Are cold showers a meme or are they actually superior to hot showers?

Are cold showers a meme or are they actually superior to hot showers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw&t=1851s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_shock_response
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Makes no difference.

Yes makes s total difference

just wakes you up better in the morning that's it

Its different for every person

great for ball gains

It makes some difference

can you repeat the question

you'll grow bigger muscles

Makes about 50/50% difference

10/10, would ask for advice again

You're not the boss of me now

seen numerous "claims" that cold showers improve health, hair, skin, etc. compared to hot showers, asking a bunch of anonymous narcissistic austists for their anecdotal experiences

the cold shower meme is mostly Californians calling the rest of the world pussies for not putting their water on minimum temperature

I've taken just one cold shower and my penis grew 12 inches!

delet this

Makes about a 25% difference

i took a cold shower this morning and gained 5lbs of muscle.

do you like not actually cleaning yourself and possibly hypothermia?

then cold showers are for you my man

memes aside, is it actually better for your skin? like, does hot water "opening your pores" make your skin drier and more prone to acne?

After I started taking cold showers I felt like such a badass and the feeling lasted all day, so much so that I know have a qt3.14 gf and she loves my cock

pic not related, right?

I've taken cold showers for a month or so then resorted to a hot one as an indulgence. My skin was so red and dry after. Moral of the story: don't drink and drive

I do it just to stay acclimated to cold weather and water. I swim and fish in a lot of glacier lakes In the summer and I feel like it helps take the edge off.

Cold showers boost alertness, cause the pores to contract, and also boost metabolism for a short period of time. Aside from that they don't do much, and also they suppress the immune system.

hot water does dry out your skin and hair. it'll make your skin produce more oil because it rinses it of every day.

For those who actually want to know about the benefits of cold showers, I advise you to look up 'Wim Hof' on youtube.

Cold showers are no meme. But it is just like fat people calling a healthy lifestyle a meme; if you dont get immediate results, it probably has to be a fraud and people should be ashamed by spreading these lies.

or might there be a different side to the story?

Pic related.

While you're at it, check out the greatest story never told on YouTube.

80℅ of the time is makes a 20℅ difference

nice ass

Why is Veeky Forums so gay?

Link whatever video is about cold showers?

i'm sorry you think man jaws and duck faces are cute

fapped to it, thanks

I'm sorry you dont

They are healthier for your skin by a long shot. Opening your pores with chlorinated water is horrible and ages your skin worse than years of smoking.

The little things make all the difference, unless you are in winter wonderland try to keep showers cold.

"The showers at Alcatraz were always supplied with moderately hot water, in order to hinder inmates from becoming acclimated to the freezing Bay waters"
It makes you fucking bullet-proof

Be happy for him you faggot

she's a cutie!

youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw&t=1851s

Cold lakes, cold showers. the message remains the same.

Took cold showers for about 6 months, always after gym. It was a massive improvement.

>body feels more relaxed after the shower
>wakes you up
>helps your immune system
>helps your skin and hair
>use much, much less water

The headrush you feel when you start showering is not pleasant at all but you get used to it.

Makes skin better and that's about it

Don't listen to these retards it's better for your skin and stops you being a pussy.

Step into a freezing cold shower and notice how your breathing changes.

Although a cold swim is preferrable.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_shock_response
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252

I've said it before but I'll say it again - shower at whatever temperature you prefer but at the end decrease the temperature every couple of seconds to cool it down. Doing this will help close the pores of your skin on your back and shoulders and help prevent acne. You don't have to go super cold. Also please remember no electronic devices in the shower, especially no car batteries I learned that the shocking way

Been doing cold showers for about 2 or 3 weeks now can't remember. I take one after working out in the morning. I start with luke warm water to cool down from my workout and wash off everything then soak in cold water for at least 5-10 min. I have definitely noticed it has made my hair softer and less dried out and I have hardly any DOMS. I'm not sure if it's helping with fat burning but I'm going to keep going with it for a while longer to see what happens.

The first minute or so sucks but after that you get used to the water and it won't really bother you anymore. Also start with the spray on your back.

Protip: put a pair of underwear in the dryer before the shower. Nothing better after freezing your balls off then slipping on a warm pair of undies .

Your pores do not actually open. Thats a new age health meme.

Always taking hot showers wears out the collegen in your skin making wrinkles more likely and more pronounced both have there merits and demerits

>somthin somethin rids muscles of lactic acid somethin somethin

It also helps drop your heart rate. I will splash water on my face, back of neck/wrists, or balls to "shock" my system and drop my heart rate.

underrated post