EURO-FUCKING-CENTRISM

Can we talk about the blatant eurocentrism on this board, Veeky Forumstorians? We can't talk about anything else without people comparing the subject to Europeans or Western civilization, and its not like it gets that many replies anyways.

Just scroll down and see what people post about most

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Khaldun
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muqaddimah
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_historians
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>A board that's mostly composed of Europeans or European diaspora wants to talk mostly about European history
Color me shocked.

>enter european threads
>be angry about people discussing european history
woah

>be non-euro
lmao

250.000 is quite the overstatement for tenochtitlan

>A city that amazing still got blown the fuck out by a couple hundred drunk Spaniards because they had guns and horses
Lmao, stay mad non-Euro. European history is the most interesting and has the most records on it so we will discuss it the most.

stop enjoying Western history

Most of the fighting was done by the Tlaxcalans.

Fuck off /pol/flagger

>fpbp

I understand this, I am a non euro and I can totally get why someone would feel that this board is eurocentric. So what? I have posted like a ton of times about Indian dynasties and the threads which all die under the weight of romaboo, byzaboo, or some nordic inferiority complex thread about them being founders of civilizations in fucking china.

Same story, different people, how many civilizations, cultures and ethnic groups have come an gone since the dawn of man? Tlaxcalans saw an opportunity to get a leg up on the Aztecs and they took it.

Also regarding OP, they took the most records dude, there's simply just so much to talk about when it comes to the Euros

this

>Europeans are the only ones who make a real go of recording factual history
>history is eurocentric
soyboy plz leave

Europe and MENA is 90% of all worthwhile history.

Nonwhites don't care about their own history. They only care about the latest K-pop drama and Running Man. Why should us whites care about other people's history (regardless if they're relevant or not)? Stop forcibly shoving shit into us just to appease some lying ideologues and their sham of a career, we're free to think whatever we want. Eurocentric or not.

>Europeans are the only ones who make a real go of recording factual history

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Khaldun
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muqaddimah
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_historians
>"The vagueness of ancient historians about their sources stands in stark contrast to the insistence that scholars such as Bukhari andMuslimmanifested in knowing every member in a chain of transmission and examining their reliability. They published their findings, which were then subjected to additional scrutiny by future scholars for consistency with each other and the Qur'an."

I don't care though. I just bait people to make them commit mistakes and I feel good about myself knowing that I have a higher iq than the people around here.

Just remembering my childhood makes me feel superior. I learnt to read when i was 3 yo, i already knew 1-100 numbers in english when i was 4 yo, i always was an ace in everything, including PE. I learnt how to play the piano by myself and learn how to play the turkish march perfectly in a week. I deduced second grade equations and the square sum equation when i just started getting into equations. I already did like 30 integral problems when the professor was going to explain how he did the first one. I never had to study until the last years. Even then I only studied a week before the PAU exams where you take an exam for uni and I got 9/10. I deduced the third grade polynomial formulas with parameters, I am superior to all of these brainlets.

A funny thing i remember when I was in HS (european HS), the teacher and us were in the computer class, he told us there was a game of thought that we couldn't beat, I already knew it was a joke and these kids couldn't even manage to understand the mechanics of this computer "chess" like game. Luckily I morphed the game my polish friend and I were playing before, in my head, and understood the mechanics of the computer game. The teacher, "durr, how did you do that!", "le you are a genius, user!". I remember the spanish kid (burgers don't know about spanish people) who at first wanted to compete against me phisically(hell, even i practiced boxing and i beat my polish friend "in a game") and intelectually, but soon he realized it was useless, and the russian tall kid who was also smart, but at least he wasn't that scandalous. He knew his limitations and didn't give a fuck about other's work.

I already did those stupid BBT jokes when I was a kid, I understood them all.

Now you know how a superior person sees the other "people". See,ya-

It's an English language board, and almost any time people post interesting Islamic, East Asian or Indian history they get ignored or POLACKED.

Eurocentrism in general is a major problem for history, anthropology, religious studies, etc in Western academia because so much of what's taught is based on dumbed down versions of skewed research and bad translations by 19th c. "scholars" that has never really been fixed. It's particularly bad in my field, religious studies, because almost every last Britbong or Frog scholar was trying to jam radically different beliefs into the mold of Abrahamic religions. My personal point of autism is the alleged universality of dragons; basically anytime a legendary figure or creature was described as flying or having scales it was crammed into the mold of "dragon" with all the assumptions that come with that. The invention of "Hinduism" by the eternal Anglo is another one.

>The invention of "Hinduism" by the eternal Anglo is another one.
Like revisionists are any good either. You all believe that there was no caste before the British arrived. That's just plain old whitewashing.

>mostly composed of Europeans
That explains why it’s such a shitty board

Its simply cold, hard fact that the last 500 years of history the main players on the stage are all European nations and its inhabitants. Industrial revolution, abolition of slavery, global trade, internet, all coming from Europe. US you say?
its Neo-Europe. Deal with it.

>cold hard fact that europeans replacement is happening
?
Is your post supposed to have any kind of intention?

>t. Thinks /pol/ should stop the 56% memes

It's not, 215-275,000 is the most likely population number. 500,000 would be an overstatement. I don't know why it's so unbelievable when other precolumbian cities in the Americas had populations of 50,000 and 100,000. And Tenochtitlan was the center of power of the largest Mesoamerican empire at the time.

Who cares. They LOST.

That's not what the post or my reply was about. I was discussing population figures jesus get some reading comprehension.

Most of the fighting was done by smallpox

>its simply cold hard fact that a recent fraction of history was dominated by this group of people, therefore no other history matters

>"le you are a genius, user!"
This is good

But /pol/ hates 56% memes because it reminds them of their mutt status

>That explains why it’s such a shitty board
Poo in loo detected

This is a history board, user. Hop on over to /sp/ if the success of whitey pisses you off so much

Because European history is only history that matters.

One reason for Eurocentrism is that Europe is the center of the world.

1. The north-south dichotomy means that the southern hemisphere has 68% of the land mass. Even then almost 10% of the land mass in the southern hemisphere is frozen in Antarctica. The southern hemisphere including Sub-Saharan Africa, Australia, and South America will never be relevant.
2. North America is in the northern hemisphere but it is on the wrong continent, so it is also peripheral.
3. The pacific ocean is absolutely massive, so anyone near it won't be in a central position. Pacific Eurasia (China, Japan, Korea, Indochina, etc) is therefore not truly central. Atlantic Eurasia (Europe) is truly the center of the world.

Here is a picture of the world which rightfully places Europe at the center.

It’s awful and makes for shitty threads but what do you expect? I would guess that 80% of Veeky Forums posters are either Europeans or Americans of European descent.

Brainlet

>it's an european world
it WAS an european world... it ended back in 1945

>an European

It's a European. "eur" makes a "yur" sound, y sounds have a behind them.

>people still believe the Aztecs built their cities

the so-called Mexica just murdered the original inhabitants and larped them so hard they sacrificed all their neighbors

They did build their cities.

no you don't understand
European history is extremely relevant because it explains basically most of what's going on in the world today

it's not like other history doesn't matter because without it European history wouldn't mean anything. In our current frame of reference though it's mostly just context because of the utter relevance of the West.

Basically they bottlenecked the spectrum of historical relevance such that some Franco-British priest getting his head cut off in a church is actually an extremely important event in world history compared to say the Sengoku period.

don't make me laugh, it was obviously the Toltecs.
they definitely didn't build Teotihuacan.

>No you don't understand
>it's not eurocentrism it's just that Europe is always the center

no not at all.
Europe became the center recently, and that's why their history is relatively more relevant.

Reminds me of the world island geopolitical theory.

Your history is messed up. Aztecs are the result of the merging of Toltec and Chichimec peoples. They came as Chichimecs and settled in Tenochtitlan after wandering as nomads. Toltecs were pretty much gone by the time the Aztecs came, but their cultural influence remained and the successors in the valley of Mexico were considered 'sedentary' and thus civilized or 'Toltec'. The term Toltec was equated with high culture while Chichimec aside from an actual people primarily nomadic were equated with barbarism. The Aztecs are a result of the two merging. The Toltecs themselves may have been successors of Teotihuacan at least culturally. Tenochtitlan however was a small village when the aztecs came and built it up during their time as mercenaries for Azcapotzcalco. In time their city grew and by the time they overthrew their overlords and formed the triple alliance it continued to grow and was already big.

>Teotihuacan was the largest urban center of Mesoamerica before the Aztecs, almost 1000 years prior to their epoch.[9] The city was already in ruins by the time of the Aztecs.

because i cant read Chinese end of discussion

Yes and what's your point?

>Tenochtitlan however was a small village when the aztecs came and built it up
you're inaccurate

>The largest pyramid, the Pyramid of the Sun, was completed by AD 100.[10]

Those are two different cities.

Yeah, okay, let's talk about stone age Mesoamerica and their love of beating hearts.
Let's talk about India that never got anywhere, but just enjoyed their racist caste system and getting BTFO by everyone.
Let's talk about Islam that stole everything - from the golden-domed mosque built in Jerusalem (designed by a Greek) to their famed '''medicine''' (stolen from Syrian Nestorian Christians) to their philosophy (Aristotle-Lite).
Or how about China - yeah! An Egypt-style dynastic tyranny that was just Big Government stifling free market and freedom in general, impeding creativity, not capitalizing on the handful of inventions the centuries squeezed out as if by accident (they used gunpowder for fireworks to scare away evil spirits LMAO), and stubbornly refusing to abandon their elitist Confucian ways in favor of advancement.

Face it, the West alone is worth studying, as the West is why we're communicating now via internet and computers. When Europeans were designing automobiles and wireless technology, Chinese were still wrapping their women's feet in forced, painful bindings and Japanese were running around in wooden shoes.

Yeah and now it's a Yankee world. Good job, third worlders.

Yes and what's your point? Aztecs did neither.

Non-White history is boring as shit

I mean, Europeans did write a lot of shit down.

"white"
ftfy

Is this a copypasta?

The tlaxcalans were invaluable allies, sure, but it was spanish ships that wrested control of the lake from the mexicans, and spanish shock troops and cavalry were absolutely invaluable to taking the city.
also this

>Indian
>Against Eurocentrism
Ummm sweety, your Veddic text and genetic admixture came partially from Europe okay? :)))

I'm always surprised nobody on Veeky Forums knows about Ibn Khaldun.

So who is responsible for current Eurocentrism then?

Didn't build Tenochtitlan? Of course they did.

The United States

And political fragmentation
And organized european military structures
And Technology/resources(horses/iron)
And political integration of the weak once the big ones are defeated

When these threads start and people start screaming "smallpox! Smallpox!" it makes it look like it was a cakewalk when it was quite the contrary.

Also the Europeans too suffered an exchange of destructive diseases, but Europeans already went through the black plague(the strongest inmune systems survived) and actually survived them.

>Takes small sip of bait
>High quality material, well structured, simple and short vocabulary for readibilty, arrogant from start to end, not linked to identity or a situation so it can be copypasted easily, adds international agents to appeal to national pride,
>Yes, top stuff we have here.

>and
Nigga it was like 20+ european diseases against 3 american diseases. Literally all southamerican events are decided by the demographic catastrophic moments that a new epidemy reached the andean communities. That's why most conquistador chronicles made up a lot of shit so they could explain the weird events after the mass deaths.

This
t. Muh ancestors were european

Me too user

they literally built it from the ground up, they literally even put the ground there to expand it sincd it was on a lake

That's /int/ not /pol/

>bumping your stupid Yemen thread and posting this

Well, it is a bit eurocentric to think that US and Europe are different entities. For the rest of the world they are same shit on different continents.

then the rest of the world should not have been btfo by europe

le 56% face started on /pol/ tho

Technically it started on Krautchan but /int/ applied the 56% shit to it.

i didnt post that yemen thread

checked

They are completely different. For one, Europe has a higher standard of living.

>European diaspora
Amerimutts are NOT european

I really wish I knew more about non-euro history, but I don’t have the wherewithal. A lot of it is not readily understandable in the standard rational economics sense I try to understand things.

Asia is pretty good in this reguard though.

Africa would be decent if you looked at it through a spiritual/symbolist is/religious manner. PreColumbian America is also interesting for that.

I’ll look into it, but unfortunately those Europeans kind of didn’t find value in the histories of some African villages out in the Congo. I’ll have to look into what Doctor Livingstone did. He’d surely have something to say on the matter.

I will say one thing. If you are looking for great strides in growth, achievement or other such things, look elsewhere. This is where we find people who have reinvented the wheel. I think it’s important, because for all we know, they could be using a completely foreign means of doing it, one that is better than our own. I’m mainly looking at medicine, as healthcare today sucks.

Yea, theyre french