I just sent $200 to the wrong address...

I just sent $200 to the wrong address. Yeah not a lot but considering it's all I can put in weekly via wagecucking feelsbadman.jpg

Anyone else have similar stories?

I always autistically scan each address about 5 times. Try doing that. I'm sorry for your loss.

i just got $200 mysteriously deposited in my wallet. feelsgood.mkv.

Please buy yourself something nice.

Something you've been holding back on buying because you didn't want to spend the money on something unnecessary

Happened to me once, but it was only about $50

Just do this from now on

How do you even do that?

no i usually just use the copy paste feature

sure thing bud. the finest of bitbeans! ohh how i spoil myself.

>day 3 REQ ICO
>high af
>ok lets put the eth i keep on binance into it
>nah my ledger is far away ill just look for the adress on etherscan history
>type in etherscan.io in broser
>ok here it is
>triple check ctrl f ctrl v
>seems right lets go
>send 7eth
>1mi later
>waitamoment this is not my adress
>very similar
>first 2 letters actually similar
>not mine tho
>get heart infarct
>probably sent to some whale account im monitoring
>feel my body weakening
>waitamoment
>check craptopedia
>my ether is there

Well, req has crashed since then, but at least i didnt loose 100% only 20, so I guess everything went fine in the end.

Congrats, you learned a lesson about triple checking and then double checking your triple check. And it only cost you $200! Could be worse. Consider it an installment towards your market tuition.

I sent .25 BTC to a wrong address when trying to shapeshift. At the time time it was worth $400. RIP my sacrifice to the blockchain gods

Crypto is going nowhere until this sort of thing doesn't happen anymore.

sent 21k XLM to bittrex's general account without my stupid memo text so it never deposited to my wallet. Opened a ticket, no idea if they will credit or refund me.

another time had somewhere between 0.01 and 0.1 BTC on an old phone that I dropped in a pool and it never booted again. Keeping it around for when BTC = millions and will see if I can recover it

they dont. they are fishing for handouts . I beg anybody here to try and get a typo in an address to send to an incorrect address. it won't.

No coiner here - shouldn't you send the amount in small pieces, say 70 dollars, 70 dollars, and 70 dollars... or whatever the BTC equiv. is, that way if you notice it's the wrong adress, you only lost 70 not 200?

did the same damn thing with eth etc .... bahhh

Crypto has bigger problems than anons not checking the address they send too.

>send $10 to a friend
>forget the messageid

It happens.

What's your BTC address, OP?

I'll help a fellow Veeky Forumscuck out since i had a good week

the flood is coming

don't do this OP. pajeet is going to use your address to spearfish you.