Is it true the body can only use 30g of protein an hour...

Is it true the body can only use 30g of protein an hour? so eating a big chicken meal is basically a waste of proteins if the body can only use 30g of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-can-i-eat-in-one-sitting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yep

Assuming you're serious, where does it go? Does it metabolize to fat or come out as poopoo?

If it just comes out as poopoo does this mean you can binge on a huge steak and it won't add weight? Just curious.

Yeah eating a lot of protein at one time is a waste, after working out and drinking a protein shake there is no point ingesting any more protein for at least an hour

definitely not. it turns straight into bodyfat

I've actually heard that the body can only use 30g of protein an hour and that the rest just gets pissed put

Metabolizes to fat

You can only absorb about 30-50g in an hour yes. But your body isn't that simple and shit don't go through you that fast. You can eat loads in one go and absorb it across the next couple of hours. Obviously if you hugely binge out then what is left will go through you.
Another point, what you absorb, if you don't use it all, it can be converted into fat.

>>>>>>>>

That's the urea, and that is what is already absorbed by your body. And you can store some of what you absorb for a small window.

holy fuck neo Veeky Forums is retarded

you don't piss out protein you retards

Might not piss it out but you can't consume 100g in one sitting and expect it to all get used

Sticky says there is no evidence of some protein time limit.

Read this

You don't understand digestion m'dude

The sticky was written by a fat neckbeard though

>protein-rich foods are instantly digested and the nutrients immediately distributed within an hour causing the body to become protein saturated
Digestion takes several hours, even with the fastest digesting foods. Perhaps you could deliberately create this scenario with enough the right foods, who knows, but in general it is a myth.

By a skinny one actually. You really know shit man

Thanks that explains it and I'm gonna start eating more protein per sitting now

I miss harsh 2bh
I just wanna go back to the golden age of Veeky Forums lads...

the chicken stays in your body for 6-8 hours you retarded fuck.

And a roided out ripped bodybuilder digests far more than the 30g protein an hour than some 25% bodyfat pajeet who works in a call centre who was the main subject of the study.

which is why whey is 100% useless.

>whey is useless

I'd love to see someone make decent gains without protein shakes

Are you b8ing right now? Please tell me true

You can make gains just fine without it, but it is useful for getting your protein with fewer calories while cutting.
I like my weight gainers though, because I'm a lazy faggot when it comes to cooking and eating.

It takes more than an hour to digest food.

Let me break down the bromath for you: How long after you eat do you feel hungry again? That many hours * 30 = how much protein you can eat in one meal without it going to waste.

Short answer, there probably is an upper limit to how much protein it makes sense to eat in one meal, but it's a LOT higher than 30.

>whey
>digests in an hour tops

Yeah it's useless shit, you won't digest it fast enough unless you're fasted, post workout and only take 1.5 scoops max(with WATER).

Use casein if you must use powders.

Ah, what would a pajeet like you even know anyway.

Everyone I know who's jacked uses protein shakes

I think I'm going to write an answer for every fucking question fit asks, because in comparison to the sticky, anons ask a fuckton of questions that the sticky doesn't have

If you answer every question, your document will be longer than the sticky and newfags won't read it.
If you make it shorter it will just be a worse, redundant version of the sticky.
There is no victory for you here.

So what is the official fucking answer? Does the body use 30g of protein at a time? Is eating a ton at once pointless or is it okay since it might break down at once?

It's fine to eat a lot at once.

Newfags won't read it, but I can just copy-paste from my gym bible.

No you autist. The 30 g meme is literally a meme. Our bodies have evolved to extract as much nutrition as possible from our food. If you eat a bunch of protein, it will chill in your gut until you get all those AAs out.

Ima start eating more at one time now G dawg

Holy fuck the amount of broscience retardedness on Veeky Forums is astounding.

Firstly, digestion takes HOURS. Its not like you eat a steak and BOOM the protein goes straight to your blood stream. Enzymes in your stomach and intestines slowly break down the proteins into amino acids for the body to use. Thus, you get a steady intake of protein as time goes on.

Second, even IF your body were to absorb protein instantly and turn excess protein into body fat (which it doesn't), there is a metabolic cycle DEDICATED to turning fat into protein. In fact, your body constantly turns sugars, fats, and proteins into their other macronutrient counterparts on a constant basis (google ketogenesis).

Now this is not to say that if you ingest 100g of protein at once that its going to go well for you. But this 30g of protein shit is a meme.

Source: BS microbio

Turns out the average shitposter is retarded.

>not inserting the steak directly into your anus for maximum absorption

I will read it. I actually would like to learn.

This.
Also
>not taking your steak i.v.

[citation needed]

literally no basis for this kek

I only give myself protein shake enemas ironically!

>protein converts to fat
read the sticky bakas

It does you fuck

do it. I will read that shit.

plus we can just copy paste it to newfags asking the same 5 questions time and time again

It's bullshit to make goys eat more throughout the day. I eat one big meal a day in the span of a couple hours and am still bodybuilding perfectly fine. Doctors don't know shit about lifting and dieting at all.

fuck no OP we would have died so fast back in the day if this were the case

>mfw eating 1000g of protein a day but lose weight because my body ignores everything after 30g an hour
fuck off you dumb cunts