What are some high protein vegetarian meals?

What are some high protein vegetarian meals?

I've decided to go vegetarian in 2017 and for the first 19 days I've just eaten a kidney/black bean chili on rice for dinner, getting kind of sick of it.

Wanting something cheap too, not gonna go buy a pack of tofu every night.

Be a lacto-ovo-vegetarian.

>tofu
>expensive

It is if you want a decent amount macro wise every meal, it's cheap if you follow some little pintrest recipes and get like 8g of protein a meal.

I am and I have most meals down, but I'm struggling on a a solid dinner to switch up from my chili

protein shakes, beans, lentils, milk, eggs, yoghurt (get the plain stuff so it isn't full of sugar and just chuck in fruit or nuts if you don't like the taste)

Those aren't meals

Work them into meals you lazy cunt

Chicken

Make Korean soybean paste soup with tofu. Preparation literally smells like dead animal but it is incredibly nutritious and calorie dense. Do you live near an Asian mart?

You're not understanding what this thread is about, I am aware that beans and eggs exist.

Then buy a cookbook. Get one that has a chapter on eggs.

apart from the ones that have been mentioned already: cheese and cottege cheese

What is your endgame here? to convince me that it was a bad idea to ask Veeky Forums for meal ideas?

>eat eggs and milk
>buy a cookbook

Literally what are you gaining from this? Be more like this guyThis looks solid, I can probably find some, what's the taste like?

You're not understanding what this board is about
>>Veeky Forums

It tastes like a salty, thick soup. Its like Japanese miso x 5.
Damn, I just realized it is incredibly hard for me to describe the taste of something I eat everyday.

Pretty much any vegetable soup or stew (e.g. leek and potato) can work well if you add a bunch of lentils or chickpeas.

Shakshouka works alright for a decently simple thing to cook using eggs, although you'll probably need to use more eggs than most recipes if you're looking for decent protein content.

Spanish Omelette/Tortilla/Frittata whatever it's called works though it can be a pain if you want to flip it properly.

You can replace the meat in jambalaya with beans, and a shepherds pie can be made with lentils, though those two might not be dense enough with protein content per weight.

Use nutritional yeast like seasoning

>soup or stew

Single most overlooked, easiest to make Veeky Forums meal on earth. You can cook your vegetable to whatever level of crisp/soggy you like, and won't lose any nutrients provided you drink the broth. Throw it all in a slow cooker and you're gold.

lentils are pretty amazing nutritionally

How's your digestion?

Cheers mate, didn't even think about soups desu, will check these out.

Like a strong miso? gonna try this out for sure but it could go either way

First week I was gassy as fuck but I'm good now. I cut on keto a couple times a year so I guess my gut's used to curve balls by now.

Been going hard on the chickpeas/beans/quinoa will throw some lentils in there too.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian and love nothing more than a nice ribeye but I actually like garden burger and boca burgers. The macros are pretty solid too.