Why do I get the feeling that if humanity were to pause for a moment in place sociologically and look at the situation...

Why do I get the feeling that if humanity were to pause for a moment in place sociologically and look at the situation we find ourselves in as a species, and if they were granted the insight typically instilled only in the greatest of philosophers, they would find that this situation is deeply flawed and absurd?

Things could be different yet we find ourselves shackled to old notions of reality, old ideologies whose existence persists only through word of mouth passed from authority figure to adult, from adult to child, and from the ears of the child to deep inside of their subconscious mind before the adult they will soon grow into becoming has time to analyze and dissect such nonsense?

Am I pointing out obvious things here or am I mistaken? I do not think I am mistaken and this situation is disturbing. But what can I do to help it? What can I do to change this? Write posts on some anonymous image board? That won't do anything. Become credentialed and write for some abstract academic publication which will only be read by those who are already interested in the topic?

And maybe I have nothing to say. But it's not necessarily that I want to say the things I have to say, rather that I want it to be figured out which things need to be said, and for someone to say them. Is it merely a matter of instilling social values that focus on education instead of consumerism? Skepticism instead of blind faith in authority? The issues are too numerous to count and it would sound cliched to say them at this point so I will not do so to avoid embarrassment.

I can't tell whether this post was worth writing, but if it isn't then I can say that I do know that the original intention that caused this post to be written was worth writing - I do know this - regardless of whether or not the result manifested itself in a worthy form.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W5HCSNnUdys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wait for aging to be stoppable/reversable, we're probably going to miss out on it by a couple generations though, sucks to be us really

Likely, might still happen this century though. Especially if singularity is achievable.

>extending material life as long as possible is a good thing
You people are pathetic

>falling for the meme that mortality is good

We are immortal, though our Spirit and Soul. Our physical bodies decay, as they should. Thank goodness for the heat death of the universe so even if faggots like Soros or Gates manage to rejuvenate their cells ad nauseam eventually they will perish along with the rest of the material universe.

>Bro isn't like everything a social construct?
There exist defined, immutable things about our nature. We want to structure culture in such a way that it complements these things, rather than contradicting them. We've been doing a calamitously bad job of this since the Industrial Revolution BTFO our entire reference frame for everything and now we are 7 billion atomized units of pic related trying to intuit how to exist in 2017 with the cognitive toolset of Paleolithic hunter-gatherers.

*2018, clearly I'm not doing any better than anyone else

I read that we are probably going to be the last generation to involuntarily die. Feels bad man.

>This technology to live forever will be available to the public and not just a handful of billionaires

>the public won't revolt when they find out the upper class holds the key to immortality and are not sharing it

If we aren't revolting now, what makes you think we are gonna do it then? Especially considering we are steadily degenerating more and more into pic related.

>The key to immortality won't be an extremely finite resource that couldn't be stolen and utilized by the general public even if they wanted to

Your so-called "insight" is pathetic and reads like the rambling of a stoner doing a Social Studies class. What you are saying is not new, interesting nor particularly smart.

Our society is already extremely nihilistic, moreso than that of previous eras, but while hedonistic manchildren want to interpret this as a sign of our maturity as a sentient species, the reality is that it has become a symptom of our collective immaturity. The individual, poisoned by a toxic environment where all needs are magically guaranteed by big government, has turned its back on the collective, looking to it only insofar as it can provide him "rights" and "benefits" but wanting to hear nothing about "obligations" or "duty".

The social institutions which empty, souless modernists and nihilists call "outdated", performed an important function as they kept society growing, and provided some sense of purpose and responsibility to individuals.

Probably just a drug

We're carefully divided now, the powers that be aren't fools, this situation is all engineered. If an organic "1% vs 99%" situation were to emerge, though...why do you think they were so threatened by occupy as to shove idpol down our throats to neuter it?

>this technology if even possible will happen someday
why? so we can cure our own pathetic fear of death? its as much of a part of life as anything else. How are you going to sustain the population? how will you decide who gets to use it? should we just refrain everyone from having kids so the world population won't go through the fucking roof?
the mere concept of eternal life is so retarded to me

Why do I want to fuck that staute?

Well, European population is actually shrinking if it wasn't for immigrants. Maybe, someday, when all, or at least almost all, of the world reached such a standard of living immortality will obligatory...

Veeky Forumsterics.

>Why do I get the feeling that if humanity were to pause for a moment in place sociologically and look at the situation we find ourselves in as a species, and if they were granted the insight typically instilled only in the greatest of philosophers, they would find that this situation is deeply flawed and absurd?

Because the planet is ruled by an army of the damned who have committed inconceivably unforgivable blasphemies against humans, life, and the gods.

> What can I do to change this?

God considers it your number one duty in life to clear God's name of murders commited by mortals in God's name. That inherently means becoming an "antisemite" because Jews founded their identity on murdering people "for God."

The foundational assertion of Judaism is "I won't serve God or the King, but I'll serve myself in the name of God and the King."

youtube.com/watch?v=W5HCSNnUdys

/pol/ is atheist. They will not make it to the kingdom of God.

Because it’s hot.

>/pol/ is atheist.
My friend how often do you travel /pol/? If it is frequent then you know thats not true.
If it is not frequent then you don't know enough to have a say in that matter

Your insight is even more pathetic. You're the kind of person who hasn't read any real book except those tinged by political biases. Just STFU.