Have Americans ruined Christianity?

Have Americans ruined Christianity?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 18:22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. Protestants accomplished that 500 years ago.

So is Veeky Forums a marxist catholic board then? wait that is redundant.

Veeky Forums has basically every single political, philosophical and theological viewpoint, thats why i love it

So no views are explicitly shunned or fought against by the majority of people here?

>Have Americans ruined x?
Yes

/pol/ shit routinely gets mocked and called out but its not like the mods actively do anything to stop it

All I needed to know really. The attempts to make this place seem less closed minded than any other board is laughable.

No I'm OP and I'm a protestant (Anglican/Methodist) Marxist.

Puritans did, only the crazy ones left for the colonies anyway

>Veeky Forums
>marxist
KEK

It was a ruin at its inception, and it's been 2000 years of damage control since then.

No, the American Constitution just made sure that everyone would see religion's true colors.

Veeky Forums is super racist.

What's the difference between being "racist" and "super-racist"?

No, the holy Romans empire did

What kind of damage can America do to Islam?

>First

Just the way you phrased that demonstrates a profound ignorance of what Christianity is.

We hate niggers, chinks AND honkies.

...you mean Catholics?

Catholics cannot be Marxist, charity is a central tenet of the faith and charity is impossible without private property.

p sure jesus said to give away all your property

Exactly, that's my point.

Where does he say this? Give specific verse

Yes, with it's unlimited commercialization of it.

Luke 18:22

Jesus is telling a man to give away his possessions so he will have treasure in heaven. Possessions are not thing as property

Without private property there is no possibility of charity since you must own something in order to give it away. If everyone owns property, nobody owns it as it must be claimed, even for a limited time, to be of any use and it is absurd to expect all people to understand the nature of and give consent to such use at any time. This problem is "solved" in nominally Communist societies by essentially giving all property to the government. Trying to fit charity into this system is also absurd as you cannot trust that your property will be used in righteous ways unless you handle it's provision yourself.
I believe there's a bishop who has written extensively on the topic, I don't remember his name.

As an American Catholic the whole American brand Protestantism worldview where somehow nationalism is tied to faith is entirely alien to me.

No use arguing scripture in English.

>Sell all that you own

>“You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

People like you need to be burned alive, you fucking scum. Twisting the Scripture and defiling it by pathetic straw-mans should be a punishable offense. The rich love the world too much to leave it, you cannot serve both money and God. Jesus literally tells you that being a homeless ascetic gets you to Heaven and you still refuse to accept the truth and lie to yourself by lying about the Scripture, you should be ashamed of yourself. It's obvious where your allegiances are, remember how you decided when the final judgement arrives...

When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 18:22
Posseions are not the same thing as property. And this is also Jesus talking to *one* person. Nowhere does Jesus say that everyone must sell their property as the original post I was responding to said.

Why is it that everything Americans touch, turns to garbage?

>All I needed to know really. The attempts to make this place seem less closed minded than any other board is laughable.
>Throwing shade at the worst shitposters on the site means you are a closed minded bigot.

See also: all the Kara Boga threads where role playing Americans think Nation of Islam and Islam are the same.