Is it possible to get a body like this just from swimming?

Is it possible to get a body like this just from swimming?
If I swam for an hour every day how long would it take? (I'm 5'4, 105lbs and unfit)

all pro-swimmers go to the gym and do weightlifting as well, so i dont think its possible

no

what the fuck kind of argument is that you retard?

in high school my practice were 2.5 hours. 2 in the pool and 30 minutes for dryland. i did this 6 days a week.

it sucked.

my friend was a competeive swimmer, used to train for 8 hours a day and eat like mad and thats the kind of body he had

No, you will need to add the same style of weight training done by swimmers.

Well its a statement not an argument.

Actual swimmer here..Our coach usually puts us in the gym 3x a week.
That being said out of a 36-48 hours of swimming per week that's not very much time.

Mad?

Training like a swimmer will help, but that means more than just swimming.

But a "swimmer's physique" is mostly about the kind of people who become successful swimmers.

Just like playing basketball won't make you taller, swimming won't give you wide shoulders and narrow hips.

>5'4, 105lbs

holy crap dude, your concern should not be in trying to find shortcuts right now

you should just go start lifting, don't kill yourself or anything if people give you shit for not being able to lift much. trying to push yourself farther than what you are actually capable is a way to be injured. just take it easy, slowly, and start lifting

Does spending a lot of time in the water affect your skin and bodyfat in a way that other kinds of training doesn't? Swimmers all seem to have smooth, tight skin, and evenly distributed, firm, subcutaneous fat. My impression is you don't really see that particular pattern in other athletes.

Other sports are not as affected by hydrodynamics. The less effort a swimmer has to make the better.

Its the way they train not the swimming persay.

Wouldn't the same apply to marathoners? And they look like cancer survivors.

Do you burn more calories from your body trying stay warm in water or ia that just broscience?

Not him, but Phelps said he didnt go to the gym until after the 2012 Olympics.

It's the whole basis of the Ray Cronise cult that helped Penn Jillette lose the weight. He saw those news stories about Michael Phelps eating 12000 Cal a day and thought the explanation that it was just exercise burning it all didn't make sense.

I guess, but caloric cost of muscle paired with the cost to carry it increases with distance.

Marathoners depending on the distance they specialize in will look more and more like death is about to take them.

Marathoners need very little upper-body strength compared to swimmers. So a swimmer has to weigh strength vs hydrodynamics.

Its a fact that to increase or decrease your core temperature requires energy, but at the end of the day I don't think it would be significant.

Sort of, a lot of the swimmers physique is having absurdly low body fat from doing 3 hours of cardio per day