>How do I gain muscle
READ THE STICKY

>This isn't very helpful I don't' want to read the sticky
READ THE FUCKING STICKy

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-derek42.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=SV7l1sfEmO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

seriously why does it seem my body is fit while staring at the mirror but when i look down it isnt at all? it happens the same when i take pics..
do you reach your final form when you notice your abs/gains at first sight?

How to take good pics? I got a fullbody mirror it just makes me look weird idk why?
Cameras I have available are an S4 Galaxy and the Galaxy Camera

What does high test mean?

Can't say why it is like that with mirrors and just looking at yourself... After training I look at the mirror and think what a machine, look down and think, well hello matchstick man...

>be handsome and pretty
>take pic

Is this program good for someone wanting strength + hypertrophy? Is 1 set of deadlifts enough?

It's a meme where the higher test you are the more you want to fuck chubby/fat girls.

Is 135x8 on ohp good?

Should I be sore after working out? Some days I am and others I don't feel sore at all. If my muscles aren't sore, are they growing?

If I cut right now will I look like shit? Do I even look like I lift?

Relative to the overall population, yes. You are in the top 5%. But people around here won't be impressed or anything.

It's called the lookdown effect. It's also why your dick looks bigger in pictures/the mirror.

>If I cut right now will I look like shit?
You'll be skinny with abs and some definition.
>Do I even look like I lift?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lift more faggot

No it's fine, soreness generally goes away almost enitrely after the noobgains stage

As long as you stick to it you quitter

No point in cutting at this point.

Building muscle takes a long fucking time on my frame. My numbers have tripled since I started 3 months ago and I swear to god I haven't gotten any bigger. Feels fucking demotivating man.

Thank you friend.

>Is 135x8 on ohp good?
>You are in the top 5%.

The fuck? Like ~1% of people go to the gym regularly, and of those that do, maybe ~1% can OHP a plate for 1, yes 1, rep. Fuck, nobody in my gym even OHP's unless they're sitting or using dumbbells.

>No it's fine, soreness generally goes away almost enitrely after the noobgains stage

Thanks, user. I thought I was wasting days if I wasn't in pain the next day. I wanted to lift on off days just so I'd feel sore. Good to know I'm actually making progress.

does lifting during puberty affect anything at all? does it help you reach "genetic potential"? does it stunt growth? what's the truth?

>3 months
Are you the kind of faggot who thinks you can get big im under a year? Fuck outta here. Cut now, because for normie standards you might look like you lift when you have abs. Show off for summer them start lean bulking.

Depends on what you mean by "puberty".

Lifting when you're 10-14? Yeah don't do that. Your bones are still developing.

In High School 15-18? Sure, shouldn't hurt.

>In High School 15-18? Sure, shouldn't hurt.

i've heard people still growing around those ages, though, "height gains" etc etc.

That's the plan son. I'm honestly just tired of being fat honestly. I want to hit 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year but I also don't want to spend most of the year at this weight.

actually, fuck my shit up, none of what I said was true.

bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-derek42.htm

>Children as young as 6 can safely start weight training.
You should be fine.

There's no data to suggest that lifting during puberty stunts growth. Whole thing's based on anecdotes about short people who started early. Having said that your intervertebral disc might be in danger if you lift really heavy with poor form. Anybody still in puberty should be really careful but you can still do basic compounds without any issues. Wouldn't recommend a bodybuilding routine though. You're going through a sensitive period in motoric control so variety in exercise is really important.

Cut. Then worry about muscle. You're not going to get ripped from being fat in under a year, particularly if you're going the natty route.

FUCKING EEEEAAAAT MOOOOREEEE

>Lifting when you're 10-14? Yeah don't do that.
Tell that to any olylifter who's world class. All start around 11-13 y/o.
>Your bones are still developing.
For some people it takes up until age 25 to have their bones fully developed. Liftin weight won't stunt your growth. Quite on the contrary, giving you body such a stimulus and eating higher quantities of food will help your natural gh production.

BUT I WANT TO BE HOT NOW REEEEEE

Yeah I figured about the same. I just don't want to look like a skellington when I do cut. I'm hoping that in the past few months I've gained enough muscle to at least be ottermode and then start really lifting from there.

(You)

>For some people it takes up until age 25 to have their bones fully developed

how would one know if ones bones aren't fully developed? just guessing? my dad and my moms dads stopped growing at around 21 or 22.

You still get noob gains from cutting, no need to worry about muscle.

Besides, you can get thin without entering skeletal mode.

Thanks brah, i'll continue cutting then.

can I front squat to warm up for back squats?

Is it normal for my breath to smell gassy when I'm cutting? Brushing 3 times a day.

Are you eating shit? Because otherwise no

Eating the usually stuff on a cut, chicken, broccoli, rice, oats, that sort of shit.

As a beginner (~6 months, 1/2/3/4) I know that when cutting I will lose a bit of strength, but is it possible to maintein at least muscle size?

any fit bros work out in the mornings?

you find that you get exhausted by midday? how the hell do you even make the habit of getting up so early? are showers at the gym really that vile?

When doing the overhead press can i use the smaller bars that have the weight locked on them instead of using the Olympic bar.

Which one is better and why?

I wake up at 7 am and hot the gym around 8. I feel pretty good about it, but I go to sleep at around 11 pm. I might not have understood about the showers tho

When a program calls for something like, 3x12, what sort of weight are you doing and when do you go up in weight? Do you do those 12 sets entirely to failure and then go up in weight when you're not failing the last rep?

What are some pros of being able to take fewer breaths per minute?

i've been doing starting strength for 3 years now and im really impressed with my fucked up body.

anyone have any ideas how i can look even more like shit?

>OHP day
>feeling good about things
>load up the bar
>manage 5 reps at my 5RM
>then 4
>then 3
>3
>3
>fucking 3 again
4 minute rest time between each set
this happens every fucking session, why?
how do I stop this?
is there a better rep range for progress? stalled on 48.5kg atm

Well, 3-5 reps is for strength, so eat more and keep at it.

Don't forget to rest.

Make sure you're not hitting chest or tris beforehand also.

Go on a small cut for two weeks and then bulk the fuck up

anybody else here /weakelbows/? i cant do overhead tricep extensions or skullcrushers without feeling like my elbow is gonna burst

me 2. how 2 fix

wew lad don't "cut", you're not fat, you're just unshapely. Lift hard, eat healthy at a slight surplus and do some fucking cardio/conditioning.
If you cut now you will not look better afterwards, you'll just be smaller and probably weaker. Cutting is for fatasses and bodybuilders. You're neither. You're far better off going for long term gains.

Don't worry about abs for summer or some bullshit like that.
The best thing to do in your position is to make slow but steady gains for the rest of the year (adjusting diet and training every couple of months).
Cutting now is a waste of time and you'll regret it next year.

Take joint medicine.

Depends on your weight. This is for 1RM btw

Can you take the same grip on those bars?
Are the bars available in 2.5kg/5lbs (or less) increments?
Are the bars the same thickness as an Olympic barbell?
If yes to all, I don't see why not.

If the program doesn't prescribe a certain weight or percentage, don't worry too much about exact numbers. 3x12 in that case is just as good as 3x10 or 12-10-8 or 13-13-10 or whatever.

GOMAD

More a question for femanons in the US. Neet gf got interested in fitness. Because she's been an extreme skinny dyel her whole life both bar and 0 added weight machines are too heavy for her. Our gym has an indoor pool and I think at this point swimming for cardio and water resistance strength would be the best bet. Her issue is she's rocking a 32G bra at 120 lbs and doesn't know a brand or type for swimsuits that fit her measurements. She wants a one piece, and since I bought my no name brand trunks at Walmart years ago, I don't even know where to begin looking for something with her.

I really dont like counting calories.

Worst case scenerio what would happen if I ate whatever I wanted (within reason) and lift? it really shouldnt be that big of a deal as long as I carb up right?

Sticky sucks, tho

GOTTA LIFT BIG TO EAT BIG

it's over bros, my knee hurts, time to just do upper body. I don't want to experience this again. At least I hit 300 for reps but not 3pl8

>Lifting when you're 10-14? Yeah don't do that. Your bones are still developing.

Bullshit. There's no danger. Until you're at Tanner Stage 4 it'll be hard as fuck to gain muscle mass effectively because the endocrine system isn't geared up for it yet.

Growth plates haven't closed; it takes Xrays to determine.

Why not warm up for back squats with back squats?

>SS
>three years
YNDTP

Increase rest between set to five minutes. Also, why six sets?

I've found focusing on trying to touch my elbows while doing skulllcrushers helps.

I know this one. Happened when I ate way too much protein. Like 175g when I was around 125lbs lean weight and around 175lbs total. Don't fall for the 1g/lb jew. It's 0.8-1g/lb lean mass.

Short answer: Progression
Long answer: READ THE FUCKING STICKY

I started at 11

so I asked a dumb question? got it

how do i read the sticky

can I safely assume 1700 calories are too low for my activity level and weight? 185 pounds and training intensive 6 days a week for ~1.30 hours alongside school.

My hair started thinning untill I had a refeed day and I was constantly tired. I am on a high volume routine.

Bring a shake or drink in that will provide energy, alternate between your ohp and something unrelated to shoulders like squats.

This is because your shoulders are getting tired too quickly, which could be caused by low energy or too heavy a weight.
Drop down to 45-47kg for now and continue doing 5 reps.

Is consuming honey healthy ? Is it different from added sugar which is not ?

It's healthier but not in the way of not making you fat.

how tall is alan thrall?

how many calories does a typically weightlifting session burn?

Doing madcow so i'm only in the gym 45 min-1 hour and I only do 12-16 total sets

5'7" manlet and some tdee calc online said my tdee was 2100-2200 so i'm aiming for 2700

Is madcow a valid program?

i've only just started so i'm still on the easy weeks

What are the best supplements for potassium and magnesium?

I'm struggling right now.

What accessory exercises can I do to strengthen my rotator cuffs and hip flexors/abductors

What's a good way to get energized before morning workouts? I used to just wake up, eat my breakfast and go and be good, but since school started and more work hours, I find myself getting to the gym with my body feeling like I just woke up.

The sticky sucks fyi

Am switching up my routine and looking to gain a little strength. My 5RMS are:
>deadlift: 295
>squat: 205 (lanklet)
>bench: 190
>ohp: 110

My question is, for doing Sean10mms stripped 5x5 (or any 5x5), how should i ramp up the weights? I'm worried less about the increment and more about where i'm starting.

For example, should i even bother starting with benching the bar or pulling 1plate for the first set, os should i just warm up and start heavier?

Where do i buy legal clenbuterol in the usa, can someone post that infographic on clen and ephedrine

I've been lifting 2 years now and I feel like I've reached the point where I need a belt and some straps. I've never looked at either of these things, any specific brands to stay away from?

I get painless snapping when I stretch my left shoulder. I also get a lot of discomfort from sleeping on it. Should I be doing mobility work for it? (my right shoulder has more rom). What should I be doing for it?

NIce trips. You should definitely do mobility work on your left shoulder. I've found that when I first wake up, my right shoulder will do a lot of clicking which is painless, but if it happens enough times I start to get some discomfort. This can be remedied by stretching against a wall, focusing on external rotation of the shoulder joint. I can't stress enough how important it is that you don't just stretch the pec, but actively use your rear delts and rotate/tuck your elbow as much as possible while doing this. Watch this video, specifically the stretch he does around 5:40: youtube.com/watch?v=SV7l1sfEmO0

Stretch in the morning, drink some hot liquid (tea, coffee).

Do face pulls and rear delt flies for the rotator cuff. Most people's hip flexors are too tight and strengthening is not a problem, but stretching is important, so try googling a few stretches for that.

Honey actually has almost zero nutritional value. Molasses is healthier, but they are all basically just sugar at the end of the day.

Did SIR make a new year comic? If so, can someone post it? I guess I missed it

im at about 230 pounds now at 25% bodyfat estimate. how many pounds of fat do i need to lose in order to get to 13% if my lean body mass stays the same?

another cut related question, will my 4 day push/pull power/hypertrophy program + 2 cardio days a week be too much on a cut? i plan on going easy the first few weeks, eating at maintenance the first one or two (been bulking for almost a year).

>Reading the sticky
>How do I lose weight?
>"Calories in, calories out, idk it depends"
>Well, what should I eat?
>"Idk it depends, no bad stuff I guess"
>What if I...
>"It depends, idk, fuck you"

T-thaankks

Not gonna make it

Anyone?

230 x 0.75 = 172.5 (your lbm)
172.5/0.87 = 198 (bw @ 13% bf)

So I home gym as too poor for membership atm.
Got some dumbbells but I've maxed out the weight so questions:
1)How much weight do I add, we talking 2.5/5Kg on each?
2)Currently at 3x10, should I drop it down to 3x8 with the new weight or 2x8 then 1xfailure?

Skinnyfat here
Is cardio a meme and can I burn fat with just weight lifting?

Bumpo

I'm 6'4" and 363lbs, need to lose weight before it's too late. Will eating 2500 calories a day be fine? Calculators say eat more but they don't usually take into account how obese I am

Cardio isn't a meme, it's important for you health and it's good for burning fat as well. You can burn fat with just weight lifting, but don't think doing your 3 sets of squats with 7 minutes rest inbetween for SS is gonna burn much. If you want to burn a lot of calories by lifting weights, look no further than crossfit.

2500 a day sounds fine, just make sure you get plenty of protein to retain muscle mass.

>straps
Doesn't really matter what brand you buy since it's all the same shit.

>belt
If you want high quality leather it'll be expensive and in the $100-200 range.

Can I still do squats if I got doms on my quads? Same with other muscles.

Absolutely. It helps to massage/foam roll the sore areas beforehand to loosen them up. Make sure you don't let the discomfort compromise your form.