure what the question here is.
Yes, form breakdown is terrible and should be avoided, specially during training.
Yes it shows weak spots and technique mistakes.

Sorry if this is not what you asked, I'm terrible with English and you weren't very clear.

I wouldn't say C6W is bad. It has worked for many here, Boardie, Alex, among others.

However, the reason I feel Sheiko is better is because it focuses on what's actually important in training. C6W goes kind of all over the place, and spends a lot of time with things that don't directly make you stronger.
Also, C6W has pretty low volume for the bench - while Sheiko is known for massive bench gains.

>Infinite time. You don't lose strength if the volume is high, you get stronger.
>Source: Sheiko

In some cases, volume well less to a decrease in strength.
Fatigue accumulation will mask strength (temporarily).
Too much recoverable volume will eventually fail to cause adaptation.

MOAR VOLUME is not always the immediate answer.

Arguably, higher percentages (85+) yeild more immediate strength gains. Lower intensity volume yells gains later via hypertrophy and movement efficiency.

Please consider the clarity of your drivel before it falls out of your mouth in the future.

Maybe because you haven't been coaching long enough to know anything about an actual lifting career. You only know short term gains.
You should look up a fellow named josh hancott.

pls repond

What I was asking was whether form breakdown is acceptable when maxing in order to achieve the best possible result, or if improving form leads to better results in the long term.

Sorry, it's hard to phrase for me.

haven't seen this post thank you trappy Im the c6w fag

form is OK, arch isn't big but better than average
benching is more painful with a narrow grip than with a wide grip (yep that's weird I don't know why)
inflammation is past but I still got pain as soon as the bar come close to the chest
can't do dumbell bench press nor dips
i'm stretching pecs, lats, traps, doing reverse flies, lots of row, serratus push up..

Do yo even know who you're talking to?

Someone who hasn't even touched a loaded barbell in their life.

>Infinite time. You don't lose strength if the volume is high, you get stronger.
>Source: Sheiko

>Arguably, higher percentages (85+) yeild more immediate strength gains

pls discuss and elaborate your answer this is relevant to my interest

I mean, it's obvious that fatigue affects strength and that training should be properly periodized.
That's like training 101.

This isn't lack of clarity, this is pedanticness from the people who love criticising my accurate posts on small strawmen or cherrypicking of incomplete information I sometimes write due to not having enough time to write a whole essay for every poster or having limited number of characters allowed in a single post.

So I gave him the simple answer, which is the correct answer.
I didn't tell him fatigue is a meme and he should go high volume always. In fact, I mentioned Sheiko, which is a program that's well known for how it manages periods of high volume and the recovery from those.

But I have never recommended or defended programs that do not include a well thought-out fatigue management.

Next time, consider that the person you're addressing already knows what you're talking about and didn't mention it because it was unnecessary drivel.

Anyone who has been coached by me will tell you that injury prevention and technique work at the smallest details is what I focus on the most.

Saying I only know short term gains is, ironically enough, shortsighted of you.

In my opinion, in competition it doesn't matter. What matters is achieving the highest possible result. Proper technique will help you get there, but you're not suppose to give up on a lift just because your back is rounding. Some will disagree with this opinion.

However, in training, a more sensible approach is needed. Training has a goal - make the athlete stronger, better, more proficient, and keep them away from injuries. Since they train with proper form, a max under proper form is much more accurate to use as the centre where you build the training around than a max under massive form breakdown.
So during skill tests, I'd say you have to try hard. But be aware of what your limitations are, and sometimes you're better off giving up on a lift.

Please stop posting these images.

>Anyone who has been coached by me

Tell me one single person

Why? They aren't breaking any rules.

When deadlifting, how close should my legs be to the bar? You're doing it too close if you're getting "scraped" by the bar as you lift right?

This is plg do sheiko and bulk to valhalla

as close to your center mass as possible

im feeling urge to the press. did i catch autism? why do i care about something that is not bench?

You're so fucking juvenile. He didn't say you're breaking the rules. It's about not being an annoying cunt.
Technically I could walk around shirtless all the time without breaking the law but I choose not to because that would make me a douchebag and it disrespects the community I'm part of.

You can choose to be a piece of shit, or not. Up to you.

What size to go for knee sleeves? My knees measured at 15.5" which is the cut of for a large and XL.

I heard you should go one size smaller, so should i go for mediums?

reporting, trappy told me to do TM and then sheiko, had gotten crazy gains

>You're doing it too close if you're getting "scraped" by the bar as you lift right?

Don't think so

You're supposed to start with it in between your legs. One in front of the bar and the other behind the bar

the press™ is the patrician choice for upper body strenght

jelly too much? at least she's posting decent advice open to discussion

you are the one who's a whinny faggot

Bar should be over the middle of your feet.

That means as close as necessary to be over the middle of your feet.

Pretty much always means touching the shins at the start, but not necessarily scraping them all the way up (depends). But scraping is usually part of it, that's why we wear deadlift socks.
Vid kinda related.

There's less scraping on WL than PL btw, as an interesting detail. Some athletes have a different technique for the first pull on the clean and snatch than what you'd see on a deadlift, meaning their knees go way back... but this is getting into another can of worms.

I have nothing to prove to you.
What matters here isn't who I am and my personal life, what matters is what I say.

I don't see what's the issue here.

Then use wide grip.
Are you sure it's impingement?

man you're a stinky fucking peace of ass

Thanks for formulating my thoughts so perfectly. Now convince him to leave and never come back, please.

Hey trappy

>tfw no 10 plate diddly

not a hundred percent sure but it matches everything. did xrays and ultrasound, tendons were okay. idk what else it could be

You're a disgusting human being.

TRAPPY IS one TIGHT, stINKY peace oF ASS

So if I cut and do Sheiko I will increase my maxes?

>What matters here isn't who I am and my personal life, what matters is what I say.

If you actually thought that, you wouldnt trip.

>what matters is what I say.
keked

My offer of passionate sex still stands if you want to meet. (I'm from São Paulo too)

Think about it.

Will people laugh at my powerlifters body if I go swimming?

Im bulking.

My offer of rough sex still stands if you ever come to Canada.

Think about it.

post body

Can you please describe to me all the locations the pain is at and what type of pain it is. Also if you feel any tingling, numbness, or burning sensation.
Please mention all locations.

If you have any video of you benching would be helpful as well.

Do you unrack or get a handoff?
Do you feel it exclusively after bench, or with other lifts? Do you feel it outside of lifting?
Do you squat high or lowbar?
Are you sure it's not biceps tendinitis? Have you tested if doing supinating curls soothes the pain?

I might have more questions but these are enough for now.

Colombiangirl just did a 8kg or so cut on Sheiko and increased her wilks by 30 points. Her bench went up 14kg, she maintained the squat, and deadlift went up a little bit... if I recall correctly.

So I'd say it's definitely possible.

It was a request from the community. Took months but eventually they convinced me to.

>tfw no 11bags diddly

Hello :3c

No.

Look at present Isley and take 10 kilos of fat and a couple of kilos of muscle out.

Anyone here use Bluetooth headphones/earbuds at the gym? Any recommendations? Getting pretty tired of dealing with the wire on my earbuds (and the phone hanging off of it), even though I like them.

Woops, I was meant to post this webm kekkk

>Colombian
Every time I read Congolombian

Not even joking here

the problem here is that this is an ANONYMOUS image board and people feel the need to act as if they own the place or act as if they know what's best for other people.

How are you?

Doing well, got some interesting books to read, and a few researches that I'm really curious about.

And it's summer break, so it's nice to spend some time just chilling. Wish my friends and bf were as available as I am right now though.

>bf

What books are you reading?

Oh so you finally got a bf? :3 Good to hear.

Who's Eldritch Evil?

pain is around here board.crossfit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5622&d=1261695807
it feels like something is being pinched or like there is friction, no tingling, numbness or burning sensation
don't have any recent video
I unrack myself
I feel it during benching while lowering the bar toward my chest, outside lifting I can hear my shoulder clicking when I raise my arm
squatting low bar
not sure about biceps tendinitis but I don't think so
btw thanks for your help m8

HEY EVERYONE

There are only 13 days left to vote for Ray Williams to win the 'IWGA Athlete of the Year Award'. Ray is currently in 2nd place, behind some Muaythai nobody.

Don't forget you can vote for Ray Williams once everyday!

Follow the link to vote: theworldgames.org/the-iwga/athlete-of-the-month/36-athlete-of-the-year-2016

Vote today, vote tomorrow, vote thirteen times over the next thirteen days

Subscribed and voted

i got that email too lol

wtf my computer has a virus now

Sup Scene

Long time no see

>muaytai nobody

Thanks, voted for the floorball player