How do I quit, Veeky Forums?

How do I quit, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/muscleheads-guide-to-alcohol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

self control

I wanna quit getting wasted on beer and vodka 3 times a week, but honestly I couldn't stop altogether

Find something else to do

Smoke weed faggot.

no thanks weed is for losers

realistically how terrible is a shot or two of liquor a night for you
makes me sleep like a baby

just keep track
calories in,
calories out.
two shots is 300cal at max if its a heavy hand shot.

Literally just don't drink them
Put them in a cupboard or something

depends on bodyweight/genetics

ive been getting smashed every nigh for the past 2 weeks since i got dumped from a long relationship

what are my odds of being able to stop when i feel better sober?

Stop smoking weed

fuck you, im taking a fat hit of that carrie fisher OG
Hits so hard itll kill you and yo mother

its just wasted calories, expensive sugar water that has zero health benefits but brings many disadvantages
if you are depressed them alcohol is the last thing you want to put into your body, it clouds your judgment, stops you from feeling necessary things like grief and loss, disables you to do anything but self reflect on your sadness but not with a healthy vision

the only thing it is good for is tooth ache, cut it out from your life for good and forget it exists

Stop right there, buster.

>Implying you will feel better

Just go a few days without it and then drink again.
Expecting to go cold turkey is never gonna happen.
t.someone who also drinks too much.

>wanting to quit a friend

Alcohol has been there for you whenever you felt blue. Can you say that of your friends and family?

I can.
still drink too much.
fag.

If you just do things based on stereotypes then just have some fucking self discipline you fucking pussy and take the bottle out of your mouth. You are no better than the fat fucks who can't stop picking up that fork.

I have quit morphine and gone through withdrawal and you don't even handle not being drunk?

What an absolute fucking loser.

just think to yourself, how many times in your life have you woken up saying "I'm glad that I got drunk last night"?

There's plenty of "I'm glad I was out last night" or "I wouldn't have met that girl if I wasn't at the bar/party/whatever" but I can't think of a single time I was glad that I got shit-faced. All of my good memories of drunk hookups or parties are just blank. I know that things happened and I was having fun, but the memory is just gone because of alcohol.

Remove the alcohol and have good memories. Drown yourself in alcohol for more regrets.

Didn't ever drink. Started hanging around a russian girl who drinks like a fish. We drink. She dumps me. Now I've been drinking not only every days since we met, but every day since she dumped me. Today I actually decided not to drink anymore. Fuck it, and fuck her. My gains are much more important.

>used morphine
>judges a drug you can get at any corner store
it's actually harder because it's a legitimate choice not a degenerate drug.

All alcohol is pretty bad for you, especially if you take it daily. You would do less physical harm to vape weed every day for 2 weeks than just having one beer.

You will seriously fuck yourself up but like most addicts it will probably take till your dick stops working before you do anything about it.

Also it's highly addictive and you will definitely get addicted unless you stop.

I quit from drinking between a 6-12 pack or 4-6 shots of vodka a night to nothing. I went cold turkey.

Get yourself a lorazepam script and take one or even just half of one every night until you stop feeling the need to get drunk.

Shit, I don't even like drinking at all now.

>able
100% you will be fine.

You might just have panic attacks seizures and death lol. Taper your dose. Have discipline. Don't be a pussy about it.

>smoking
Its 2017. I vape daily. Give me one reason to stop.

>lorazepam

careful with that if you're not serious about quitting. no self-control + benzo + alcohol responsible for lots of deaths.

>alcohol
>not for degenerates
Pic related.

I was on morphine for months after an accident. Stop deluding yourself into thinking alcohol isn't degenerate because you can get it at a corner store. That's like saying huffing petrol isn't degenerate because you can just get it at a petrol station, or fast food isn't degenerate because it's so easily available.

Just stop being a fucking pussy and put the bottle down you loser.

Definitely, at least benzos are controlled substances and a little bit harder to get. Plus I feel like lorazepam just makes people (me at least) so dopey I never actually enjoy it.

Quitting is not something you do, it is something you simply stop doing.

This. It's easier to get addicted to benzos because they're not just blatantly poison so your body doesn't immediately try to reject them.

Ahahaha ye buddy vn.
In seriousness you don't need to prescribe to a culture to use a substance. I'm a suited prefessional with an extremely large salary for my age.

Good line I'll use that.

It's literally not doing something how can you fail at that you fucking loser.

I do it once a week...

I'm not proud but I don't know how else to have fun on the weekends with other people if it doesn't involve alcohol of some kind.

I need friends who drink less.

>I need friends who drink less.

pretty much the main problem. from age 15-26 my groups of friends centered our fun around alcohol. had a falling out with them, made new friends who don't need to drink everytime we meet, and now I don't drink.

I drink wayyy too much and also need to stop. I drink before work (sometimes during), in the morning I scavenge the kitchen. I steal chugs from my parents box wine in the fridge (same if they leave the vodka out). When my girlfriend tells me she's gonna come over I drink a little before she comes. And I do it like a junkie, too. It's a shame. Yikes, I'm probably an alcoholic.

Definitely an alcoholic. You know this is the same as being addicted to benzos right? Might as well save your liver and get addicted to xanax instead.

That or taper your dose until you stop drinking entirely.

t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/muscleheads-guide-to-alcohol

Read the sticky.

>alcoholic
>tfw going on 6 years sober
I used to fucking bad. Roughly five nights a week or every night sometimes I would drink 2-3 40 oz bottles of Steel Reserve or Olde English and get black out drunk in my room alone. Sometimes would drink 4 or 5 bottles of Four Loko.
It got bad. Tons of weight of course from eating shit and the drinking. Even some nights had colored piss like green from drinking four loko. Thing was nobody knew I drank cause I only drank alone at home. Then I had a doctor tell me I had high liver enzymes and I knew I needed to quit.
I'll tell you it took a long time to quit. AA didn't work, psychologist was shit. After lots of effort here I am now going on 6 years sober.
What worked was various stuff, like keeping a record of successful days and failed days at sobriety and seeing that list grow better.
Also moving to a new place did wonders. Being away from my local booze store and not living in the same room I always got drunk in was a big help.
Any of you guys with alcoholism can do it. You'll mess up along the way, but keep at it and keep trying. We're all going to make it.

Take Antabuse.

Antabuse has been used since 1951 to help people stop drinking. (The generic name of Antabuse is Disulfiram.) Antabuse is not only effective for stopping drinking. If you have a drug problem, anything that helps you stop drinking will also help you stop using drugs, because alcohol usually leads to drugs.

Antabuse works by making you sick to your stomach if you have a drink. It works because if you know you can't drink, then you won't think about drinking as much.

Numerous studies have proven that Antabuse is effective. It worked for me.