Be yemen

>be yemen
>unificate
>go into a civil war a generation later
Why did these fucks even unificate in the first place?

To unify the country.

I'm not really sure why the Arabian Peninsula isn't just one country instead of having all these weird meme countries like Yemen, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE

Because that country would dominate the entire Middle East.

Saudi Arabia pretty much already does that.

Only so long as the oil and military subsidies last

The Saudi regime is powerful but extremely brittle, once things start going south it's gonna shatter spectacularly

>unificate
Unify sounds 20 times better, Mr. Bush

They only have oil-money power.

But their military capabilities are utter shit. Just look at how Houthis humiliate them.

Not really, Iran exists.

Saudi Arabia has roughly double Iran's GDP, and perhaps more importantly, the Saudis have the United States propping them up, whereas Iran only has Russia. The United States has a lot more power to influence events in the region than Russia does.

Sorry I should’ve rephrased. Iran is a power check to the Saudis, and even though they have much less economic influence they can project military power much more effectively than the Saudis. Not to mention they practically have Syria as a client state.

Because all Arab nations are unironic Ancap utopias and those companies(The Emirs and Tribes that became the Arab "Nations") are in competition over the vast reserves of oil there..

>unificate

Well OP, because the Cold War had ended. And while my knowledge of the situation is Wikipedia level, from what I understand North and South Yemen were unique in that unlike the GDR and FRG, or the two Koreas, Or China and Taiwan, the two Yemen's didn't really have animosity between one another. They became independent though somewhat different historical circumstances, but without the USSR and with a severely diminished Russia there didn't really exist any reason to have a small commie state in the Arabian Peninsula.

nice Nazi quads

Yemen is quite different from the gulf monarchies, bruv.

>Unificate
Is that a real word?

I hope you realise pro-unificationering doesn't always work for everyone. Take the anunificatorary of Yugoslavia for example

Why don't they ask Americans for help?

Because religious differences. The entire Yemeni Civil War is really a Sunni vs Shia conflict. Oman is stranger with the Arabs there practicing an obscure form of Islam or Hinduism.

Scratch the Hindu part. Oman just imports just a fuckton of foreign workers

Holy shit quads

only somewhat, the Houthis only really got off the ground thanks to the Sunni Saleh joining their side to get back in power, its only evolved to have a religious dimension as the houthis successfully sidelines Saleh and his allies, and is complete now he got BTFO

Yemen is a faield state. They didn't unify in the first place, hence why the civil war.

iran has chinese support as well, also iraq is under iranian umbrella as well as syria

Who do you think provides the weapons, equipment and intelligence? About the only thing the Americans don't do is pull the triggers, but that's what all the Pakistani, Egyptian and Colombian mercs are for.

you mean unificate

>unify
How to get your opinion discarded

>Ancap utopias

If by that you mean that all major oil companies are socialized and reserves are nationalized

Civil war is because Of Americans

>pro-unificationering

kek

Oman is somewhat a decent country