Has lifting stopped people from fucking with you?

Has lifting stopped people from fucking with you?

On the street and public places I'm always being stared at by some douchebag, teased by some teenage dipshit or just getting no respect in general. I'm always squeezing through people because they don't move out of the way, getting shit service from an indifferent staff, often ignored, etc.

I'm skinny and although not short (I'm like 1.85m) I'm very weak and I feel like I'd go down with a punch, and I think most people feel that way about me too.

Does being Veeky Forums help with this?

Publictranspo bro here
I used to be a pretty fat fuck but lost a fair amount of weight and gained some muscle. I'm not a shredded kunt by any means but to normies I look big.
I used to be pretty scared riding the trains and busses but now, I don't really give much thought to the skinny black dude pumping his shitty mixtape at full volume. Like, I'm not invincible and somebody could try to fight me or mug me, but I think I look like it would be a lot of work.
And that gives me confidence. It made me stop feeling so afraid all the time.
Mind your business, don't stare at people obnoxiously, and put on some muscle and nobody is gonna fuck with you.

Ofcourse cmon dude did you even need to ask. I know 2 guys at 6ft3 (both are flatmates at Uni).

One has a background in rugby and plays tennis 3 times a week. He isnt jacked by any means but has a solid core (think a buffer ottermode) and his veins bulge on his arms. He gets laid constantly, no one fucks with him, he is much more confident because he grew up looking great and his background in sports from an early age means hes much more physically fit.

Other guy is a skeleton. Complains he can never put weight on no matter what and has the strength of a 5 year old girl. Literally the butt of 50% of our flatmates jokes even when hes there. He's the only one that gets fucked up when we head out drinking (hes tall but weak af and every dickhead on the street knows it) and hes actually cried in front of us when he lost his wallet and couldnt pay the cab driver. Hes pathetic and all that stems from his being so weak and skinny that he demands no respect.

i used to be incredibly nervous after moving to a big city. i'd look at those world star fight comps a lot and thought fights happened all the time in publicl transit and i didnt feel very tough

went away after years of public transit without a fight in sight

>implying you can't be strong and beta
Take a look around, you fuckin newfag

You guys just sound like assholes to me.

Definitely. Now guys come up and shake my hand for no reason other than I'm big. Some people will see it as a challenge though.
I had a major problem with getting picked on at my first job when I was 17, so I started lifting then to put on some size and it has never happened since so that's nice.

Physique always matters user. If you are completely autistic then yeah things are still impossible but you need to realise that outside of this board, most Veeky Forums members of the public got their physique through sport and lifting ON THE SIDE, not as their passion and definitely not to compensate for anything like this board does.

Veeky Forums doesnt come close to how things work in the real world user.

It wasnt always like this user. When the semester started he had a blank slate like everyone else. He could have been the chill skeleton or just a normal guy and everyone treats everyone as such. All our flatmates settled in and he just stuck out with his insecurities and weakness like a sore thumb.

Even his beta friend (which he fucking followed to Uni kek) fit in (average physique and manlet) because he came out of his shell and carried himself. Skelly has no confidence, getting some weight on would change that but he refuses to listen or change himself.

>most Veeky Forums members of the public got their physique through sport and lifting ON THE SIDE, not as their passion and definitely not to compensate for anything like this board does.
Have you ever been to a gym?
Putting someone down for being socially uncomfortable makes you seem like the little bitch senpai, and I'm sure it doesn't inspire any confidence in your "friend" either. You seem very preoccupied with what others think.

Well why don't you help him out? Nigger some people need help to make it and it's important to help the skeletons realize their potential.

There's a skeleton in all of us bro.

>mostly getting treated with more respect
>seem to make some insecure feggits more insecure
>some want to test their limits with me
>some assume im a dick who judges everyone
Really dont know man, i think im too nice for all this

Growing a beard achieved the same effect for me.

Ive found the opposite, kids giving me lip cause they got something to prove. Nobody gave a fuck when ai was a skelly.. Nonetheless,being fit help end discussions quickly.

>theres a skeletonb in all of us br
thats beautiful user

I think it's mainly because; I'm 6'5, pale, have heavy bags under my eyes and look generally unhinged. Lifting may have "helped".

>some assume im a dick who judges everyone
I've been getting this feeling too kek, especially with guys shorter than me

I just want to live a peaceful life :(

This, and I mean a shitty beard. It's more about the attitude than physique tho I'd say.

I got a lot of respect even when natty and around 185 at 5'11. Once i hopped on gear i blew up to 210.
>no one makes eye contact except girls
>people go far out of their way not to bump into me and apologise profusely when they do
>walk past ghetto black kids at mall "that dude look like he could sleep yo ass with one blow"
>get arrested, doing pullups on bar in rec yard, overhear inmates "that dude is a monster"
Feelsgood

I'm getting treated a bit better. Especially by service-people like cashiers and in the gym. As strength goes up people there show more and more respect. The polish roiders have started being pretty cool and stopped trying to stare me down.

But the biggest difference is how insecure I make other people. Of course these are insecure from before, but now they are much more so around me. Doesn't help I look perpetually angry I guess.

Unfortunately there isnt much I can do user. Im not gonna force him to come to the gym because im not a fucking weirdo, bringing it up over and over would just put him off / make everythign awkward.

Ive mentioned it multiple times in convo how he looks like a skelly, and that at the height he needs to get some weight/muscle on. Its not my responsibility to force him to change, im not his Father or his trainer and itd be very weird if I acted as such.

None of that happened but it's pretty much my dream

Same situation as you bro here's how I stopped people from shouldering me

>walk with left hand up about chest high slightly away from body
>right hand supinated at groin level slightly away from body

Now I don't have to worry about people disrespecting my space because they immediately notice they're gonna get their tit grabbed or balls touched