Redpill me on "deloading" Veeky Forums

Redpill me on "deloading" Veeky Forums

Is it a meme or is there a reason to do it?

who is this demon of semen?

its a dude user

You mean going down on weight at a plateau poiny or taking something like Nolvadex at the end of a cycle?

no...that can't be right...I'm not attracted to men....

user.... I'm sorry....

reducing weight, currently I am starting to plateau at relatively low weight after my 8th month of lifting. My diet is still good, eating at a surplus, not sure why I can't go up

Nooooo keep going op, you're body is an indescribable machine that will keep progressing in weight and gains no matter what you do. Deloaing? Nah that's for pussies, just like overtraining.

that's called PCT, not deloading
deloading is not a meme, it is done when accumulated fatigue becomes too high

example
275 3x5
280 3x5
280 5,4,4
280 4,3,3 -> fatigue has accumulated, performance is going down, deload by 10%

other way deloading is used is as an easier week or so with lighter weights, serves the same function of letting accumulated fatigue go away

How is your sleep and rest regimen?

at least 8 hours a day, usually 9.

what weight

what bodyweight

what routine

Why not simply rest for a week and let your whole body recover fully?

I weigh 133, I'm doing SS, I maxed 175 on Bench 155 Front Squat, havent maxed back squat yet, 105 OHP and 225 Deadlift. The last week everything felt so much harder than it should have

because you don't need to stop lifting altogether, you can get away with just lowering the load for a little bit

this is better for a novice LP - you aren't familiar with the movements yet, and a week is long enough for slight detraining

the take the week off or take a light week approach is good too but not for something like a novice LP

1. you are doing front squats, that's not in SS
2. a 175 bench at 133lbs isn't too bad, you likely just need to keep gaining a pound a week until you don't weigh as much as a high school girl
3. 8 months of lifting and your deadlift is 225? have you just been stalling the entire time?

It is literally a recommended accessory in the SS book.

Deadlifts kind of scare me a little bit so I haven't pushed them as hard as I necessarily could.

My starting weight was 116, literal Auschwitz mode

you don't need accessories, you need to get your squat to 315 and deadlift to 405

and if you read the book, you would know you are supposed to deload when you stall

kek

Solid advice right here

Who is (s)he though? Other pics?

OT: If you're stuck with a particular lift, do something else for a few weeks (or more), then get back to work (at a slightly lower weight, to compensate for the break). Anything beyond that is a meme.

>Who is (s)he though? Other pics?
Bailey Jay

everybody started with linetrap/bailey. Enjoy your new fetish.

Bailey jay a trap in my world he was a she and not a tranny

A-am I gay now?

>accessories don't help your main lifts
>accessories can't help push you last plateaus

i never said that, though, i specifically addressed him with "you"

i said ((((he)))) didn't need accessories, because he deadlifts 225lbs

why would he need accessories to increase such a toddler-level deadlift? it's clear he's just unfamiliar with the movement itself and needs to train it harder and more consistently

I want to "fuck" Bailey ;)

kek