Oly lifting general

/owg/ we need autism shoes edition.

This general is for Olympic lifting discussion, and posting videos. Power fags aren't welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/sport/weightlifting/38603321
youtube.com/watch?v=bte6rg995ZI
youtube.com/watch?v=00SWOUnAgL0
youtube.com/watch?v=XKLVlYt2Ioc
youtube.com/watch?v=uwLM5n-rYmA
youtube.com/watch?v=SxQkVD0UQNg
youtube.com/watch?v=XF5LLh7kmfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumpe

How do I into weightlifting? Should I build up a strength base first with standard barbell/SS type lifts? I'm new to lifting but I think this is the direction I want to go.

I tried some of the movements the other day and I'm worried about mobility. Anyone have a good stretching routine for someone like me?

Train strength while learning technique.

When you are ready you can do a proper weightlifting program

When I first started lifting, I joined a commercial gym and did a full body strength routine for three days a week and yoga twice a week. After six months I joined an Oly gym and got coaching. I felt very prepared for it, and I would recommend doing it that way if you're starting at "never touched a barbell before" tier.

Start doing mobility work immediately. Look up videos on how to do the lifts, and practice them in front of mirror until you can do it perfectly every time with just the bar. Find a barbell club asap.

California strength has some good videos for stretches. Stretch daily, and stretch before every session.

You don't need a base of strength, but it would be a good idea to start starting strength style squatting and doing push presses (learn how to do them right, they aren't just cheating over head presses) twice a week with pull ups also twice a week.

Glenn pendlay (one of the best US coaches) and torokhsky (Ukraine olympic gold medalist) are two very good sources.

Forgot to mention,
You should be doing shoulder dislocates, and third world squats daily at this stage, those two will cover a lot of your needs, but not all. You will need to get to the point that pushing yourself to a rock bottom squat with a bar over your head or on your chest is both quick and natural.

for ankle mobility make sure to stretch your soleus and especially gastroc

do the barbell ankle stretch with one knee at a time

This, but dont try to mimic any of california strengths lifting techniques. Stretches are fine, but dont get used to picking up ques from coaches to athletes other than yourself. That will seriously fuck you up

Yeah, this is good too. Those fuckers get tight quickly.

Basically you load a bar as a counterweight, put it on your quads, then push your knees as forward as possible while keeping a vertical torso and feet fully on the ground.

I also like to hang off of one of those calf raise steps. My personal warm up is:

Hang off steps
Modified third world squat thing (has a name that I don't know)
Barbell calf stretch
Door stretch both sides ( as in pecs/any delts and traps/rear delts)
Lat stretch

Then warm up specifically for lift, then start working to work sets. Lift specific warm up varies by your needs.

The general and specific warm up take less than 10 minutes, and should end up around 5 if you are working quick.

This too.

Glenn pendlay teaches good beginner technique, and progressions for it, but there is much more to it. Most lifters' ideal form will also probably look very different than yours. Like look at how torokhsky jerks. What the fuck is up with how he leans forward so much, and why does he power jerk as his main style? I don't know, but I know that 99.9% of lifters won't get close to his level, so it obviously works for him. I know I'd lose jerks forward if I jerked like him though.

Would anyone else raw dog Lidia Valentin?

shes old and has a monster clit

i would let her give me a handjob with those forearms

bbc.com/sport/weightlifting/38603321

CHINA BTFO DIRTY ROID MONKEYS

Didn't realize she was 31. Why clit dick though? She got gold and silver because others failed testing.

Nice. Roiders are getting what they deserve. Let's see some natties medal.

>natties
>medal

Pick one

>gold medal
>clean

Testing clean once and being clean aren't the same thing

norik is also getting sanctioned how come no one talks about it lmao

Because he wasn't a US athlete during this time.

>hating roids
>hating china

this isn't the sport for you

Just got a foam roller. Holy shit rolling the lateral side/it band of your leg hurts so bad. Do they help as much as people say?
Used this basic routine-youtube.com/watch?v=bte6rg995ZI

How mad are you at them getting caught

My vagina bled all day when I found it. :(

>lelele u mad?? xd

Stop being a petulant child. This isn't /sp/, I don't hate on any other lifters or lifting nations because I'm a student of the sport, unlike you. I respect all lifters because I can learn something from everyone.

>I'm a student of the sport, unlike you.

>TIP FADORA XDD

Almost all power jerks have to have forward lean because it puts your hips back. Look at apti.

Obviously but never will cos she a rug muncher m8

>Its executive board decided "national federations confirmed to have produced three or more anti-doping rule violations in the combined re-analysis process of the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games shall be suspended for one year".
so China is out of Comps for one Year now?

Lol
If you truly were like you say then you'd know how fucking harmful your attitude of condoning cheating is to lifters who miss out on four years funding by one place. If you only wanna see big lifts go back to ur hookgrip videos

>I know nothing about testing standards

You should def do a linear progression program on squats, deads, and presses, as well as increasing your mobility and learning the lifts with an empty bar. Getting the movements ingrained from the beginning will help you immensely.

Pretty sure his name was taken off with the B samples if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think you do desu. Spain has pretty lax anti doping for western europe

I want to incorporate olympic lifts into my routine, so I tried a clean.
Critique (roast) my form.

This is not a clean at all, a clean implies you catch at the bottom of your squat. This is a power clean with bad balance. If you want to really clean you must catch the bar at the bottom.

everything is fucked, don't focus on any particular thing
ps. you look like blueshoes

I would spend about a half a year to a year doing a strength based program. But edit it to be more focused in olympic stuff.

Like squats for frontsquats or just high bar.

Try not having the bar a foot away from your body throughout the entire movement.

Bar is too far out from your body in the setup, looks like a bad conventional deadlift. The bar isn't making any contact with the body, which it should. When you catch the clean, you should be catching it on your clavicles, not with your hands. As for the jerk, you're not driving the bar up with enough force, so it looks a lot more like a push press in a split position rather than a jerk. Really not absolutely terrible for a novice, just watch some tutorials on YouTube and film yourself. Good places to start would be Torokthiy's channel, as well as Cal Strength's tutorials.

Thanks for the feedback!

>empty bar meme

get an oly gym membeeship and an oly coach. no need for base strength or anyting like that.

why dont many pro lifters hold the bar upright over their heads in the first reps of a set of many reps? it's like they drop it early
like in the first snatch here: youtube.com/watch?v=00SWOUnAgL0

spain is more south than west
>t. spainfag

lol everyone roids my dude

When you're at that level it's just needless fatigue for a lift you can make easy, so why bother

Yeah u right I just meant it's not like an eastern bloc country who never test for peds

>LGTSS
>Women

At least Liu and Tao are safe.

I want to incorporate more hypertrophy into my training but my coach won't let me.

I'm trying to bulk from 77 to 105 (eventually) and I'm worried that sets of two and three on snatch, snatch variations and clean & jerk and variations pluss 3x3 front squats are enough volume?

I have already been strength lifting for two years and worried I've used up my beginner gains. I don't gain weight as easy anymore and for the first time I'm doing less than sets of five.

yeah, east yurop can't give two fucks about anti doping

>but my coach won't let me.

fuck him in the ass till he lets you

wtf does he know your plan to be a 105? some bb session at the end of each workout wont hurt at all you're not even good yet to have just wl programming the priority

listen to your coach, man. If you want to look cool in a polo shirt maybe try bodybuilding instead
Also, your weightclass is directly related to height. you can't be 105 if your height is 175cm

Right sure. But I'm training more or less every day and if I start doing back and shoulder work every session eventually I'm gonna burn out.

That is EXACTLY why I want to be 105. I'm 184 centimeters. I'm weak as fuck because I'm still lanky.

>I'm gonna burn out.

or you adapt and get bigger fucking retard

there's a reason why programs have deloads too, or you can change up the volume if you feel like you're not recovering enough

not that hard to do desu

Lol you're probably not gonna burn out, I do bb work after every session and I just moderate volume based on how I feel, coming out of a deload I'll do like 6 different bb exercises every session but closer to the end of the month I'll only do 2 or 3.

Best stretches for a great squat?

I stretch often almost at splits but I'm wondering what your favourite stretches are for;

Calves
Hips
Upper Back/Tspine

you'll get there in time, man. don't worry. if you push things, you'll end up fat and weak

Lol that's what happened to me, bulked to 85 from 62 in about a month and gained 0 strength, now that I'm cutting my numbers are going up but I feel so poop I can't really push myself

The back is hardest for me to stretch but for hips I like the froggy pose and getting into a squat and pushing my legs out using my elbows, idk what it's called

Does anyone have any tricks for making cutting easier? I normally just smash coke zero and flavor water but I normally just cut from 67-62 so it's not longer than 2-3 weeks, this is hell

> there's a gym four blocks from home thats owned by a weightlifter
>she actually went to the olympics
>its dedicated exclusively to crossfit

i dont know how to cope with this

go and fucking ask if you can workout and just do weightlifting

fucking autism

>tfw hit 135 lb snatch pr yesterday

May not seem like much, but my shoulder flexibility has sucked for the past few years and I finally figured out what the problem was a few months ago.

Anyways, on clean and jerk, should I be switching which foot leads on the jerk? I always throw my right foot back on every rep and today my bar kept leaning to the left for some reason, like that side was weaker.

Also, throwing back my right leg sometimes feels like I'm about to pull my groin, should I just stretch it more?

>dis nigga

what you think "exclusively" means

>exclusively
I got a lesbian who's "exclusively" into chicks sucka my dick

fucktard

Nice on the snatch pr m8, do you foam roll, you could have tightness of the groin? Also maybe if your back leg is too straight you'd be putting too much pressure on it? You shouldn't really be switching feet on split as it works against muscle memory

Thanks bruh

I do foam roll, but I only try to roll out knots in my shoulder blades and relax my lats. I guess I'll have to start awkwardly rolling out my balls at the gym.

I am new to Oly lifting but I do a variety of mobility and stretching exercises before lifting. Most I found on youtube.

Here are some links:

youtube.com/watch?v=XKLVlYt2Ioc
youtube.com/watch?v=uwLM5n-rYmA
youtube.com/watch?v=SxQkVD0UQNg
youtube.com/watch?v=XF5LLh7kmfk (starts at 50 sec)

Again, I'm a noob, so any advice from other anons would be appreciated here as well.

no user, you dont get laid, thats why you are so mad

>"i can only lift with good form when there's weight on the bar"

fag

you have bad tech and your'e in denial

bearfu

Just spend 15 minutes at the end of each workout doing various high rep isolation stuff.

Srsly, listen to your coach. Internet is full of powaliftahh programs where you should add 5kg to your belly in a few months for serious gains.

Your coach knows that you will probably just muscle everything if you focus on strength and hypertrophy. Instead, he wants to make you more athletic for wl

No, you need weight to:
1) Understand and develope more tension
2) Understand and develope more acceleration to the bar (you can pretty much do anything with a fucking barbell)
3) Have some serious cerebellum gains when you can actually feel if the bar is not right, unless you are so skelly that even an empty bar will throw you off

Why does this thread always die?

A lot of the regular tripfags have left. Also powerlifting is more popular on Veeky Forums, since it's a sport for mongoloids.

Tell your coach you would like to increase your squat and overhead strength.

If still no change go buy some cheap dumbells and do high rep BB stuff for like 20 mins when you get home.

Powerlifting is more popular on Veeky Forums because they're all virgin betas who orbit a delusional mentaly ill transgender freak that has barely touched a barbell in his life and who's only source of knowledge is what's written by Rippetoe and Sheiko, which he then proceeds to regurgitate with no practical evidence to back any of his claims up.

We have a bench in our place. May start using if after sessions. My chest is severy lacking. I know it doesn't have any direct carryover to weightlifting but hey at least my chest will be big.