My wife says that having her period is the only valid excuse to not come to the gym, but I don't buy it...

My wife says that having her period is the only valid excuse to not come to the gym, but I don't buy it, there are no excuses.

how to deal with this and convince her to come, even if she doesn't do that much those days?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/hormone-cycle-and-female-lifters
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Periods can be super awful for some women.
Imagine a gut wreching pain, and/or the impression that some of your internal organs are gonna fall off if you squat. (It's not supposed to be like that during the whole periods time though)

Tell her to wear a tampon and a pad. Have her use a exercise bike. If she still complains then she's a lazy cunt.

I think it's legit bro.
I thank God every day I wasn't born a woman. It's like being born a man with disabilities.

Science gave us painkillers for a reason, if she can go shopping for 6 h she could go to the gym.

That's what I tell her, and I insist because she told me she wanted to become Veeky Forums but she still lacks the motivation clearly.

> making your wife workout all the time
Women don't need to train that often if their diet isn't shit.

Stuffing you face with meds isn't always a good option. Periods can also cause muscular weakness and a reduced stamina. I'm not saying it's the case with your gf, not all women react the same. But periods are like a hormonal shitstorm for some.

Perhaps it's a sign that women were never designed to lift.

Testosterone increases during periods and so does pain tolerance so it's the perfect time to go to the gym

>tampon and a pad
Need more than that for those two cunts

I don't want her to lift, just do some cardio (mild run) and squats so her ass don't start degrading in the comming years.

Painkillers literally kill gainz

Can't be worse than what happens when I chug a serious amount of protein powder. Women need to stop being such wusses.

So get out and do what you can at the gym.

If I stayed at home every time I had aches and pains and felt weak I'd never make it to the gym, ever.

Bullshit. My gf played collegiate sports and they workout every damn day. Her coaches were female consider trying to use that excuse to get out of conditioning would get you yelled at by her and every female on the team rolling their eyes at your weakness. This is an excuse girls think will work on guys because they think we are ignorant due to our absence of a vagina, no Veeky Forums girl would take that bullshit excuse.

I have a friend with really bad periods, I've seen her puke because of pain once. And she's pretty tough. But it may only apply to 0,01% girls, idk

The excuse would be if she bleeds a whole lot. But that would usually be like one day. I know women who bleed through tampon and pad.

Yeah I think that's a pretty rare condition. I was raised around a lot of females, several sisters cousins friends, and their friends etc. Privy to a lot of convos about this stuff and I've never heard of anything that bad.

not all period are made equal, famalan.

OP if you wife says exercising on her period isn't possible, maybe you're better off believing her than a bunch of fuckwits on /fit

>Not all made equal
>I give example of whole teams of women
Clearly not all equal, but clearly not a normal condition either. I guess the defining question for op is how hard does she work the other 23 days of the month. If she's consistently a hard worker you give a pass, if not it's just another red flag.

You're just not getting it senpai.

Would you go to the gym if you felt like you were going to shit yourself at any moment? You probably wouldn't.

It really depends imo. Sometimes i feel weak af and can't even clench my fists, other times im completely fine.
My biggest problem with working out when on my period is what to wear desu, pads give a horrible bulge and i feel like my tampon is gonna shoot out of my vagina when doing dls.

Don't force her on pain killers if she doesn't want to because those can really dull people out.

But yeah, unless she's in terrible pain, she's probably just being lazy and making an excuse up for herself, which i understand because it can be a hassle if she has a heavy flow. Lifting can easily cause an overflow over her pants.

I feel like I'm going to shit myself at any moment frequently after drinking my shakes and doing squats.

Guess what? I do it anyways. Holding it in is good gains for my sphincter as well.

But you would agree that modified workouts are I.e. easy cardio like treadmill walking etc. Should have no adverse affects. My HS gym teacher swore that cardio actually alleviated cramping and she never let females off the hook for p.e. because of that. Then again the woman was a literal machine at 60+ years old and I would regularly see her work 17 year old boys into the ground in her sports Veeky Forums class. She would do all the workouts with every class every day and then would teach community college circuit classes and do the same, and then would go home and run miles. Every day since 1980 when she first started teaching.

Yeah, sure. Even after lifting i've noticed i tend to forget about the period discomfort.
I agree with you, again, unless she's in horrible pain.

t-nation.com/training/hormone-cycle-and-female-lifters

T-Nipple may be a piece of shilling shit at times, but they're not uselss

Forcing her to go to the gym while she's in pain from and made uncomfortable by her period will just piss her off. You're being unreasonable.

There's maybe 2 days out of my period where I feel like a bloated cramp whale floating down a river of blood. I can understand not wanting to go on day 1-2 of your period, but you have to make an effort once the flow slows.

Diva cup.