Language gains

What languages do you know Veeky Forums? Which one is your favorite? Also you don't have to be completely fluent in them.
>English-native
>French-favorite
>Spanish-it's okay

The only language that matters

Esperanto?

Thinking about learning Italian and Portuguese since that's where my parents are from.

Mongolianese??

>using a wittgenstein quote to promote learning different languages

>German-native
>English-favourite (Literally the easiest language I know)
>Polish (Mother)
>Spanish (Fucking hate this language. Sounds gay and school forces me to learn it, even tough it's completely unnecessary)

English- I'm a native (Britfag)
Russian - I've lived here for over 2 years now and wife is Russian, so it figures.

Wanna start French one day too

Relatively fluent in reading most Indo-European languages, speaking is not as good but I can usually make myself understood. The more you learn, the easier it gets to see in what ways all the languages are connected and the quicker you'll intuitively understand a word you've never seen before. It's really great. Eventually I plan on learning outside the Indo-European family, but making the step is pretty daunting and I want to get better at the languages I already know first.

heh

600 million people speak Spanish, and probably more than a billion speak a Romance language, so I wouldn't say it's unnecessary to know it. (and trying to understand a Spaniard's English is pretty much the absolute madman)

Why would a britfag move and live in Russia ?.

Must be grass is greener and all that.

Shieeet.

Life really ain't that bad here, I rate it way more than living in London anyway

Spanish mother tongue, italian, german and english. They serve no purpose.

I guess its all about the money. I just couldn't stand "bydlo" and "mat".

Russian
Greek
English
Learning Spanish this year

For all you multi language fags what is your prefered way to learn a language? A book? Classes? An app (duolingo for example)?

Just because you put "gains" at the end of a subject doesn't make it fitness related.

Fuck French, I'm so sick of pretentious faggots applauding it. France is a muslim infested shithole with terror attacks every day, the language will probably be extinct in 100 years

communicating with native speakers

Classes if possible, otherwise an app like Duolingo or Memrise with a book/pdf as background info if something's not clear. Of course nothing beats , because that's the only way you'll be able to speak the spoken actual language instead of speaking the constructed written language.

That's where you're wrong buckaroo.

english
turkish

Japanese and Chinese. Gonna pick up Korean after German to have the holy trinity of Eastern languages.

>tfw you haven't studied your target language this week...

Pic not related

Memrise for vocab
Wikipedia and the internet for grammar
Audio lessons for speaking and listening

Check out if you want some resources or need pointers.

Why is all this shit considered 'Veeky Forums approved' and why should someone care what Veeky Forums approves regarding literature?

English, Hebrew and Russian.
Used to know Arabic and Ukrainian, but forgot through disuse.
Also learned basic French in high school. I should really get back into that but I have other shit on my hands currently.

What said
Lacking that option, watch that languages media, preferably without subtitles, read books, etc

>french
Native language
>english
That's okay. Easy to learn, it's convenient and malleable.
>spanish
I barely have any notions anymore, maybe I could understand it if spoken very slowly.
I can read it but mastering a romance language should be enough to decypher French, Spanish or Italian. I'm not sure about Portuguese and Romanian.

Most people who come to Veeky Forums share many goals and philosophies, so it's implied those books would suit a typical Veeky Forums goer.

It means some faggot put together some meme books and slammed a Veeky Forums sticker on it

You sure feel happy about being part of the herd.

>No Joyce
>No Lermontov
>No Stein
>No Theroux
Pretty pleb list you have there, perhaps kys is an option instead

This is the best way but of course that's not available most of the time so what I go for is pimsleur, memelingo then textbooks and all sorts of media(radio, series, movies, books...) along with flash cards for vocabulary gains.

You didn't pick it up as a child?

I bet the only reason Tacitus is in the list is because it's about annals.

Keep projecting nerd

> English - native
> French - use it a good amount since I live in Quebec
> Persian - mother's native language. It's okay but difficult to speak colloquially
> Norwegian - favorite

Spanish-Native
Catalan-Native (in b4 not a language)
English-Enough to shitpost coherently on Veeky Forums, watch movies and tv series and to read books and papers. Still suck speaking it.
German-Ein bisschen

Shut up, braindead sheep. I'm sure you also enjoy watching fitness youtubers and the 'fitness culture' they spout, dont ya?

Faggot

>Swedish - native
>English - near-native
>Japanese - 悪い
>German - bad

>war books

Absolutely disgusting.