Why aren't you?

>muh protein
He's an olympic level weightlifter

Other urls found in this thread:

veganhealth.org/b12/mol
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8926531
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf9010966
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00007957
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.motherjones.com/environment/2012/10/sugar-industry-lies-campaign&ved=0ahUKEwjG5L2Sx9HRAhUM22MKHQ6FDMMQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHT6-eXL51WnGBea719AcdIFW_DUA&sig2=m4ZWcXXIJMcnMDPAsEFP-A
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.globalresearch.ca/sugar-killing-us-sweetly/5367250&ved=0ahUKEwjG5L2Sx9HRAhUM22MKHQ6FDMMQFgglMAE&usg=AFQjCNEJHovEbSJPybCza9p6EWmXmd7ETg&sig2=fTC2g4Tsijnev7GLKyndbw
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-sugar-industry-coverup-20160912-snap-story,amp.html&ved=0ahUKEwjG5L2Sx9HRAhUM22MKHQ6FDMMQFgg-MAM&usg=AFQjCNHIn2U5jNlb7D7-tUVX9vy0EbwKcw&sig2=TW_A3djSi7ZkmoBMrhygoA
veganhealth.org/b12/plant
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/pdf/9006469.pdf
nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250189
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's your point.

Plenty of oly level lifters that's not vegan.

Yeah, he also sucks compared to other lifters at his bodyweight

All my favorite dishes has meat in them.

He became a vegan like a year before this competition. Fuck off misinformstion shill

I don't roid

Because vegans are sanctimonious, self-righteous, insufferable cunts.

>He's an olympic level weightlifter

So hes using performance enhancing drugs.

cool story bro.
enjoy your soj and broccoli fag

Insulina is vegan

>>He's an olympic level weightlifter
top kek

He might be a vegan now, but he gained most of his muscle by eating meat. He only switched in 2014. Show me someone who has been a vegan all their life and then became a competitive Oly lifter.
>Protip you can't

He started lifting when 12yo. Started vegan diet in 2014.

Oops didnt read the whole thread

Guys wtf? Do you seriously think that you need meat in order to build muscle? I bet you don't really understand how that works. You can get all the necessary micronutrients and aminoacids on a vegan diet, that's why there are vegan athletes, bodybuilders, powerlifters etc. making progress.

>Inb4 roids
You still need nutrition

I could make a thread posting a normal weightlifter, saying he is normal, and asking you why you aren't normal as well. I won't though, I'm not a faggot.

Bro look up any muscular vegan, not otter mode I mean built vegan. All of them were big and stronger BEFORE switching over to a vegan diet, fact. You just can't get as big on a vegan diet. Not downplaying the benefits of a plant based diet but let's not kid ourselves; you compare a vegan power lifter who's been vegan vs a meat eating power lifter 10 out of 10 times the meat eating power lifter will be bigger.

This has more to do with a gene pool. For every +100 meat eating powerlifters you get to pick one vegan powerlifter. Ofc its harder to find a strong vegan.

Like why do you think that its hard? For example eat 4 times a plate with 200g tofu, rice, broccoli and have a glass or two of almond milk (you can add some peaprotein -powder if you want, but don't have to)

There, all the protein you need

It's not the same quality protein bro. Also we have no studies done on life long vegans we just don't know if it's really as optimal a diet as everyone says. It's still relatively new. We have studies on vegetarianism and those people have thrived but again they were consuming eggs and dairy products. Not to mention it's nearly impossible to get the proper amount of vitamin b12 on a vegan diet without supplementation, would you say those are the markings of a great diet? Shou don't you be able to get your necessary vitamins from the foods you eat? Also it's more difficult to get quality iron as you would from red meat on a vegan diet. I know beans and oats are high in iron but it's not the same quality. Also kale has a lot of calcium but one it tastes like shit and two no one is gonna eat as much kale as it takes to get a daily serving every day. It's a big number to hit that quota.

> it's nearly impossible to get the proper amount of vitamin b12 on a vegan diet without supplementation

Luckily supplementation is easy and more reliable than getting B12 from milk/meat anyway. B12 supps are often recommended to meat eaters too, as it's better absorbed.

> would you say those are the markings of a great diet? Shou don't you be able to get your necessary vitamins from the foods you eat?

Understand what vitamin B12 is though. Unlike other vitamins that are synthesized by plants or animals, B12 is produced by bacteria. The natural way of getting B12 for most animals in the world is through environmental exposure; either dirt or contaminated water. Since humans don't live in the wild anymore, that source of exposure is gone. The other option is to produce it ourselves in vats to supplement ourselves or to feed B12 supplements to livestock and then eat what they store in their muscles. The former is the more practical choice.

It's the same reason why nearly everyone has to take Vitamin D supplements now to get to optimal levels. Naturally you'd be naked in the sun 12 hours a day, and living by the equator. If instead you're inside sitting at a computer, work indoors, and live in the snowy north, you'll need to take a D pill to make up for the difference in lifestyle.

>2017
>still eats meat

kek

>Since humans don't live in the wild anymore, that source of exposure is gone

Post proof that B12 analogues found in soil/water lower homocysteine or MMA levels

He is natty though

I don't think scientists ever thought to do that study

Almond milk has literally 1 g of protein compared to regular milks 8, yeah you better add your pee powder.

So you're full of shit then, good to know

Because vegan is retarded
>No dairy, despite milk cows needing to be milked
>No eggs despite chickens and birds producing them naturally and without any pain
>No honey bees don't care when you take their honey plus we need more of them so supporting the industry is important

So no vegans are straight retarded and I'd tell Kendrick, no medals and getting worse every Olympics, Farris that he is an idiot.

>b12 is found in soil and water
>"I bet that b12 doesn't work like other b12 though. any studies feeding people dirt to lower their homocysteine? checkmate!"

Anyway

Or you could get b12 from fermented foods like cheese and sauerkraut and Kim Chee or however the fuck it's spelled you stupid fucking supp shill.

>call people retarded
>immediately say something retarded

>What are active/inactive b12 analogues
veganhealth.org/b12/mol

No he's right you're retarded.

>cows need to be milked

yeah but without the antibiotics, hormones, pus, cholesterol and saturated fats

watch earthlings homeboy

The modern dairy cow does need to be milked. She produces over 4x the amount a calf could suckle. Without it she would develop mastitis and other conditions that left unchecked in a feral population would lead to death.

Cows selectively breed disadvantageously and spontaneously impregnate themselves?

>implying that you don't need saturated fat and sterols
>implying that a vegan diet will hit 1 gram of fat per kg of LBM
>implying that putting kids on a low fat diet doesn't fucking destroy their nervous system
>implying that adults should go low fat either

avocados and nuts my friend

There is no antibiotics or "pus" in milk. All milk in the USA is regularly screened for antibiotics using the clover test. The "pus" that you've been shown in YouTube video is a condition known as mastitis which is a bacterial infection of a quarter. These videos are collected from what are known in the industry as "hospital herds" I.e. sick cows. They are quarantined from the rest of the herd and their milk is used to feed calves or thrown out it's NOT part of the regular bullk tank as this milk is screened by the milk truck driver for somatic cell counts and a bunch of mastitis milk would cause you to fail the test and throw out ALL your milk by FDA law and reg

No but what's done is done genetically speaking how would you propose we turn back the clock on thousands of years of artificial selection? And who would do it and with what money and for what reason and who is going to take care of a herd of two ton animals with no way to make money off of them?

because eggs are delicious

I love meat but that is a completely shit argument for meat.

Good thing he never mentioned meat...

You're gonna have to eat quite a bit of avacado to get enough dietary fat unless you're a manlet or a woman. I'm not saying that it can't be done, I'm just saying that it makes more sense to consume fat with animal protein.

Sea vegetables prevent B12 deficiency:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8926531

White button mushrooms contain active B12:
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf9010966

Crops grown in organic fertilizer contain active B12:
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00007957

B12 in nature comes in active form as well. The way we produce b12 supplements now uses virtually the same process involving bacterial fermentation.

You don't need saturated fat actually. The goal of health institutes is to get people to eat as little of that as possible.

>it makes more sense to consume fat with animal protein.

It makes more sense to eat healthy fat over unhealthy fat. The fat you get in beef and chicken thighs isn't good for you, while walnuts, pecans, flax, and avocado are.

I have tastebuds

He's on gear too.

>not eating peanut butter

COME ON

>train for whole life eating meat
>often use roids too
>become vegan for a year or so so you get some press even if you are mediocre as fuck
>get beat by meat eaters at your same level of training
every "vegan" athlete ever

Haha
>Beef and chicken leg fat is bad
>Saturated dietary fat and cholesterol is bad
Nope and nope latest studies show that sugars and other refined carbs are what triggers your body to produce the hard sticky platelets that clog arteries. Excess carbs is literally death, but make sure you get your 8 servings so you can be a good goy for big corn and big sugar and big flour.

Okay, just send an email to the world's medical groups explaining how everything they know is wrong now. They'll appreciate the tip.

I don't suck dick so I'll stay off the vegan diet.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.motherjones.com/environment/2012/10/sugar-industry-lies-campaign&ved=0ahUKEwjG5L2Sx9HRAhUM22MKHQ6FDMMQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHT6-eXL51WnGBea719AcdIFW_DUA&sig2=m4ZWcXXIJMcnMDPAsEFP-A

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.globalresearch.ca/sugar-killing-us-sweetly/5367250&ved=0ahUKEwjG5L2Sx9HRAhUM22MKHQ6FDMMQFgglMAE&usg=AFQjCNEJHovEbSJPybCza9p6EWmXmd7ETg&sig2=fTC2g4Tsijnev7GLKyndbw

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-sugar-industry-coverup-20160912-snap-story,amp.html&ved=0ahUKEwjG5L2Sx9HRAhUM22MKHQ6FDMMQFgg-MAM&usg=AFQjCNHIn2U5jNlb7D7-tUVX9vy0EbwKcw&sig2=TW_A3djSi7ZkmoBMrhygoA
There's a few for you. Also do you really believe that government agencies are immune to manipulation and corruption especially when billion dollar industries are at stake? C'mon man I know you're better than this.

Believe me, I've read all the shit you have and more. Everyone accepts that refined sugars are unhealthy, it doesn't take "mother jones" to explain that. It's just not appropriate to say that because one thing is unhealthy, that something else therefore isn't. The sugar industry is horrible and manipulative, and the industries pushing saturated fat rich foods are no better.

What international conspiracy do you believe is going on to get people to stop eating butter, bacon, and cheddar cheese, keeping in mind that the same health institutes that say to avoid saturated fats also say to avoid sugars?

This.

Please read:
veganhealth.org/b12/plant

All papers you cited are mentioned. There is zero credible evidence for b12 analgoues found outside of animal products and supplements having any activity in humans as of yet.

>Believe me
No.

Then die of a heart attack or stroke.

And this is why noone believes you. In spite of being shown how full of shit you are, with sources, you keep spouting the same debunked retardation.

Because too many products come from animals. Also meat and dairy is good

>In spite of being shown how full of shit you are, with sources

All you posted was "sugar industry is bad." I responded to that, then you ignored what I said and just responded to the opening of my post which wasn't really part of the argument.

No you're right one thing being bad does not necessarily mean another is totally good, but you seem intelligent enough to know that the studies have only ever found "some correlation" between heart disease and saturated dietary fat and that the phrase "some correlation" in a scientific context would normally mean that many, many more intense studies would need to be done and then replicated to prove any causational link, but did they do that? No, and when dietary researchers did they could never find a concrete link or biological mechanism within the body to explain their theory. Meanwhile endocrine researchers have not only found a convincing correlation between the rising rate of carb consumption and obesity and diabetes and heart disease in our population but they have also found several hormonal mechanisms within the human body that credit and explain their theory. In summation I'm not proposing an all red meat diet but I am saying if you want to find real hard science about obesity and the diseases that come with it research done by endocrinologists on carbs is much more convincing. My personal stance is that a proper diet is a good old fashioned basics: a variety of meats, a plethora of vegetables, a bit of bread or pasta once in a while, and some fruits and an occasional treat because a little bits OK. Anybody who tells you different is trying to sell you something be it supplements, lifestyle management, or dietary planners.

That wasn't me user. That was someone else. See nobody likes you or your poor positions. I posted

>believe me
>the lying sack of shit
You're done. Fuck off.

> but you seem intelligent enough to know that the studies have only ever found "some correlation" between heart disease and saturated dietary fat

That's not true at all. In fact the weakest evidence for saturated fat being bad for the heart is the observational evidence. The strongest evidence is by blood markers. In a controlled setting, when you feed people saturated fats (or specific types of saturated fatty acids), their blood levels of LDL cholesterol increase, so consistently that you can make an equation out of it.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/pdf/9006469.pdf

The only way to argue that saturated fats don't increase your risk of heart disease is to also claim that elevated LDL levels don't lead to heart disease, which is a whole other can of worms and much harder to argue against.

Saturated fat is strongly associated with LDL cholesterol, which is strongly associated with heart disease. Taking in all the data, it's clear that saturated fats aren't heart healthy.

nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250189

As for sugar, sure, that's also well accepted as a contributor to heart disease and other diseases. You just can't say sugar is the sole cause of every health problem in order to get other unhealthy things like saturated fat off the hook. That's not scientific, that's pop media trendy shit.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/pdf/9006469.pdf
>Are short normal children at a disadvantage?
>confirmed manlet

My bad, forgot pubmed hasn't fixed that link

bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long

That can of worms isn't as difficult to argue against as you claim because the spike in ldl levels from saturated fat aren't very large and don't last very long. You would have to be nibbling on steak all day long for it to have the permanent effects they are trying to claim. The mechanism for saturated dietary fat to heart disease simply doesn't exist. It's like the Northwest passage. It seems like it should and you get up there to that giant frozen sea and you think you can see the final causeway but no, it isn't there just another Inuit village.

Who told you that?

Farris is probably in the 99th percentile for strength and size with advantageous genetics in terms of vegans. I'm not in the 99th percentile of shit and I like eggs.

Your mum, she likes weird topics for pillow talk.

He became vegan for religious reasons and hasn't reached the peak he did as a non-vegan yet.

Gained 10 + lbs of mostly lean mass since going vegan 6 months ago. You don't need animal foods to make gainz.
Also, Jon Venus. Look him up on YouTube. He claims to have made most of his gains after going vegan.

>Implying we should be impressed with your newb gainz
Pic or gtfo

Saturated fat consumption does not cause heart disease, being fat does. All human dietary studies boil down to "shat do fat people consume more than lean people"

>Saturated fat consumption does not cause heart disease, being fat does.

Both do. Stop with this either/or bullshit.

> Stop with this either or
When you stop with this all or none you vegan vagina.

>this thread

>imblying genetics plays no role
>imblying inactivity as a writer behind a desk plays no role
>imblying >imblying >imblying

my god you fucking shills just don't give up huh

>deny, deny, deny!

Yes we're all shills for big veganism
As opposed to the tiny industry that is animal agriculture

No. Saturated fat does not cause heart disease. Being fat does.

This isn't your safe space.

>Implying life isn't just one big war of shills
Time to get redpilled motherfucker. Trust no one...

Doesn't make you any less wrong

>literally referencing the bible while acting "holier-than-thou"
Fuck, vegans are insufferable

You sound like a big pharma shill
I reject your tablets thanx

Facts upsetting you doesn't make me wrong.

NOPE I HATE BIG PHARMA BUT THOSE THAT SHILL FOR "NATTY SUPPS TO CURE YOUR CANCER" SUCK JUST AS HARD. REMEMBER AMERICAS #1 INDUSTRY IS THE BUYING, SELLING, PACKAGING, AND REPACKAGING OF BULLSHIT.

roids matter not macros

The point was it doesn't harm the cows to get milked

>We publish it now with a heavy heart
>heavy heart

kek

Yeah its screened for somatic cell count but the cutoff point is high enough that theres an appreciable amount left in. Not that I really care, its just disgusting imagery used to emotionally sway non vegans

combine harvesters mincing up numerous insects and small mammals vs one cow feeding many many people.
And vegans try to frame it as a black and white issue

His total has decreased at every olympics he's participated in, even though he moved up a weight class for Rio. He went vegan in that time. Coincidence? I think not.

The cutoff point isn't high enough to include mastitis milk. People don't go out of their way to separate it if they could get paid good money for it.