Have people always felt attachment to fictitious characters? How has the publc been enthralled by them in the past?

Have people always felt attachment to fictitious characters? How has the publc been enthralled by them in the past?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_(mythology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_(mythology)

Being attached to fictional characters is one of the corner stones of western society.

We get this kidna shit every week, user.

This is something that actually seems interesting though, how people can fall in love with their own or other people's artwork in a stronger sense than just appreciation of aesthetics.

Well, people were super into stuff like the Troyan Circle if it counts. There probably were a bunch of Helenfags, Calypsofags, Circefags, Nausicaafags, Penelopefags, Cassandrafags etc

>Troyan Circle

what's that?

People will often say that people are turning to waifus because the "state of women and femininity has degraded" or some shit, but really I think it's because we've mastered the art of appealing characters. Capitalism has always been known for selling sex, but now it has been able to reach in and sell companionship as well, and that's something we haven't seen before.

Imagine falling in love with a WHORE like helen
Paris was a cuck

Well I mean my grandma fucking cries every on the day Jesus was executed

So yeah

This is an interesting point. Have our resources and tech reached the point where we can sell the very idea of love and affection rather than just sex?

Yup, and not only can we sell love and affection, but we can do it better than the real thing. Real love is conditional, you have to earn it and be a man worthy of love, but the artificial love that we have packaged and sold is like the love from puppies, it is given unconditionally, it demands nothing from you and accepts you for all your flaws.

It’s kinda already happened in Asia

There’s clubs where men and women pay good money to LARP as if the employees are their boyfriend/girlfriend

Pathetic

Are there more of such images?

There's an entire CYOA thread on /d/ so yes

NO JUST SHUT UP JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING FEDORAFAGREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Isnt /d/ only full of «small dick guys thread» and shit like that?

My interest in this is early pulp. Sherlock Holmes was first published in The Strand in 1887 and is generally the first character considered to have a modern fanbase. People would write their own stories, dress up like him and even wait in line for the newest issues.

Prior to this it was legend, mythology and folklore more than fiction.

I think it moved to Veeky Forums now

Veeky Forums has the sfw cyoas. The nsfw ones are on /trash/ now.

They pretty much have a constant thread or two but overall no.

They pretty much have a constant thread yeah, I don't know what you mean by "shit like that" but it's a fetish board,

Androids should make women irrelevant real soon.

I think you mean Menelaus was the cuck
>faithful husband, king of Sparta
>your young qt wife leaves you for a dandy little princeling her own age, turns your own children against you
>Your lord uses your cuckery as an pretext to launch one of the most iconic wars in human history. Even Agamemnon is just using you.

nsfw cyoa thread have been moved to /trash/

fml

I'm jacking off my 3.5 inch dick right now. Everyone please mock me.