US Army Infantry

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

theglobeandmail.com/news/national/rcmp-reaches-agreement-with-china-to-combat-flow-of-fentanyl-to-canada/article33019084/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

overrated mos.

tanks is where it's at.

>tfw too tall to be a tanker

Never been in the military, but in my experience army infantryman are obnoxious. Fly fixed wing if you can

"If you aint Infantry, you aint shit"

its 60% boredom 35% bullshit and 5% combat

but its the best job in the world if you want it to be.

Fuckin pogs

>Fuckin pogs

say that shit next time you need tank/air support.

r u a flying tank support?

yes.

I used to be infantry, platoon commander

It's the ultimate cuck job, you're just cannon fodder for political agendas and business interests.

Also shooting at village teenagers and old men while sitting behind an inch of armour makes you feel like a piece of shit. Even if it doesn't make you feel that way, it's objectively what you are - those poor fuckers had never even heard of 9/11 or why the fuck we invaded

Fuck it quit and i'll never go back even if they draft me. Politicians can get their own fucking hands dirty I'm not going into combat for 80k a year (less for the non commissioned men who are in even more danger)

>going across the globe to murder innocent people so that the billionaires can get more oil money
>"kept the wolf at bay"

>platoon commander
not platoon leader

Canadian infantry boyo

Average IQ 10 points higher than american, but still pretty low

>Platoon commander
Ok bro, in what army?

>Smoleboo!

This.

As much as Veeky Forums wanna channel their inner /pol/ and be like "m-muh modsleems" i can tell you with certainty kicking down doors of families who are just praying/having a good ol dinner then shooting up their village + mosque for 'muh democracy' is one of the shittiest things you can do as a human.

Not to mention they treat you like shit afterwards. Friend who used bunk 3 beds down stepped on a mine during patrol couple of years ago, they literally treated him like trash after to the point he came very close to being homeless.
Had he not known me/my family to help him out he'll probably sleeping in boxes right now, just a couple of years after he bled in foreign lands for our country.

Kek'd

Don't mix that one tour of fucking duty in a non-salvageable shithole with the actual fucking job of a standing army.

t.2tourcombatgruntusinfantry

The military fuckin sucks in general. Have to take orders from douchebags that usually don't give a shit about you. All the US army is today is a how fast can I get promoted through bs means clusterfuck. In the end if you die in the infantry or get your limbs blown off.. no one cares. You get a cheap funeral or have to deal with the VA the rest of your life. If you do join get a high ASVAB score and do something useful for your future.

You Canadian too? This kid wants to join the US Army, which has benefits and tends to earn you some fucking respect if youre not from some liberal ass family/town.

Found the Storm Valorfag.

Former 11B here. Despite super high ASVAB scores (99) and a GT score over 130, I would never choose another MOS. Being in the infantry literally turned my life around. Now I have a hot blonde wife, three degrees thanks to the GI Bill, and a six-figure income.

Also I have been to Sumeria and killed Sumerians. How many other people can say the same?

Seriously, crusade for as long as your body will let you, then get out and collect VA benefits and hit the gym everyday.

>Storm Valorfag.
wtf is that shit

and why do you get a boner off talking shit to people on a anonymous mongolian bike trading forum

(This is coming from a high asvab scoring, 11b who has done tours in 04 - 05 and 07-08)

>not taking pride in furthering American interests
You think the Romans were so self hating when they conquered Greece?

>tfw I signed an open contract with the Marine Corps

How fucked am I?

I think he meant stolen valor. Hearing guys whine about "the awful things the bad army made me do" to civilians makes me sick. Nobody pulled the trigger for you.

>signing open contracts
oh boi HAHAHAHSDOA:KLDJAL:SJDASL:DJALS:DKA:DKAS:DJKAL:SDJAS:DJAS:DJA:LSDJSDJALS:D

Not any more fucked than any other marine in history. Just remember it doesn't mean anything until you ship. Switch to army if you want.

I've been in the DEP for nearly a year and if I switch branches I probably won't ship until sometime in August or September.

Yeah that's that marine shit. Army doesn't let you wait that long. I was a recruiter.

Good it's an open contract, they'll need you in the coming years.

With luck you'll be fighting cold war commie bastards. Worst case scenario, you'll be fighting our fellow english-speakers

Delian League>Byzantine Empire>Roman Empire
Deal with it scrub

lol shut the fuck up
Canadian army pays better, has better benefits and looks after its troops better than you americans.
All it takes is for a warrant officer to get pissed and all your sacrifice and service are now shit because of your rank.
You're still a shit human being, and you cling to your time in the military like a child with his blanket.

Also
>and tends to earn you some fucking respect if youre not from some liberal ass family/town.

No doubt there's literally millions of people whose respect comes from having been in the military and hanging around people that have never done anything worthwhile. If you're actually capable of success, steer clear of the military

Because these are the dudes that will let everyone know that they were in the military within an hour of meeting them.

Army-fags are the worst

at best, you never excelled in highschool and fell for the meme of (((serving your country)))

at worst, you're a loser who had no friends, made no connections and saw no way up from highschool so once again, fell for the army meme.

m-muh bravery, muh patrioticism

stfu, if you really cared about the country and the shitheads that lived in it you'd become an EMT and actually save lives instead of being useless cannon fodder for proxy wars that never needed to happen.

>Latin Empire>Delian League>Byzantine Empire>Roman Empire

If it ain't latin it ain't right, nigger.

I posted this
and
do you assume things very often?

I think the only thing angrier than retired infantry is a retired medic.

>11b
>came out and worked as an EMT in NYC

nope, I'd rather be surrounded by brothers than ever work as an EMT again.

I'm in DEP for the air force. Sweet GI bill, free gym, free food, free rent, and the same money I'd make in Europe anyway. I'm giving up two euro citizenships though. RIP triple citizenships

> child to blanket
Some of us wanted to join, volunteered for every assignment and deployment, and have self respect rather than cry to non-vets. Also, fuck Canada.

>Chair Force

Have fun faggot.

What fucking wolf is there to keep at bay nowadays though, the Koreans?

Yeah why do you think I'm going there? I'll go to basic for pussies, I'll work in a room with A/C (for my MOS), I'll get better lodging, a better clearance, and an associate's. All for the same pay and benefits. I may be a faggot but who do you think is making the better choice here?

We're becoming the corporate wolf.

Go on a tour to Europe
Let me know what you find

>Venetian client that did absolutely nothing other than liquidate centuries of riches to sustain itself
>better than anything

Yes. Literally all the time

I am assuming your tours were in Afghanistan or Iraq. Neither of which are impressive tours, both were completely asymmetrical warfare

Nice job with Iraq by the way, 500 000 dead civilians and the emergence of ISIS are a small price to pay for thousands of US troops and an unstable region. Thanks for your service, causing a net loss to the future

You don't have self respect, your ego is just too fragile and attached to your time in the military to admit it was all a fuckup and all we did was ruin a region.

Face it, being a soldier has never been something honourable - we were called sellswords and mercenaries before people in power got smart and told us to take pride as if "just following orders" is an honourable thing to do.

Volunteering to do everything that you are told is the mark of a directionless and morally weak man, not something praiseworthy

The Chinese
theglobeandmail.com/news/national/rcmp-reaches-agreement-with-china-to-combat-flow-of-fentanyl-to-canada/article33019084/

>implying dumb fuck middle eastern immigrants are any sort of threat to the US

Can confirm, I fucking live in europe. These autistic retards have no idea of the non-threat that immigrants are here. Almost all terrorism was done by nationals anyway. The reason I'm leaving is the poor jobs economy in europe. I also like the GI bill. I can confirm that I'm an opportunistic person.

Why are you telling him to do something you haven't done?

You're just saying shit you read on /pol/ and pretending you have real life experience with these people.

I think you might be retarded.
Professional soldiering as a NCO while choosing your assignments (including SOF) is basically the most honorable and praiseworthy thing a man can do these days, especially if it involves fighting radical Islam.

>Delian League
What? They fizzled out and died after getting too arrogant in barely any time at all. You saying that's more of an accomplishment than Rome?

Exactly. It's not the kebab's fault if nobody likes the..

>You are wrong because I said so
No, you're a fool who can't into big picture. Choosing your assignment as an individual soldier doesn't exclude you from the fact that you are choosing a position in a larger political agenda or business interest.

And getting paid shit money to do it

Like a dumbass

You can push papers/fix computers and get the GI bill. We all pay taxes to further those interests anyway, might as well get something out of it.

I'm talking infantry specifically. If it's not a mindfuck for you that you're getting paid the same to enter battle/get shot/wounded as the same rank is making to push papers, you're not thinking it through

I joined because I wanted to see battle. I left because I saw how stupid fighting someone else's battles for peanuts is. I'm not even knocking mercenaries - at least they get paid well. But being a rank and file infantry soldier is something they can only convince you to do with vague shit like honour and valor which mean nothing when your marching orders come from people who have neither

If my agendas are aligned with the organization I work for then there's no problem.
> shit money
Guessing you never got promoted or moved out of the barracks.
Anyway you need to seriously stop being such a liberal faggot and go lift some weights, maybe it'll raise your testosterone.

Confirmed for whiney private. I saw quitters like you go awol all the time.

Why are military such pretentious faggots? Everyone I know who joined the military was a retard in high school who now gets paid to get hit in the head and have anal sex. On top of it, they think they are saving the world, even though they sit at some base in Okinawa or South Korea.

Army is literally the worst. At least Marines know they are retards. Air force and Navy has the highest amount of faggot, but that's because most soldiers in the Army or Marines are too big of pussies to come out of the closet.

If you're in the military, you should just kill yourself. No civilian unironically respects those in the military. Whenever someone says "Thank you for your service", they walk away with a shit eating grin trying not to laugh at how pathetic you truly are.

How do marines and infantry guys maintain their muscle with all the cardio they do? Are they fed a large amount of calories throughout the day?

My testosterone was high enough that I said I was leaving, went infront of a Major for review and told him I was leaving, then infront of a Colonel to whom I repeated that I'm not doing the job for moral reasons and that's the end of the story.

They transferred my responsibilities and let my contract finish without calling me back into work, just switched my class so I wasn't getting paid anymore if I didn't sign in.

Are you working private military? Can you do that if you weren't special forces? I head it pays crap if you don't have special forces training since they can just hire 3rd worlders, so I didn't look into it. What does an infantry captain make going private, with what company?

If that's not what you're doing, nevermind

You're literally just peer pressured into staying, that's why you went straight to "Quitter"

I finished all my shit and was a platoon commander, dummy

Was supposed to be "Stolen Valorfag." I got autocorrected and hit "post" before double-checking.

And after tours in 05-06 and 08-09, I get the strangest boners. Especially in 140 degree port-o-shitters. Mongolian cross-stitching forums just make my pants tighten.

>Everyone who doesn't get glassy eyed remembering their time in the military must by lying about it
Some of us just had more sense than others. That's why I was an officer and you were under command - they don't hire the intelligent people to pull triggers

I don't tell anyone. People detect it from the way I stand, keep my hair, speak, and lead a team. They know they are inferior specimens who would crumble under the slightest pressure, and thus they yield to me.

If you can't spot someone in or retired from the military in two seconds anyway, you should kill yourself.

Lol you're an insecure faggot, the military just made you an insecure faggot with an ego

Be all you can be - a complete tool

Enlighten me. What is an open contract?

Its being a retard. It means you signed a contract and they own your ass, but it was never specified what your job would be. They're just going to slot you in wherever they want you

It's turning around and spreading your ass cheeks for them, and letting them do whatever they want with you for 4 years in exchange for shit-tier pay

No guarantee for a specific MOS. being a MARINE is the selling point. Their branch is small so they get away with it. They get the same pay as everyone else though, so idk where this "shit-tier" guy is coming from.

> Be all you can be

Found the 40+ Berlin Wall era coward who never had the mettle to raise his hand and serve his country.

USMC 0317 here

Army is shit bruh and fags

why? cause having to buy your own batteries in the USMC makes you a man?

Yeah and our uniforms are cooler

t. I saw an HBO miniseries and am now a Marine expert

Also I just steal batteries out of the range box

My nigga. Former 19K and 19D here. Death before dismount motherfuckers.

Nope
6'5" here and 19K with a waiver.

Get this fitness related comment out of here

Kek - spotted to ASVAB failure.

Commander? WTF?

Chair Force here, our uniforms suck so bad, honestly it almost soured me on the entire branch. We look like flight attendants in our service dress. Marine uniforms are indeed top tier.

Platoon commander is USMCs version of platoon leader

Lel this but at least you all have stacks because you get ribbons for showing up to formation

I agree though Marines have to buy everything. Not worth it.

Yeah but a platoon Cmdr/Ldr is what O3 on the high end? 80k a year for an O3........sounds like horseshit to me.

Most platoon leaders in the army are O1's and O2's.

Wait other branches get their uniforms paid for?

We get a yearly uniform stipend but it doesn't nearly cover everything, especially when a set of cammies is 100$ and boots are $200 and they're constantly getting ruined

Yeah man. Sorry to break it to you.

Not sure exactly how much officers get paid but that user was probably adding in BAH which all officers get. Definitely makes a shit ton more than I do as an E5 with 5 years in though.

Hang in there bro. I wan an E5 when I got out. Did 8 years, but couldn't play the reup for rank game. Making bank now in the IT world.

I'm getting out this year and going to college on the GI bill.

Is it even worth it to go to college at this point? Will I get to smush young pussy?

lol you're garbage, everyone can sense it and they can probably yell you're sensitive about your self esteem

Your social group and family are proud of your military career because it's the most you'll ever amount to - bottom of the barrel cannon fodder

Fuck yeah. Play the vet card and get smart. The libtards will hate on you though. Baby killer and all that shit.

Let em pass - they will never understand.

I actually helped some of the ROTC guys be less retarded and they were really grateful. Man some of them were ate the fuck up pretty bad.

>libtards
Going to an ultra liberal school in Boston should be interesting then

What did you study?

It's sad you think that way brother, military has created a future for both me and my family. I'd take this over any other job in the civilian world I'd depise.

MREs have lots of calories