Would this be a bad idea?

>6 weeks on a bodyweight program
>2 weeks off
>6 weeks on a kettlebell program
>2 weeks off
>6 weeks on a 5x5
>2 weeks off
>6 week bench/deadlift/squat program

Should I put anything else in there? Should I just skip some shit?

Overall goal is just to be stronger and to feel better. I want more functional strength for wrestling/BJJ. I don't care too much about aesthetics but I won't say no if it works out that way.

yeah this sounds retarded

Why though?

what do you gain from this as opposed to an actual strength training program

>brush my teeth 6 times a day
>2 days off
>2 days off

You'd be better off doing heavy days with weights and volume days with bodyweight, in an upper/lower split.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPFFFFFTTT

It's dumb as shit.

If you're worried about losing mobility from lifting just stretch and maybe do some yoga type shit.

>2 days off
>floss my teeth 6 times a day
>2 days off
>mouthwash my teeth 6 times a day
>2 days off

Overall goal is get whiter teeth and feel better

Why is this retarded?

stick to one thing long enough for your body to communicate more deeply with itself (You). it's the fastest way to reach your goals in a way that lets you sense where you need to take your routine next as you better outline your goals.

after that you can add stuff in and tinker your routine to how you feel and you'll know exactly how to add it in and exactly what sort of thing you need to be doing next.

Bro, what are you doing?

Read up on proper programming; there's tons of material online.

After you've done that, just try something simple and see how you like it.

Protein also helps. Now read the first letter of every line.

Not doing the same boring routine for long periods of time, focusing more on functional strength and mobility, new challenges?

Oh is that what i'm essentially doing?

What?

Thanks for having a real answer.

>functional strength
is a meme
none of this program had anything to do with mobility
youre not really do new challenges as much as you are abandoning old ones
why not have a program with barbells bodyweight and kettlebells?

if he's weak, it could be beneficial to begin with bodyweight exercises. the kettlebell aspect is stupid, though. no sense building ballistic/isometric strength in this routine for a beginner. if flexibility is OP's goal w/ kettlebell routines, he's better off training flexibility the way everyone else does... stretching

also, no reason to be taking two weeks off at a time. legitimately wondering where OP got the notion this was a good idea.

you can switch up aspects of your routine without taking a quarter of the year off and moving to a completely new and relatively unrelated routine every time you come back. it's also better to get into a consistent weight-training habit if you're serious about it in my experience.

and yes, to answer your second response; that is kind of what you're (planning on) doing.

6 weeks is pretty short, you will probably just be seeing progress and then stop for 33% of the time you spent working out. If you insist on program hopping that frequently, at least cut out those rest weeks, they are unnecessary

Are you more concerned with results or with whether or not the routine is fun?

OP I'd be surprised if you made it past week 2, so no sense of trying to make an elaborate workout routine.

BRmAaPe?

So you kinda get where I'm coming from?

Good criticism, I'll take it

I'd like both, please.

What makes you say that?

shit the formatting must have gotten fucked up on mobile

You can't have both, sorry.

It's very rarely a good idea to entirely remove elements from your training program if your goal is to improve those aspects. Shift priorities and how much work is being done on what, sure, but dropping it out (especially when you've got a lot of different blocks and are going to be taking frequent time off) tends to murder your progress because you spend so much time in each block re-establishing shit instead of improving.

You should stick to a routine for at least like 6 months before you switch it up to give your body time to adjust to see results.

Pretty retarded.

If your goal is a well rounded physique/skill-set you'd be better off just finding something you enjoy and incorporating other elements to cover weaker areas. By breaking them each into two month periods any significant progress you make in one program may be lost by the time you finish another program.

I suppose one benefit is that you get a feel for each program, but still seems at best completely unnecessary with the goal you have in mind.

yes, i unfortunately get where you're coming from all too well, i've been there too. your intentions are good, wanting to increase flexibility and ballistic strength for future weight training purposes. from there, though, you move onto powerlifting-based routines, for which the kettlebell exercises provide basically no help (PL exercises aren't really ballistic, and your current strength is probably not enough to benefit from isometric training.)

this guy is objectively incorrect. what matters is how you measure your results. i, for one, prefer olympic weightlifting because i enjoy ballistic movements and measuring my progress in the snatch and C+J (plus their variations), but i also don't really care about getting swole as fuck. if i were to care about getting swole as fuck, i'd probably be depressed as shit right now.

not really. it doesn't take six months to see results unless you're starting at heifer.

useful posts for the goals you probably have in mind

Bummer.

So longer time on, less time off, if anything. Okay.

Most helpful post so far.

isn't it pretty common for girls to get orgasms from squeezing their thighs like that?

is that why she does it?

I'd say the best thing to do, rather than extending the cycles, is to muck around with how many sessions a week each aspect is getting rather than try to go all-in on one at a given time (this periodization approach works if its set up right, but it's primarily aimed at making an experienced athlete 110% on a specific day rather than generally being better). If you even need to do that - relative beginners can get a long way without super complicating things.

Yeah dude, that's grool on her legs. Not watermelon juice.

Thanks for the advice

I love when grapplers with shitty striking skills get BTFO.

Do you go on heem? I bet you do.

For sure, my man.

Chael or Tito, senpai?

The Bad Guy for sympathy.

It's not focused enough user. I think the principle that you're going for is cool, but may do something
like this instead.

>6 weeks on a bodyweight program
>2 weeks recovery/training modality
>12 weeks on a bodyweight/kettlebell program
>4 weeks recovery/training modality
>12-16 weeks on a 5x5 or compound based program
>4-8weeks recovery

repeat.

>2 weeks off
That's retarded unless you're actually injured. Yeah, do a deload week every couple of months, but don't go "off" completely, just go lighter and less volume. *When* you deload is up to you, every 6, 12 weeks, when you feel like it,.. doesn't really matter.

>different specific programs
Why not do a bit of everything? Every one is limited in its own way, there's no advantage to split it up like that.

You don't have to do the same thing forever, but you should have some of each all the time.

Barbell Lifts should be the basis.
Bodyweight stuff you can do for a lot of volume (like, 100 pushups every day, 100 pullups every day, etc)
I don't know much about Kettlebells, but I don't see why you shouldn't just do a couple of KB exercises every workout, in addition to BB exercises (and DBs, machines if you need to)

It also depends on how often you want to train and what you have access to outside the gym.

The best starting point imo is a 4 day Barbell routine where you focus on one of the four Squat/Bench/Deadlift/OHP each day. And keep this basis for pretty much ever.
In the short term (daily-weekly), only change the weight. In the mid term, change sets and reps (weekly-monthly). In the long term, change the variation (6mo-year).

As I said for bodyweight stuff, volume volume volume. At least for the basics like pushups, pullups, dips. 100-200 reps each per day should be your target. How you get there is up to you. Between the barbell sets, sets of 10, sets to failure, whatever. If you want to do more technical stuff like muscle ups or handstands or whatever, I don't know too much about that, you'll have to look up routines and see how they fit your schedule.
Same for Kettlebells, I don't know anything about potential exercises and how they're programmed, so you gotta look that up.

Oh for his kid dying? Shit's a bummer

PS - I hope he wins the apprentice.

That's not bad

Fair enough

Bumping so more people can say I'm retarded.

That's sexy.

check out the gyno on this dude.

>3-4 days bodyweight
>2-3 days lifting
>all you need

what about kettlebells?

My fortune cookie told me this is how I will die.

M8 who is that man?